Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RAOK (Random Acts of Kindness)

PinkisthenewblakPinkisthenewblak Posts: 760
edited June 2015 in Free Stuff
I was wondering if anyone would be interested or if it was even OK to maybe list or start a RAOK (Random Acts of Kindness) for swap items? I have items that I don't want and would probably never be able to swap for.

Comments

• KathleenKathleen Posts: 414
    That's very thoughtful. You could do it here in this thread & people can send you private messages to work out details. Then you can edit your posts as availability changes. Others could do the same and add their items they'd like to RAOK. I like that idea.
  • That's a good idea! We can just list what we have and others can list what they have and send PM's.
  • @Christine hence your shark photo!! Jk
  • ChristineChristine Posts: 958
    I know someone who sent a big box of things to a newbie with a bad review. 2 swaps, 1 bad review, pretty sad. And she didn't have many listings....sad :/
  • holgadholgad Posts: 376
    Would anyone like my Thursday Friday "giftcard" received in the MSA Kloverbox, for free? I'm not going to use it and it expires today.
  • yvetuyyvetuy Posts: 47
    i have 3 sweet and spark gift cards. anyone wants them (please use them not try to swap them!)
  • monsemonse Posts: 1
    Anyone want an online Express PROMO code? --$75 off $200, $40 off $120, $30 off $100, or $15 off $30. Expires July 6
  • holgadholgad Posts: 376
    @yvetuy I'd love to have one if you still have any left! :smile:
  • yvetuyyvetuy Posts: 47
    sent you codes via private message @holgad and @Pinkisthenewblak
  • Thank you @yvetuy !
  • I am getting ready to move and I am trying to declutter. I have a lot of dry shampoo from sub boxes. I don't use it and I don't want to swap it because then I would be bringing more stuff into the house, which is kind of counter to the whole decluttering thing.

I am wondering, though, how I can ship that stuff? A lot of it is in pressurized canisters. If any of you who do regularly swap can let me know, I am happy to list the brands and sizes and send it off to someone.
  • MelissaHMelissaH Posts: 960
    @Sneaky_Burrito - It SHOULD go ground transport only via UPS or FedEx Ground. You can also use USPS First Class or Parcel Post which goes by truck. I know I have shipped a few items, like nail polish and sample size hair sprays, via USPS Priority Mail which often goes by air (via FedEx cargo planes). These small items are not likely to bring down a plane or cause a major fire. That said, NEVER, EVER ship large cans of paint UPS Express Mail. My Dad's company did that about 15 years ago, and one of the paint cans leaked. UPS nearly banned his company from ever shipping with them again and he had to pay a substantial fine!!
  • Sneaky_BurritoSneaky_Burrito Posts: 389
    edited July 2015
    MelissaH said:

@Sneaky_Burrito - It SHOULD go ground transport only via UPS or FedEx Ground. You can also use USPS First Class or Parcel Post which goes by truck. I know I have shipped a few items, like nail polish and sample size hair sprays, via USPS Priority Mail which often goes by air (via FedEx cargo planes). These small items are not likely to bring down a plane or cause a major fire. That said, NEVER, EVER ship large cans of paint UPS Express Mail. My Dad's company did that about 15 years ago, and one of the paint cans leaked. UPS nearly banned his company from ever shipping with them again and he had to pay a substantial fine!!

Thanks, I figured it was something like that. There is a UPS store that is close that I can hit on my lunch break. I will collect all my various dry-shampoo-related items and list them here tonight. First person to respond via PM (after I post the list) can have them. I do not care if that person uses them, sells them, gives them away, or lists them for swap.

Edit: Or I might wait for my Sample Society box to come and give away that one, too. Should be soon based on the fact that other people's are showing up.
  • doclaurendoclauren Posts: 140
    Oh, I love dry shampoo! I will watch this post like a hawk haha.
  • MichelleMichelle Posts: 136
    You could maybe donate it to a local shelter, if you don't want to deal with shipping? Or schools that deal with primarily low income families. Not sure if you live somewhere near any of those types of places. :)
  • Em1Em1 Posts: 987
    @Sneaky_Burrito I love dry shampoo as well, especially if you have Klorane!
    Dry Shampoo is a tough one for me. I have thick, oily, and coarse hair that tangles easily. I have used various dry shampoos that, while they do help with oil and odors, do nothing to make my hair a little easier to comb. Trying to comb out dry shampoo is painful and tends to break strands- especially if there is any product in my hair. I need something that softens as well as absorbs oil and removes odor.
  • Does anyone need that Vow to be Chic 125 dollar card ??
  • TacieTacie Posts: 1,008

Does anyone need that Vow to be Chic 125 dollar card ??

My goodness no. Anyone can have mine if they're going to use it. I think it expires in August, but all you have to do is have the dresses scheduled, meaning it could be for a future date beyond Aug.
  • Me too.
  • nananana Posts: 827
    Sneaky Burrito, if you don't want to donate them to a shelter I'd say send them to someone who is near you so that you know it's not going to go by air.

I personally love dry shampoo, but I have the sort of hair that needs to be washed daily. With the drought we're experiencing in California I feel too bad taking a shower every day, so dry shampoo is a great alternative.
    @nana - That's why I have been trying dry shampoos. I feel like such a jerk taking 2 showers a day- even short ones!
  • Sneaky_BurritoSneaky_Burrito Posts: 389
    edited July 2015
    Although the shelter idea is a good one, I have 11 days to moving day. I am trying to pack my condo, work a full-time job, and deal with a very sick dog, plus a bunch of cleaning at the new house (someone STAPLED shelf paper with a staple gun to all the kitchen cabinets and the basement is full of spiders and the backyard is a jungle), and I just don't have time to seek one out and contact someone about donations. I do have time to stop by a UPS store because I know where at least 3 of them are in areas where I'll be going anyway in the next week.

Anyway, haven't posted the list yet because I am waiting on the Allure Beauty Box since I know it will also contain a dry shampoo. I might as well get rid of that one, too.
  • chrischris Posts: 3,520

... I have 11 days to moving day. I am trying to pack my condo, work a full-time job, and deal with a very sick dog, plus a bunch of cleaning at the new house (someone STAPLED shelf paper with a staple gun to all the kitchen cabinets and the basement is full of spiders and the backyard is a jungle)...

Wow, you are busy! Good luck with your move!
  • sharondksharondk Posts: 1
    About Shipping Dry Shampoos....I just completed a swap where my end was 2 full size dry shampoos and 1 mini- USPS would not ship it and UPS charged $15.51. I had never shipped aerosols before so lesson learned. With this in mind, you may want to consider shelter donation instead.
  • catcat Posts: 1,930
    @sharondk good point, that and perfumes with alcohol in it, nail polishes can only be shipped by ground. Anything with alcohol or is flamible can not be shipped at all. When I ship nail polish, if I know forsure it will go by ground mail it's normally okay to ship. - I no longer list nail polishes, I give them as a part of Christmas gifts in stockings.