Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Briogeo Don't Despair....too much for my fine hair?

Product sounds amazing, but I have super fine hair. I only condition one a week or so, if I do more it gets weighed down.

I am thinking this is going to the trade pile, but I figured I would ask you ladies first to avoid swapper's remorse! Thanks for any feedback.

Comments

• lisatratolisatrato Posts: 679Member
    I am the first to endorse this product. I absolutely love it, but i have very long thick, frizzy, curly hair. It weighs down my hair enough so it doesn't poof up so much, while also conditioning it and keeping the frizz to a minimum. For my hair, i don't have an option.. I have to condition every time i wash it! I am curious to know how others feel about the product too. This is one of those items that i would buy for myself, and was so happy to see it in a box. Only downside, is it doesn't last me very long! :D
  • VeraciousVerityVeraciousVerity Posts: 171Member
    I have baby fine hair that is also thin. I didn't care for this when I tried it. I can't recall if it weighed my hair down but I think it made it oiler/greasier faster and I didn't think that it really did much for my hair. I DO like the 'I'll make you look amazing' hair stuff. I notice a difference between when I don't use it and when I do and it doesn't weigh down my hair or make it oily.
  • jenn ljenn l Posts: 114Member
    I have very fine hair with something between a wave and curl to it. I use the repair but I only use a small pea size amount on my just above shoulder hair and never on the top of my head. It makes the top of my head over moisturized but on the rest it's magic. It gives my hair enough moisture to cross the line from waves to curls but doesn't weigh it down. I've been using the small sample from sephora once a week since I got it and there is plenty left so I'm sure the popsugar container will last forever! My sister, however, has fine very straight hair that gets greasy in a day cannot use it at all or she looks like a drowned rat. Her words lol. It might be worth going to sephora and asking for a sample (they will put some in a pot for you) instead of opening the huge jar and being disappointed.
  • strmama2strmama2 Posts: 676Member
    I have super fine and thin hair and even a super small amount was too much.
  • hildolhildol Posts: 764Member
    I have fine hair but a lot of it. i use a small amount on my ends only as a pre shampoo treatment before i get in the shower (like 10 to 20 min before) wash/condish as you normally would. works wonders and I never have split ends and I do color treat my hair. I dont recommend on the scalp as it can be too much. made that mistake with the hair mask that came in Box of Style a few boxes back. I also use on my daughter before she swims in the pool -small amount rubbed in my hands and through her hair before swimming and same pre shower pea size amount on her ends once a week.
  • LaurenWLaurenW Posts: 63Member
    Thank you all! I appreciate the comments. Sounds like no remorse if I swap!
  • boxjoyboxjoy Posts: 2,519Member
    Wow! Reading all of these comments about a "pea-sized" amount of product makes me realize what very different hair I have than others. Like @lisatrato I can't imagine not conditioning every time I wash and not with a pea-sized amount but with a palm full. I'm glad to hear that more will be up for swaps. I'll take it all and you guys can have all of my dry shampoo and texture/volume sprays.
  • RochelleRochelle Posts: 1,121Member
    edited September 2016
    @lisatrato @boxjoy I also have thick curly hair and have to condition/deep condition with a handful of product every shampoo. It's an expensive struggle!
    I'd like to try this too if anyine wants to swap for thickening, volumizing or texturizing hair products, I think I have a bunch of those unlisted in my swap pile.
    I also like the little blue sample jar deep conditioner that was in one of the boxes a while ago (fekkai I think) and would love more of that if anyone wants to swap theirs.
  • NightshiftNightshift Posts: 2,096Member
    I have thin (as in thin-ing) wavy/curly hair, but the strands themselves are a mix normal and thick/coarse strands. My hair gets very poofy and frizzy so it think this may work for me. I generally condition every hair wash and I don't find that my hair gets too oily afterwards
    Okay so i just used it. Yesterday I was working from home. I used a small amount (maybe a quarter?) and ran it through my dry hair (not scalp) and to the ends of my hair. Like two inches down from my scalp and to the ends and threw my hair back in a pony tail all day. My hair fully absorbed it completely. I slept in it (but again, it will fully absorbed in) and showered and washed it out today. I have had tons of compliments on my hair today. it is soooooooo soft and shiny. I have thin hair, a lot of it. It can get oily so I shampoo it daily or on day two use dry shampoo. This stuff is amazing when used this way. Ill be doing it a couple times a week. Amazing.
  • AnnAnn Posts: 1,932Member
  • MandieMandie Posts: 256Member
    @Ann Popsugar, ipsy, sephora, and a few others. Under popsugar it is "Don't Dispair"
  • lisadlisad Posts: 2,292Member
    I have not tried this yet but now I want too!
  • flingoflingo Posts: 1,003Member
    I have fine, thin hair and even the tiniest bit was wayyyyyy too much for me.
  • jennmjennm Posts: 370Member
    I haven't tried this yet but have it in the bathroom - excited as I have super thick hair on the dry side so hoping this is magic for me
  • finlidanfinlidan Posts: 1,668Member
    I have two of these but I have super fine, super thin hair and i don't even want to attempt to try this as I know it wont work. I really don't know WHAT to do with these things!
  • kscwgirlkscwgirl Posts: 517Member
    I have one if anyone wants it. I have fine hair and I don't even want to try it.
  • AdelineAdeline Posts: 295Member
    edited November 2016
    @kscwgirl I would love it. I sent a swap request, hopefully I will have you're interested in
    Post edited by Adeline on
    A tip on using it. Once a week when I'm home all day cleaning or whatever, I put in a quarter or more size amount -two inches away from my roots to my tips. I apply on dry hair. Leave on all day and wash that night out the following morning. (I have done both). Wash, condish and dry and wow, my hair is amazing for 2 days. I have fine hair, just a lot of it. I color my hair, blow dry it and sometimes curl it and with all this, my hair is really healthy, no split ends. Love this stuff. I apply to my daughters hair, same way in smaller amount and does wonders for tangles. I have also applied to her dry hair before swim lessons. It's worth a try!
  • KKHKKH Posts: 451Member
    It was an awesome conditioner/mask for my hair - but I ended up having an awful allergic reaction to it. I ended up going to the dermatologist and having to narrow down everything I was using to determine the culprit, and it was briogeo. It took prednisone to get rid of the rash that started from my ears down my chest. I'm not dissing this product, it's probably just me - my hair benefited but my body did not :(
  • couponistacouponista Posts: 1Member
    OMG! I have a rash on my ears and the back of my neck! I called my doctor and he asked me had I started using any new beauty products. I love what it does for my hair (I used the conditioner, defining creme and gel) but my body doesn't like it either.
    @KKH said:
    > It was an awesome conditioner/mask for my hair - but I ended up having an awful allergic reaction to it. I ended up going to the dermatologist and having to narrow down everything I was using to determine the culprit, and it was briogeo. It took prednisone to get rid of the rash that started from my ears down my chest. I'm not dissing this product, it's probably just me - my hair benefited but my body did not :(
  • LunaLuna Posts: 1,592Member
    I'm in the same camp as @lisatrato , @boxjoy , and @Rochelle . I have to use way more conditioner in my hair than shampoo. For me, I think for every bottle of shampoo I finish, I go through about 2.5 bottles of conditioners. I have to use conditioner by the handful each time, and I absolutely love the Briogio deep conditioner. A 1oz sample is the perfect amount for one use in my hair. The only thing I don't like about it is the smell. It smells kind of medicinal (for lack of a better word) to me, but it performs great in my hair so I give the smell a pass.