Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LipSense

HeatheryHeathery Posts: 1,302Member
Does anyone here use LipSense? I've recently been introduced by a friend and I AM HOOKED! 10 hours of breakfast, lunch, two cups of tea, bottled water, and constant talking at work and this stuff has not budged! It's expensive (to me) at $25 per lipstick and $20 for the glosses, but totally worth it! Also, it's cruelty-free. <3 I currently have two colors and one gloss. I NEED MOOOORRREEEE! :D Also, I like that you can sandwich a regular lipstick in between two layers of the LipSense to give your LipSense a slightly different color. That'll hold me over until I build my collection lol.

Note, I am not a seller, so this is not an advertisement lol.

Comments

• cmiller512cmiller512 Posts: 1,411Member
    I've haven't heard of them but that color looks awesome on you AND it lasts all day too?? I'm not a big lipstick wearer BUT that's definitely worth the price tag!!!
  • HeatheryHeathery Posts: 1,302Member
    @cmiller512 Thanks! And yeah, this is the first time I've ever had a product that REALLY lasted all day long, regardless of how many make that claim.
  • MiriamMiriam Posts: 1,337Member
    @Heathery That color does look awesome on you and I love your top! I'd be pretty impressed with a lip color that lasted that long but for that price I would have to LOVE the color and be able to see how it looked on. Maybe a sub box will include a sample *fingerscrossed*
    Miriam said:

Maybe a sub box will include a sample *fingerscrossed*

That would be my dream! lol Probably not since it's like a Mary Kay type thing (independent sellers), but that would be amazing!
  • MelissaBMelissaB Posts: 1,657Member
    Well, great, now I need this! It looks like you can also buy a corrector in case you mess up in your application, plus various glossy toppers. Added to my wish list!
  • lippytechluvlippytechluv Posts: 1Member
    I fell in love with it and then became a distributor! Let me know if I can supply your lipsense for you!
  • aggieaggie Posts: 113Member
    I use them! A friend of mine started selling and put up a video showing how it doesn't budge. I tried and am also hooked :) I have 3 colors abs a gloss. Totally worth it because I don't buy any other lipstick.
  • lalalalalala Posts: 885Member
    I have a coworker who sells it and got a bunch of coworkers hooked. Honestly, I don't want to have lipstick on all the time ;)
  • californiajanetcaliforniajanet Posts: 193Member
    edited June 8
    Unfortunately it didn't work well for me...got all crackly (even with the gloss) and didn't stay on like it was supposed to. But I know a number of people it works great for!
    @californiajanet A few of the colors don't work well for me too for the same reasons you listed, but then others work great. It's weird lol.
  • jamzillijamzilli Posts: 202Member
    I follow a vlog where one of the vloggers is a seller. It doesn't seem like something I want, but I've never tried it either -- I do get to see her wearing different shades all the time though!
  • dare2smiledare2smile Posts: 295Member
    I use berrisom's lip tint (the peelable one!) and beauty people's lip tattoo and they are waaaaay cheaper than $25 a tube! I'm definitely pro-color-staying-forever.

Is lipsense ever sheer? I have beauty marks on my lips, and I actually like when they show through.
  • JackiecupcakeJackiecupcake Posts: 498Member
    So, I was looking into this and read a few articles about this product that concerned me. Has anyone who's used it had burning on their lips?? Some people spoke about chemical burns, which sounds like a big steer clear for me.

Like, I want long lasting lipstick - but I also want to keep my face.
    @Jackiecupcake I have a few different shades. I wear LipSense maybe 3-4 times per week. I haven't ever experienced any burns, so I'm not sure.

@dare2smile Yes, it goes on sheer. To get it opaque, you need like 3 layers.
  • dare2smiledare2smile Posts: 295Member
    @Heathery Thanks! Maybe I'll try one out soon!
  • cindybear0320cindybear0320 Posts: 727Member
    edited June 12
    I am absolutely obsessed with lipsense and shadow sense (I do not sell it :))

It's amazing!!!!! It's my go to can't live without.

I did not get burning, or peeling and it lasts about 14 hrs
  • SKDSKD Posts: 112Member
    If we can suggest anyone I have a friend that sells it but not sure if it's against forum rules. If it's ok just let me know and I'll send her info.
  • JackiecupcakeJackiecupcake Posts: 498Member
    @SKD - I think this would fall under "Do not post referral or affiliate links. Do not post referral or affiliate coupon codes. (Do not post messages asking forum members to PM for referral/affiliate links)."
  • SKDSKD Posts: 112Member
    Well then; that answers that question. :smile: Sorry y'all. Thanks @Jackiecupcake!
  • cindybear0320cindybear0320 Posts: 727Member
    Few things I found that help me with my application and staying power were: 1) thin layers 2) make sure each layer is dried before next layer (I usually wait 30-60 secs) 3) cleaning my lips before application
  • Treat_ChoselfTreat_Choself Posts: 134Member
    edited June 13

I use berrisom's lip tint (the peelable one!) and beauty people's lip tattoo and they are waaaaay cheaper than $25 a tube! I'm definitely pro-color-staying-forever.

@dare2smile I've had so much trouble applying the berrisom - goes on gloppy and messy =( Any suggestions for me?
    @Treat_Choself Make sure you're shaking the tube each time before you apply it.
  • Randi2Randi2 Posts: 1,826Member
    I'm not a lipstick person - but I absolutely LOVE :love: That cat shirt @Heathery !! Where did you get it?
    @Randi2 It's actually a dress, and I got it from Goodwill (where 90% of my wardrobe comes from lol). It's the dress linked below. The brand is Faded Glory, so nothing fancy. It's actually a child-size dress. I have the XL size; I wear 4-6 in women's. Just including that info in case anything is thinking of buying it lol.

https://www.ebay.com/i/232300948726?chn=ps&dispItem=1
  • Randi2Randi2 Posts: 1,826Member
    @Heathery it is so cute! Thanks for the details!
    I'm on the busty side so I don't think it's fit me :(