Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Luxe Pineapple Home SPOILER #2

Comments

• BestAuntEverBestAuntEver Posts: 1,153Member
    @TraciRhein I just got that email too and not sure how I feel about that.

I'm not familiar with Demeter so I checked out their website and the fragrances are apparently sold at many Walgreens in the states?
  • SaizaSaiza Posts: 1,676Member
    I'm very excited about the spoiler, I love Demeter fragrances, I have high hopes for their diffusers. The one I swapped for from Sugarbash and the one from FFF, neither one put out any kind of scent. The best one was from PS long ago. I've never seen Demeter at Walgreens, I'd love it if they did sell it there!
  • SarahFrancesSarahFrances Posts: 479Member
    I saw Demeter at a Walgreens in Vegas, but that's the only one I've ever seen it at. I really really like Demeter fragrances. Wet Garden is my go-to spring "I want to smell nice but not overpowering" scent, and I like Gin and Tonic in the summer. None of their stuff seems to last any amount of time on me, though, so that makes me wonder how much throw the diffuser will have.
  • TraciRheinTraciRhein Posts: 1,618Member
    Lol....I never even thought about the spoiler, I just saw it and posted it. I'm someone that prefers candles over diffusers. They probably are at Walgreens but I dont mind that, they're still a smaller company that doesnt have the resources for luxe items yet and the home box is less than $30 so I'm good at that price range.
    I love Liz at Luxe Pineapple and even when the items aren't to my liking I can appreciate the curation :) At first glance I wasn't all that jazzed with the first home box but over time I have liked it more and more and used a lot of the items.
  • BestAuntEverBestAuntEver Posts: 1,153Member
    @Saiza @SarahFrances I appreciate you sharing your experiences with Demeter. It might just be something I end up loving! I rarely step foot into a drugstore so I was unaware of their popularity.

I am a little iffy on diffusers, in general, a la @TraciRhein . But, maybe I need to expand my horizons, so to speak, lol.
  • mycatbuttersmycatbutters Posts: 544Member
    I'm stoked to another diffuser. I can't burn candles in my office so these help. I just opened the one from PSLE and spilled some of the oil on my desk though so I'm a little on overload this morning. I'm guessing some coasters from Rifle paper co?
  • Jenny1973Jenny1973 Posts: 488Member
    For the price paid, this is shaping up to be a great box. Love diffusers, Rifle Paper Co and the silk pillowcase. I am using all items from last box, I was not for sure about everything at first but all is being used.
  • reganb1reganb1 Posts: 899Member
    I love diffusers and candles. I view diffusers as a long term safer option - I tend to put them inside my closet or the bathroom just to always keep the scent fresh but not have to worry about fire :p
  • CiCiCiCi Posts: 469Member
    Demeter diffusers are really hit or miss for me. Some of the scents are strong and long lasting and others I can't smell at all (my winter ones in these categories are frankincense and candy cane truffle.) But I love the unique choices in scents- I have their flowering tonka room spray in my bathroom and my secret love is their play doh fragrance. So I'm a fan of Demeter in the whole, but some products are most definitely better than others.
  • BoerboelmomBoerboelmom Posts: 788Member
    I am excited about this spoiler! I will definitely use a diffuser in my small bathroom. It looks like it will be another good box, and I agree @TraciRhein Liz seems really nice.
    @Boerboelmom I have had numerous interactions with Liz and she is a doll. She tries so hard to make sure you are satisfied and taken care of.
  • nelliebelle1197nelliebelle1197 Posts: 1,934Member
    @TraciRhein good reminder that this is only $28. I was a little meh on this but you are right- this is not a $250 Luxor box or even a $60 FFF!
  • DianeERDianeER Posts: 866Member
    Right, in my mind for $28 I'm already getting my money's worth. Anything else in there is just gravy.
  • inf1niteinf1nite Posts: 47Member
    Ugh, am I using these diffusers wrong or something? I have one from PSMH, literally YEARS ago (I think 2013 based on the apartment I lived in when I received it). It has been sitting on my mantel since I received it and it's still going strong. There's tons of oil left, even though I put all the reeds in. That thing has outlasted multiple boyfriends... It's like reed diffuser Hannukah, if Hannukah was years instead of days.

What on earth am I going to do with yet another one!? (I also got the PSMH Holiday for Her box so already have one waiting in the wings...and that one is seasonal so who knows how long it will last...)
    If I can smell this diffuser I consider it a win! I have the PS diffuser in a small bathroom and I have never once been able to smell it and this is a guest bathroom that never gets used. No amount of money was worth that one :p
  • boxjoyboxjoy Posts: 1,796Member
    The PSMH one is so weak but the Nest Passion one I had was so incredibly strong that I couldn't handle it and ROAKed it. the one I had prior to those was a $6 from TJ Maxx that lasted a year before I finally tossed it, but it would have probably lasted another few months. I have another Nest one waiting to be used (this time I will only pour a tiny bit in to avoid the kick in the face the other one provided) so unless I LOVE this scent both of mine will be up to swap.
  • flingoflingo Posts: 991Member
    Ohmygosh, the Nest Passion diffuser is my LIIIIIIIIIFE - we sleep with the bedroom door closed, and it was developing a bit of an....how do I put this....Eau De Canine. It now smells like humans are in charge. Maybe even grown-up humans. I got it on CRAZY sale from the People shop and am absolutely kicking myself for not grabbing more when I had the chance.
  • KelliKelli Posts: 20Member
    Hi - I didn't sign up for the December special and now want the box (isn't that way it always goes....). Does anybody know of any discount codes. Thanks.
  • kylajaclynkylajaclyn Posts: 2,984Member
    I am too stupid for diffusers, so mine will be up for swap :)
    PSMH has actually sent a total of 3 diffusers now I think. The first they sent was the Barr brand and that thing is still going strong in my house and smells amazing. The green market one they sent next was all gone in like a month and I did not get this new on in the LE though i have tried to swap for one. I swapped for the lavender FFF one and not only did it not smell like lavender it was also gone super quick so we will see what happens with this one but I agree this box already looks great to me!
    @reganb1 The one I was referencing was the most recent holiday one. Don't bother swapping for it unless you want exactly 4 square feet of your house to smell like a box of thin mints was just opened. Maybe I'll move mine in front of a heat vent and see if I can get the scent to travel a bit further.
    Thanks for the heads up @boxjoy! Especially since I am not a thin mints fan!
    @reganb1 Glad I could help.

I put my diffuser in front of the heat vent and it was promptly knocked over by my dog. Now I can finally smell it. Glad I have hardwood floors and not carpet :)
  • Emma227Emma227 Posts: 77Member
    I'm very excited about this box. I've always just used candles to diffuse 'homely' smells, always wanted to purchase a diffuser, but for some reason I feel safer with an open flame than with oils that might spill... and silk pillow! Yes please!
  • PamPam Posts: 1,734Member
    I love the idea of diffusers but I am allergic to candles and scents in the air like diffusers. So far not as excited about this second box but I am loving my blanket from the first box and still love the price of this box
  • Jenny1973Jenny1973 Posts: 488Member
    This maybe a box I keep of they continue with codes. I still have not used my diffuser from the PSMH box, finishing up a couple of candles but those are becoming strong. You would think I would be immune to them after working at bath and body works for holiday for so many years.
  • shakirashakira Posts: 43Member
    I like the spoilers, especially now that I've had my expectations set based on the first box. I had to lookup the thunderstorm scent and my expectations are low, because I know the smell of rain, but that doesn't mean I like it... But for the price point, I'm happy. Glad to know I wasn't the only one that found the diffuser in PS to be lacking in scent and staying power.
  • KristyKristy Posts: 1,451Member
    There's a 40% off sale right now on the box and the Pineapple Store!
  • SaizaSaiza Posts: 1,676Member
    I'm contemplating getting a 2nd Feburary home box after the coupon code and points, it'd hypothetically be like $20
  • KristyKristy Posts: 1,451Member
    I got a second one just for matching pillowcases @Saiza :wink: