Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changes to blog format?

nananana Posts: 827Member
Is anyone else noticing changes to the way MSA displays, at least on a desktop monitor? I'm noticing that the photos are larger now and the blog area is wider, which I find more uncomfortable to read. But I imagine the changes could be due to my browser updating automatically and changing how it displays things as well.

In any case, @msaeric if it is something you guys did, it was better before.

Comments

• joyjoy Posts: 57Member
    @nana yes mine changed too. The sign up for target box keeps popping up on the right side of my screen and I cannot get it off. Very annoying.
  • TsumqyTsumqy Posts: 405Member
  • chrischris Posts: 3,634Member, Moderator
    joy said:

@nana yes mine changed too. The sign up for target box keeps popping up on the right side of my screen and I cannot get it off. Very annoying.

What browser are you using? Is this on mobile or non-mobile?

A number of enhancements were made to the blog format last night, but I am not seeing the Target popup multiple times?

@nana, is it something you could change by modifying your screen settings?
  • nananana Posts: 827Member
    I'm using Firefox on windows. I might be able to make changes, but then it might "break" other websites so I'm just going to leave it.
  • PattyKPattyK Posts: 409Member
    Yes, I use Internet Explorer and am having the same changes on the blog site from my laptop.
  • MelissaBMelissaB Posts: 1,685Member
    I'm on my desktop, and I can't get away from the Target pop-up, either.
  • ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 243Member
    On the upside the new format allows me to get the the forum more easily. On the downside, it doesn't display as well on my phone. I'm getting the ads too.
  • Liz CadmanLiz Cadman Posts: 202Administrator
    Thanks for the feedback everyone! The Target pop-up should not be repeatedly happening, so we're trying to fix that now.

As for general formatting, if you don't mind sharing a screenshot of what you are seeing with issues, that would be super helpful. We've tested it on the devices we have, but that doesn't cover everything. Thank you!
    UPDATE: We made a change that we believe should resolve the Target pop up issue. If you are still seeing it after refreshing, please let me know. Thanks so much!
  • MelissaBMelissaB Posts: 1,685Member
  • nananana Posts: 827Member
    @Liz Cadman I'm attaching two screen shots from my monitor, they're from the Popsugar review. The first one is what I see when I open the page, and the second after I click down once. My monitor is 17"x10"

Basically the blog is now wider, in particular the right margin. On my screen it's 12.5" wide. The problem is that it's too wide for my field of vision. As you can see the graphics are now huge, actually the photo of the clock is taller than my whole screen. Maybe it's because I'm old, but the big graphics are really off putting, in a very physical way, they sort of give me a headache.

That said, I did realize that if I set my browser to look at the page at 90%, it works much better. Actually I think 85% would be ideal, but it doesn't give me that choice and 80% makes the text too small for me.
    pop1.jpg 185.5K
    pop.jpg 188.5K
  • SaizaSaiza Posts: 1,794Member
    I use Google Chrome and only got the Target pop up a couple times and haven't seen it since. My only complaint is you can't just click the logo at the top to get back to the main page. Like if you're reading a review, you have to scroll all the way back up to the top to get to the main page with the reviews.

We removed the target pop up for now until we have it working correctly. And we added the MSA logo to the fixed top navigation - @Saiza hopefully that fixes the issue you brought up.

Thanks as always for the feedback on improvements! :)
  • newmommy2015newmommy2015 Posts: 37Member
    I find the new version harder to read on my mobile. The banners at the top take up half of my screen now so I have a very limited area to actually see the reviews. The new version display is similar to the app display on my phone so I'd prefer the old version back if possible. If people prefer the new version they can always use the app.
    Thanks Liz and Chris. The target pop up is gone. I use internet explorer. :)
    I am on a laptop not mobile.

I find the new version harder to read on my mobile. The banners at the top take up half of my screen now so I have a very limited area to actually see the reviews. The new version display is similar to the app display on my phone so I'd prefer the old version back if possible. If people prefer the new version they can always use the app.

@newmommy2015 Could you share a screenshot? That would be a huge help. Thanks!
  • newmommy2015newmommy2015 Posts: 37Member
    I'm a little tech challenged so hopefully this works.
  • somanyboxessomanyboxes Posts: 2,008Member
    In safari (laptop version), the notifications drop down doesn't show anymore. Only a sliver of the drop-down shows (but can't see the text) - see narrow white bubble in image below. I see the notification (red) but even clicking on the person icon doesnt clear it.
  • NightshiftNightshift Posts: 1,784Member
    So, the irony is that I'm posting this in an an old thread (and not the right topic to boot, but I didn't feel this merited starting a whole new thread), BUT: I've noticed recently, that super old threads are getting revived suddenly, leading to confusion. For example, @olive1924 wig suggestion thread from last year, and the PopSugar CFDA thread which was revived 7 months after the last post. So, I had a proposal for @chris : Is there a way to make an alert show up after the last comment on the thread, similar to the alert on the swap site, "This thread hasn't been active in over a month" which would pop up as a banner after the last comment? I know I almost never look to see what date the last comment was posted and maybe this would clear up some confusion?