Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The swap police need to get a life!

Candie CayCandie Cay Posts: 127
I listed the Restation Harware throw ...it was a gift from Little Lsce Box when you bought a years subscription! So,,got it from Little lace box..that is a sub box folks! Do you have nothing better to than to try to mark things as not from sub boxes? I do not understand how anyone has that much time on their hands. Perhaps before you do this you should know what you are talking about first. This is getting out of control. There are So many things listed that are not from boxes, yet you flag things that are.. Would like to have this fixed! Ridiculous!

Comments

• Sorry...mad and typed wrong ..throw from LLB was from Restoration Hardware..came from LLB..gift w/yr sub.
  • texbettytexbetty Posts: 647
    @chris the throw from PSMH in 2014 the Turkish throw it is also flagged and not visable. I follow it and checked today to see if any were available and noticed it flagged
  • chrischris Posts: 3,520
    @texbetty, I believe it is fixed now. Please let me know the item number or exact name if it is not. :)
  • CeceCece Posts: 395
    The sarong from Rachel Zoe Box is also flagged.
  • kylajaclynkylajaclyn Posts: 3,005
    @chris One of the Massi throws (from FFF add-on) on my follow list is also gone because it was flagged. Maybe because it was a different color posted for the picture? But it's definitely from a box.
  • kylajaclynkylajaclyn Posts: 3,005
    @Candie Cay Sadly, and conversely, there are so many things NOT flagged (esp. under FFF) that have NEVER come from that box (I know the contents of each from the beginning) and yet the legit throw gets flagged and these other items do not. Sigh.
  • lisadlisad Posts: 2,097
    Probably someone who was kicked off swaps or had legit flags causing trouble.....I never flagged anyone but it sounds malicious at this point.
  • MelissaBMelissaB Posts: 1,614
    One or more of the many listings for Dr Brandt microdermabrasion scrub was/were also flagged.
  • HappyWifeHappyWife Posts: 2,166
    I think they are actually cleaning up all the multiples... Correct me if I'm wrong @chris
  • MelissaBMelissaB Posts: 1,614
    Yes @HappyWife they are cleaning up multiples. But I had clicked on one of the microdermabrasion listings and it said it had been flagged and was not available. :/
  • MisaMisaMisaMisa Posts: 526
    I thought someone had mentioned one time that some people will flag the items they want so that others won't be able to swap for them as easily :neutral: It's never happened to any of my items so I guess my stuff isn't desirable enough, lol. Anyway, sounds very frustrating.
  • StephanieStephanie Posts: 827
    MisaMisa said:

I thought someone had mentioned one time that some people will flag the items they want so that others won't be able to swap for them as easily :neutral: It's never happened to any of my items so I guess my stuff isn't desirable enough, lol. Anyway, sounds very frustrating.

I really hope that this isn't true. If so, I agree with @Ellie, ridiculous and petty.
  • nelliebelle1197nelliebelle1197 Posts: 2,074
    edited January 2016
    It does sound malicious. I mean, the Rachel Zoe sarong?? That has been around forever. I never flag anything until I check it - and I am usually checking because I am actually looking at the profile to see if I want anything. It is super easy to google box + item for heavens sake! Or super easy to see if more than one is posted. I just checked and there are 19 sarongs listed. No way that was flagged except for meanness.
  • JennGJennG Posts: 2,363
    @MisaMisa wow people are really like smart. I don't know how this even occurs to people. Guess I don't have a devious brain.
  • Maybe the flagged limit needs to be increased to 100-200 flags. I know it's frustrating when things are wrongfully flagged but as @chris pointed out its very easy to accidently flag items on your phone. I've been guilty of that myself since I'm on here with my iPhone. I wasn't aware it was removed after 3 flags... I thought it took more flags to be removed.
  • Cara0730Cara0730 Posts: 1,157
    I am also an accidental flagger! It only happens on my phone. I have actually stopped doing certain things on my phone specifically for that reason.
  • Cara0730Cara0730 Posts: 1,157
    I think sometimes you can still swap for an item directly from someone's list, even if it is flagged. There was one item I wanted to swap for (that was absolutely from a sub box) and it was flagged. The system would not let me see the listings but while in a swap I could still select the item with the "I Want This" button.
  • I would like to know the rule or etiquette for posting items purchased with sub box gift cards. I swapped for a lot of fashion project gift cards from the 2014 FFF winter box and purchased clothing with them. I posted the items that didn't work for me on the swap. They have been up for awhile and are now (very recently) flagged and unavailable as "not from a subscription box." I see items all of the time that are purchased WITH sub box gift cards.
  • lisadlisad Posts: 2,097
    @LLB if the clothing came from an actual sub box them yes. You can list the cards from a sub
  • shersher Posts: 109
    LLB said:

I would like to know the rule or etiquette for posting items purchased with sub box gift cards. I swapped for a lot of fashion project gift cards from the 2014 FFF winter box and purchased clothing with them. I posted the items that didn't work for me on the swap. They have been up for awhile and are now (very recently) flagged and unavailable as "not from a subscription box." I see items all of the time that are purchased WITH sub box gift cards.

I would like to know about that rule too. Is there an official policy?
  • strmama2strmama2 Posts: 643
    @LLB There are a lot of items purchased with gift cards that were in boxes listed... Fashion project, Danielle Stevens, Sorial, Gorjana, Shoptiques. I thought it was ok to list those items, but I have seen a lot get flagged.
  • strmama2strmama2 Posts: 643
    I have had a new pair of shoes from Shoedazzle flagged, and I even included a pic of the inside of the shoe to show the "Shoedazzle" label. I don't understand why people would do that.
  • If the general consensus is that it is okay to post items purchased with sub box gift cards (and given how many posted items are from sub gift cards), then I really wish swap police would find better ways to spend their time than flagging other people's swap items. What a hassle.
  • There are a lot of questions and gray areas; we really need all this listed out in the TOU. If you can post the cards, why wouldn't you be able to post stuff purchased with cards? Kind of seems like the same thing.