Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Approving Comments on Blog Posts

vkbrownvkbrown Posts: 299Member
edited August 2016 in Reference
Hi All,

I have never started a thread, so forgive me if this is boring/already been handled, but I could not find the information when I search for it.

Is it typical to have all your comments on the reviews site not go up? I never use bad language in them (though Glossybox may make me want to), and I don't knowingly break any other rules of posting, but pretty much every comment I have made has never shown up. I have tried ~8-10 times, and I think one stuck. Most are gushy comments about loving this box or that box, so I can't imagine that they would have been flagged.

Thanks for any information you have on this. The forum is great!

Comments

• chrischris Posts: 3,570Member, Moderator
    @vkbrown, that is not typical. I read once that someone had a word or partial word in their name or email address that the system flagged as an issue and that prevented their comments from showing. I have no idea if that is the case for you. You can send me a PM with the email address you use on the blog for comments and MSA can check into this for you.

Also, do you use multiple email addresses when you comment there? Not sure if that could be related as well. The first post made by any email address must go through admin approval first on the blog to filter out spam.
  • vkbrownvkbrown Posts: 299Member
    Thanks @chris! Messaging you now. I only use one account, so that is definitely not it.
  • nelliebelle1197nelliebelle1197 Posts: 2,144Member
    I cannot post blog comments from my iPhone. I have no idea why. Neither my iPhone 6 or 6s.
    @nelliebelle1197, please send me a PM with the email address(es) you use on the blog for comments and MSA can check into this for you. Is this a new thing or has this always been the case? Thanks!
  • bonbonbonbon Posts: 313Member
    @chris this past week I have been receiving message alert emails from reviews I've followed months ago. I thought it was weird that all these these reviews from May were being commented on now. I clicked one and it is really dated from May and I'm getting alerted to it like its a new comment. I got like 19 of these old review comments just today. I hope I'm explaining this right!
  • vkbrownvkbrown Posts: 299Member
    @nelliebelle1197 I usually am on my cell! (iPhone 6). Perhaps that is why.
  • sarasara Posts: 2,470Member
    @chris, I have been experiencing both problems noted here! I have started getting very old comments on the blog posts this week sent to my email, and I also checked, there weren't new comments made. Also, about 4 months ago, I repeatedly had my comments blocked, some were made by my phone but some weren't. @Liz Cadman looked into it and couldn't figure out why. @vkbrown, now I just stick to commenting here!
  • wldflowur13wldflowur13 Posts: 485Member
    Just curious about if there's been any issue with forum comments being posted? I've tried to post on the August iso thread and it acts like my comments posted but then it isn't there @chris
  • TraciRheinTraciRhein Posts: 1,665Member
    Same issue here, lots of emails about old posts without anything new added to them...weird
  • mimiretzmimiretz Posts: 467Member
    I've also had tons of message posts from May and June showing up.
  • eodoeodo Posts: 6Member
    Yeah I thought it was so weird when all the messages from May and June showed up! Must have been a glitch in the system.
    @wldflowur13, I am not aware of any issues recently. Once in a while some comments get caught in the spam filter but there have only been a few lately.
  • ElmaElma Posts: 987Member
    I had this same problem the whole day today - had to type up the same comment few times before it would go through - weird
    @Elma, sometimes comments get cut off if you include an emoji not from the forum dropdown list.
    @chris - this was different; the whole post appeared for a sec kind of "highlighted" and it looked like it posted ... only when I refreshed/went back to that thread did I realize it was not there ... I thought it was "flagged" due to something I wrote (had no idea why/what but just thought it might be it). Everything appears to be working correctly now ... thanks :)
    @Elma, okay that is weird. Is the comment in your Drafts folder? There is nothing stuck in the spam queue now and I didn't see any of your comments there earlier either.
    @chris - did not know we had a drafts folder :) ... also - mystery solved: I just went through all my posts: I posted in the wrong thread (insert "I'm sorry for wasting your time; I'm embarrassed for not checking 1st" emoji)
    @Elma, no worries! :)
  • gretch0331gretch0331 Posts: 13Member
    I thought it was just me. I haven't had a comment of mine on the reviews post in a long time. I thought I was blocked from it or filtered for some reason. I still haven't seen a comment post yet in a couple months. It made me stop posting comments and feel a little jaded.
  • AngienharryAngienharry Posts: 1,196Member
    My comments also never post. Weird