Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I Tried It, I Didn't Like It, Want to Swap for It?

LeahLeah Posts: 3,082Member
edited March 28 in Swaps
I have a bunch of products I've tried a few times and didn't like. I figured I'll list them here and if you don't mind using something used, then please, let me know and we can try to work out a swap. Let's try to keep this to products that can be sanitized, either powders that can be sprayed with alcohol or products that have a tip that can be shaved off, or sprays. I have the Beauty Counter cleansing balm in my shower, but as a cream/ointment consistency, I don't think you want it :)

Here's what I got and my brutally honest thoughts:

1. Caudalie Beauty Elixir: Sprayed on my face once. Hated the smell, couldn't breathe, it choked me, I hated it. You want it?

2. Bio-Oil: Used for a few weeks, but it looks practically full. It didn't do anything for my purposes, but it might work for yours. Also, I hate oils.

3. Ilia Illuminator in Polka Dots & Moonbeams: Beautiful glow, but dry. I had a hard time applying this. Used twice.

4. Breathe Deeply Spritz: Used about an inch of this. It just does nothing for me. I'll use it up eventually, but I haven't sprayed it in six months probably. It's just sitting there on my dresser.

This is all I can think of off the top of my head. There's probably more.

Post edited by Leah on

Comments

• Maureen_BMaureen_B Posts: 284Member
    I have two of the adidas bras, from spring and summer, size small....worn a few times that I don't feel like actually listing for swap but they're totally up for grabs, just finally admitting they don't fit me!
  • HillaryHillary Posts: 190Member
    Great idea for a post! I'd like to try the Caudalie spray and will send you a swap request :)
  • HappyCatHappyCat Posts: 1,097Member
    @Leah I'm interested in the Breathe Deeply Spritz that from the popsugar box right? I have stuff on your follows list will message you.

This post is a good idea.

• CiCiCiCi Posts: 551Member
    I would love the bras @Maureen_B! They are my stepdaughter's absolute favorite. I would be happy to trade!
  • JodiAnneJodiAnne Posts: 1,628Member
    edited January 13
    I have the ouai spray for hair... heard great things about it.. sprayed it once... and realized it smells like roses which triggers a major migraine... any takers?
  • belliumbellium Posts: 710Member
    @JodiAnne me! i love the stuff!
  • HillaryHillary Posts: 190Member
    Just listed the following:

Aerin Kaleidolight Palette - wanted to love it b/c it is stunning...tried twice, doesn't work on my skin tone :(

Borghese Color Struck lipstick in "Dare" - again, wanted to love it, tried it twice...doesn't work for me.

Maybe this thread will help some great items find new homes where they can be enjoyed!
  • LeahLeah Posts: 3,082Member
    I've been gone for an hour and have 11 notifications. I guess this thread was a good idea :) Now to read everything....

Btw, I thought of another item I used three times and don't like, but I swapped for it so I'm hesitant to mention it here.
  • chefkristinchefkristin Posts: 1,503Member
    @leah if the product is a Sunday Riley I call dibs
    @chefkristin Nope :) I didn't try my Sunday Riley yet. It's a nail polish and it's all streaky. I tried it three times and I just can't get it to work. I don't think a nail polish can be sanitized (although oddly, we all share nail polish at the salon!), and I think I'm just going to throw it out. It's a shame, but how many chances should I give it?
  • Tanya3Tanya3 Posts: 1,067Member
    dont swap a used nail polish @Leah .... that needs to be pitched
  • JennGJennG Posts: 2,386Member
    @leah I'm interested in the bio oil!
    @Tanya3 I know. It's bothersome but whatever. I can probably try a base coat and....I don't know, but I'm kind of mad at it for being bad and don't want to bother anymore, even though that feels wasteful.
  • HappyCatHappyCat Posts: 1,097Member
    I have NUXE I am Prodigious Huile Prodigieuse OR Exclusive Edition This has an expiration date of 12/16 so I sprayed it to insure it was still good. It needs to get used up. This glass so it will likely be priority shipping.

I have some Korean Beauty items that I've tried and didn't love.

Also some Julip Korean products I didn't love.
  • prettycatprettycat Posts: 584Member
    @HappyCat hi i am interested in the oils. Love that stuff !
  • ankareedaankareeda Posts: 468Member
    @Maureen_B I would also like to swap for the bras!
  • birdertonbirderton Posts: 319Member
    @HappyCat I may be interested in the K beauty stuff depending on the items
    Can I get in any sort of trouble if someone gets a used product from me and ends up getting an infection or breaks out or something?
    Is there a market for used perfume minis? I have a bunch that I've tried once or twice. At one point (last year) I collected a bunch, thinking they would look pretty displayed, but now with the influx of pretty chtatckes from other sources, I've moved beyond perfume minis.
  • chefkristinchefkristin Posts: 1,503Member
    @leah pm me what perfume you have.
    @chefkristin Okay, probably not tonight. I'm wasting way too much time on going through my stash :)
  • flingoflingo Posts: 1,003Member
    edited January 23
    Good thread idea - I don't like listing used stuff without a forum swap/roak lined up for it first. I always worry that if I have a bunch of used stuff listed, people will wonder about my new stuff.

Personally, I'm only comfortable swapping (for or away) used cosmetics that come in a spray bottle or squeeze tube. Anything where the product or applicator has been touched sort of gives me the heebies - if it has to be "sanitized", I'm out. But that's just me. ;)

I have...

Julep Night Shift Deep Sleep Facial Mask (original RV $34)

Used this 3 times. This one makes me sad because I loooooved it the first 2 times. Made my skin feel like a baby's butt. The 3rd time, I broke out in immediate hives. :# Obviously, I'm allergic to something in there, so while I’m tempted to try it just oneeeee more time, it's probably time for me to move on to the next one. It’s a huge bottle (not a jar/nothing has been touched) with almost all the product left.

Julep Boost Your Radiance Reparative Rosehip Seed Facial Oil (Original RV $36)

From this month's maven box. I used 3 drops last night - I have no complaints except that I already have way more facial oil than I can reasonably use in this lifetime. It comes with a dropper, so the amount gone is negligible and only the handle on the dropper has been touched.

If anyone is interested in either of the above, I'd be happy to list - and I will obviously swap for less than RV!

claimed :)
    Post edited by flingo on
  • Jennifer3141Jennifer3141 Posts: 2,462Member
    edited January 13
    /
    Post edited by Jennifer3141 on
  • MariaNGMariaNG Posts: 1,420Member
    @Jennifer3141 ...from now on, bringing my own polish for a pedicure or manicure! I never even thought twice about it before.
  • flingoflingo Posts: 1,003Member
    edited January 13
    I wouldn't swap for a used nail polish (I also pass by the "new" ones that have been "swatched"), but I fully look the other way at the nail salon. I can't explain my hypocrisy on this one. ;)
  • Jennifer3141Jennifer3141 Posts: 2,462Member
    @MariaNG That's a good idea. The real danger in nail salons comes from the foot baths. They are a wonderful experience, but they're basically Petri dishes.