Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LV Kiki sub box

HappyCatHappyCat Posts: 901Member
Does anyone get this box? Have you been happy with it?

Has anyone seen what's in the mini mystery box?

There is a discount that would make each box $12.00 each signing up for a year. It's very tempting because I would be over the moon to get a new scarf a month and think the other items would swap easy.

Comments

• flingoflingo Posts: 986Member
    I just signed up because I have swapped for a bunch of stuff and the quality is SO much better than the prices would indicate! I mean, none of the stuff is going to be an heirloom piece or anything, but it's adorable, well-made, and dirt cheap. :) I feel like it's one of the most underrated boxes out there.
  • cmiller512cmiller512 Posts: 1,198Member
    I've never heard of this. Is it an accessories box?
  • HappyCatHappyCat Posts: 901Member
    @flingo have you tried the mini mystery box?
    @HappyCat I've never gotten a mini mystery box, but I recently swapped for some LV Kiki items from @lovelifeparties - maybe she's gotten it and/or has a better idea of what to expect from it? :)
    edited December 2016
    @flingo I don't use earrings so I'm always hopping to not get a box full. The value of the mini is $30.00 while the regular is 45.00 so imagine it would have at least one scarf. Do you know how long it's been around? I'm a little worry about ordering a year if they haven't been around long.

@cmiller512 yes it is. If you look at the swap site you can get an idea of some of the items.
  • Randi2Randi2 Posts: 1,277Member
    I've never heard of this box... but the stuff looks really cute!
  • lotusflower13lotusflower13 Posts: 798Member
    @HappyCat I actually never heard of this box and just signed up for peaches and petals. I just checked this box out and I'm wondering if I should've went with this one instead.

Anyone have a comparison of which one they prefer over the two?
  • nelliebelle1197nelliebelle1197 Posts: 1,803Member
    @lotusflower13 Peaches & Petals is pretty bad sometimes. I canceled after the first 3 or 4 boxes - the price increase from $15 to $20 was the last straw. The company is part of 13deals.com- they buy old wholesale lots and lots of cheap stuff from China off sites like Ali Express and resell at what looks like big discounts. P&P's second box had an ancient Smashbox eyeshadow - like 5 years old. And a recent box had an exact copy/knockoff of a $60 Dogeared necklace that sold for like a $1 on Ali Express. I would cancel and do something else. I have never subbed to LV, and it doesn't look super lux, but it definitely looks better. I'd give P&P a month and if you are not happy, switch.
  • lotusflower13lotusflower13 Posts: 798Member
    @nelliebelle1197 thank you for letting me know. I only tried them because I did like ( for the most part) what they had in the December box, but it's not an absolute must have for me and may either way cancel because I'm getting too many subs now and it's getting out of hand.
  • lovelifepartieslovelifeparties Posts: 503Member
    Yay, we're finally talking about LV Kiki!!!!!??

I've been a sub addict since June, 2016. LVK was the FIRST box I chose, and one of the only I have not cancelled, switched, paused or even considered dropping. I will not. They had a black Friday sale, and I bought a year, upfront, no hesitation. (For reference, as of today; LVK, Popsugar, Ipsy, Play, Beautyfix, BOTM, Graze, DollarShave, BB5, Notoriously Morbid, Globe In Club, Allure, FCS and sometimes Boxycharm). Now all my secrets are out.

They set the standard in CS and Delivery time, every month, I feel like I am their most important customer. Charged on the first, my box is on my porch 3-5 days later.

I have bought several mystery boxes, I like them just fine but would suggest you try one of the customer favorites or just buy one monthly box for a more realistic view of what to expect, they are a better value.

Value is the word here. Yes, I think Peaches & Petals are comparable. I've watched reviews and swapped a few items, I do not subscribe. These items are not high end or luxe by any means. What you get are several low priced items to fill out your wardrobe or push your style boundaries. Typically hats, scarves, shoes and jewelry. (I've accumulated about 10 scarves from sub boxes the past 6 months, the inexpensive acrylic black and white triangle ($14) is the one I reach for, almost everytime. It's warm, the shape is right, it matches everything and feels nice on my skin.)

The downside however, is the RV. If you get a pair of earrings you do not want, trading them is quite difficult. You will have to create a listing, use your own picture and estimate your own value, which will be very low. No one recognizes the name, so there is almost no interest. The same thinking applies to resale platforms like ebay or Poshmark, no brand recognition. Essentially... you are stuck with the earrings, unless you gift them, offer them as an extra in a swap or donate them to your favorite charity. Upside... you got so many other items in your box that month, you could care less if the earrings were a miss.

Thanks for listening to my LVK rant, I'm a big fan!

I think i may need to try them out. I love jewelery and accessories so i think this is right up my alley and definitely affordable (considering my new 2017 budget) @lovelifeparties and if I subscribe, I'll ALWAYS be down to swap ;) maybe if we ALL subscribe, then swapping would be super easy.
    @cmiller512 Message me your address? I have a few things leftover from the black friday sale I didn't use as gifts, I'll forward them to you. Give you a better idea if LVK is for you. :)
    Wow seriously? OMG, thank you!!! @lovelifeparties
    @lovelifeparties What came in the mystery boxes? I'm thinking of getting both, just because.
    @HappyCat I've gotten the mystery boxes a few times and it is typically 3 pieces of jewelry.

I recommended the whole box, because you get the jewelry AND other wearables, much more value.

If you look at the accesories page on their website, those items are often 'mystery box' items.
    @lovelifeparties Thanks for the info. Do you know how long they have been around?
    @HappyCat I did not. I've been with them since June, 2016. Some of the reviews are spring, 2016, I'm guessing a year?

I didn't hesitate to buy a year sub, my experience with CS has been delightful.
  • michellemccmichellemcc Posts: 626Member
    I have two hats i wear often that I received from @lovelifeparties They are super cute and I often receive compliments regarding them.
    Love you @lovelifeparties !!!
    Awwwwwww @michellemcc !!!
  • nancytnancyt Posts: 508Member
    @michellemcc I have a hat on my swap site from LVK, but I think my head is too large for it!!
  • michellemccmichellemcc Posts: 626Member
    edited January 2
    I am going to check it out! @nancyt
    Swap request sent!
    @nancyt How did you like the sweater in the box showing in the picture with the hat?
  • nancytnancyt Posts: 508Member
    @HappyCat I absolutely Love the Sweater/Scarf and have worn it a few times, Thanks for asking.
    @HappyCat and @cmiller512 I got my box from LVK today, (Jan 5th). Thought I share the pics.

The necklace is bold and really outside my usual comfort zone, but I'm going to wear it to dinner tonight with my parents, I think it's going to look pretty great. That's what I love about these boxes.... they make me try new things :)

The socks are really great quality and I put them on right away. The gloves are thick and fluffy. I think they will work if I use my phone too.

The head band is a pass for me, I'll use it as an extra in a swap.

I found this box to be a little lighter than usual, meaning not as many pieces, however the necklace is a higher quality than I feel they normally send. In fact, I think the whole box was.

Hope this helps your decision :)
    OMG, That looks like an AWESOME box. I'm really upset that I hadnt heard about this sub earlier because it looks like its right up my alley!!! @lovelifeparties Thanks so much for sharing the pics. I'm pretty sure I NEED to hunt down a pair of those socks, they look great!!
    Ooooh fun box! My tracking says it was delivered today but the mailman definitely hasn't been here yet....hoping it shows up in an hour or two, my feet are cold! :D
    @lovelifeparties Thank you so much for posting that.
    @flingo curious to see if your items are the same. Either way, sorry for the spoiler!
    @lovelifeparties @flingo was this the January or Dec box? And does everyone usually get the same items each month or does it vary? Sorry for all of the questions! lol