Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GWP!!! [GlobeIn, Julep, etc.]

cmiller512cmiller512 Posts: 1,424Member
edited October 2016 in General
WOW the GWP coming out today are AWESOME. The set from Globein is just calling out my name...SERIOUSLY!!! And now a free 12 pc julep polish set with a new sub. These boxes are getting smart and are totally trying to get ALL of my money this season!!!! Do I need new polish? NO Do I WANT more polish? OF COURSE!!! lol

Maybe we can keep track of all the awesome offerings here!!!
Post edited by chris on

Comments

• BestAuntEverBestAuntEver Posts: 1,420Member
    @cmiller512 WOW - 12 polishes!!?? That's awesome!
  • rachelnycrachelnyc Posts: 691Member
    Oooh that Julep gift is super tempting... I have spent almost $400 on an advent calendar and a Luxor mystery box in the last 12 hours, so I really need to slow down though :worried:

But speaking of GWPs, does anyone else follow the various GWP blogs (not for sub boxes, it's mostly for beauty GWPs)? I am kind of obsessed with checking them. One of my favorite GWPs is Ulta's "beauty break" which usually happens every Wednesday morning/afternoon (there's one on right now–with any $50 purchase you get a mini of Julep mascara, oxygen nail treatment, black gel liner & matte lip mousse...a cute set but the beauty breaks are often even better than this).
  • careybcareyb Posts: 911Member
    I just ordered the Julep deal, I couldn't turn down the freebies. I haven't used my first account in awhile so I used my new email address to get the deal.
  • dantesmomdantesmom Posts: 486Member
    @rachelnyc I'm a GWP girl myself- a little to much at times. Like buying items I like but don't need just to get the free gift. I love Xmas time because that's when everyone ramps up the free gifts. I overspent this week but really want the votives from Luxor but going to be strong because I don't need them in the least.
    I know there are websites for GWP deals but I had to stay away in fear of my paycheck. It's hard to justify purchasing more when I still have items in their box just sitting there making me feel guilty. Stay strong girl! You can do it!
  • PlaidGirlPlaidGirl Posts: 740Member
    @rachelnyc can you link me to one of these gwp blogs that you follow? It sounds really interesting and like the perfect new addiction for me! :)
    PM me for my swap profile. :)
  • cmiller512cmiller512 Posts: 1,424Member
    @dantesmom exactly!!! I fear that if I even attempt to look at a GWP site that I'll wind up buying things just because I'm totally enticed by the free gift (neither of which I probably need) lol This addiction is SO real!! hahahaha

But I'm pretty sure I'm going to sub to Globein now, I cant pass up this offer and PLUS I missed out on the super LLB savings so I think this is fair! lol
    @cmiller512 Globein is nice because you can always pick a different box if that month's one is not for you. The gift they are offering is great this time so glad you got it.
    I did manage to get LLB and Oui Please annuals with the great deals they offered. I mistakenly thought having those would slow me down but find my faulty logic telling me they're already paid for so why can't I get some more subs.

My problem is bigger than just subs as I love shopping on Amazon and the stores around here. I'm finding out more and more I enjoy the searching and purchasing a lot more than the items themselves. I'm by no means wealthy and have to work hard to earn a dollar so why am I spending like that for items I don't need? I should save my money and use it for therapy! Side note I'm not in debt and so far have kept up with purchases but really should be saving more and spending less on just principle alone. I'm so glad for the forum because I can see how others deal with the addiction and what works well for them.

• DebraDebra Posts: 604Member
    How does Julep Maven box work exactly....do I have to choose nail polish colors? I know they have other products, but what would I be allowed to choose for the sub? I don't paint my own nails very often, but I really could use some nail strengthening products, do they offer those in the sub box?

Thanks for the answers!!
  • kscwgirlkscwgirl Posts: 517Member
    @Debra Julep has all kinds of things you can sub out. eyeshadow, eye liner, face masks, hand cream, top coats, base coats, etc. You can do months with no nail polish at all. :)
    Thanks so much @Natlovesmelody for that post as it gives me hope. I have done some decluttering but not really keeping up with what comes in yet. I really need to get that book soon as my apartment is not large enough to hoard things. I did stop buying so many clothes when I realized half the things in my closet still had the tags on them and I only wear real clothes on my off days so have no need for so much stuff. I hate to admit it but I'm just going to have to stop visiting certain websites and brick and mortar stores to keep my spending sprees down.
  • hKChKC Posts: 1,104Member
    edited October 2016
    @dantesmom - I have the book and will mail it out to you!!! :)
  • LunaLuna Posts: 1,167Member
    @rachelnyc I also read a couple of different GWP/beauty deal blogs. Those are SO dangerous, but just like MSA, I can't help myself but check them all out multiple times per day (even though those blogs usually only get updated once per day).

Thanks for the tip on the timing of Ulta's beauty breaks! I always felt they were somewhat random, but at the same time they feel like they come out frequently. Last week I took advantage of the $60 skincare beauty break. My purchase just happened to be cents over $75 so I added on the 4-piece Philosophy beauty break, and the 14-piece(?... could have been more) GWP bag, and I was able to add on a tarte mini mascara, IT cosmetics deluxe moisturizer, and one more free item (Lancôme Genifique serum?) as they were all free gifts with any purchase. Between Ulta's tiered point system (which doesn't seem to max out), all of their freebies, and occasional coupons Ulta is my go-to place for most of my beauty purchases. I love their beauty steal events too! Such good deals. :)
  • chrischris Posts: 3,634Member, Moderator

WOW the GWP coming out today are AWESOME. The set from Globein is just calling out my name...SERIOUSLY!!! And now a free 12 pc julep polish set with a new sub.

I was thinking the same about both of these offers! So amazing and I love both of these subscription boxes.
    @hKC thank you thank you for the book!! Don't forget to use media mail as I'm sure it's heavy. You're a luv and I really appreciate getting to know you better.
  • MollyMolly Posts: 208Member
    I'm so tempted by GlobeIn because I LOVE my tall mugs and am coveting that serving plate, but I definitely don't need two more mugs... right?
  • MelissaBMelissaB Posts: 1,685Member
    @rachelnyc Like @PlaidGirl I would also like to know a couple GWP blogs to follow. Thank you!
  • PinkDotPinkDot Posts: 144Member
    @Luna I see your name frequently in the comments on MSA, and I know you're really good at sussing out deals.
    But to understand, you got all that extra stuff with one purchase of $75 at Ulta? 4 piece Philosophy beauty break, and the 14-piece GWP bag, a tarte mini mascara, IT cosmetics deluxe moisturizer, and one more free item (Lancôme Genifique serum?) as they were all free gifts with any purchase.
    That's too much! There's an Ulta store 15 minutes away, and maybe I should spend more time there. Or maybe all the extras you got are only online?
    And I, too, would like to at least check out a couple of the GWP sites.
    PinkDot said:

Or maybe all the extras you got are only online?

@PinkDot That's correct! Sorry, I should have mentioned that part. The in store deals are okay too, but you risk them being out of stock. Plus, most GWP bags are online only. My luck has been 50/50 with them offering me a replacement gift in-store. But the online deals are pretty awesome! I also forgot to mention that they also do frequent multiple points deals... most times on specific brands, but sometimes on a full purchase. In the Summer they had a 10x points deal for Platinum members. That was pretty awesome, because for every $100 you spent, you'd get 1,000 points which is the equivalent of $50 to use toward whatever you want (no exclusions!)... so basically, you were getting your purchase for half off! I didn't realize that at the time, so I 'only' spent $100 which is my budget for deals like these, but if I would have known I may have spent a little more. With Ulta, if you strategize your purchases right you can get a TON of free stuff, and if you're really lucky you can use a coupon too!
    @chris YES!!!I'm so excited! I've been wanting to try Globein and this was JUST the push that I needed!
  • chrischris Posts: 3,634Member, Moderator
    @cmiller512, yay! Hope you love it!
  • SaizaSaiza Posts: 1,794Member
    @Molly I'm with you! I subbed a while back when the mugs were the GWP, now I'm contemplating a 2nd Globein sub just so I can get two more mugs and a serving dish. lol
  • CaseyDog44CaseyDog44 Posts: 899Member
    @Luna next time there is a really good one, post & help walk us through so we can learn! I'm a sucker for that sort of stuff. Like Gymbucks from Gymboree when my girls were smaller. I could maximize the heck out of it.
  • flingoflingo Posts: 1,003Member
    I was so tempted when I saw the gwp from Julep, but I'm not sure I'd use a single one of those colors. They're super pretty, I'm just picky with polishes. Hmmmm.....
  • MelissaBMelissaB Posts: 1,685Member
    If you are an Ultamate rewards member, you've probably given Ulta your email address. If not, sign up for their emails. Then you won't miss their deals. The hard thing, though, is that they often don't give much notice for their 4 hour only beauty deals.
  • nelliebelle1197nelliebelle1197 Posts: 2,178Member
    I am really annoyed with all the GlobeIn GWPs. I subbed when they didn't do such deals. The price has gone up significantly and I am going to tell them they won't get my annual $$ again if they don't let me take advantage of a GWP.

I am sorta annoyed that these boxes only do premiums for new subbers. I really loyalty deserves at least a nice note and occasional shop coupon from the boxes.
    @CaseyDog44 Will do!!! I always love sharing deals with others who appreciate this stuff as much as I do. :smile: I agree with @MelissaB regarding the 4 hour beauty steals.... they give very short notice (I think the time starts when the email is sent?), and since I check my personal emails sporadically throughout the day, sometimes I'll miss them or just barely have enough time to get it.

I was actually super excited when @cmiller512 started this thread, as this is a really good outlet for us to share all of the deals that come around. I'll try hard to remember to post about any GWP bags (even those not from Ulta) that I come across to this thread. :blush:

I wish there was something MSA would implement on the blog where readers could post announcements of new boxes, kits, changes to box terms, etc. I know the proper way to go about doing it is to email Liz, but I remember reading how a lot of people's emails can get overlooked (as I'm sure she's inundated with emails on a daily basis). So, I've just been posting off-topic comments about stuff in un-related posts. Sometimes they get picked up and posted by Liz, but other times not (which I'm totally okay with because I know it's her blog and she can pick & choose what to post), and sometimes with those ones that don't get posted, I'll get replies from other readers thanking me for my comment, and as a result they signed up for that box. That just makes me think there could be so many others that might be interested if they knew about new stuff that's out there.