Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ipsy Feb 2017

entwashianentwashian Posts: 811Member
edited February 6 in Ipsy
Reveals are up! Whadya get? Love it/hate it/meh?

I got Trust Fund polish (requested this, yay!), Luxie blush brush (of the hero items, I was most hoping for this, double yay!), Elizabeth Mott Matte bronzer (...also got bronzer last month, but I guess I will use this eventually, so... yay?), Mor rose hand cream (a miss for me since I dislike rose scents, but I do like hand cream, so I can't be mad about it), and Winky Lux powder in medium (this is the one that has me confused, since my profile is set to the lightest possible skin tone...and Ipsy has sent this in the light shade before. So why not give me one I can actually use??? Odd.)

Comments

• entwashianentwashian Posts: 811Member
    Also I'm looking at the complete list of products, & I'm jeaaaaalous of the (probably only a handful of lucky) people who got the Indie Lee cleanser.
  • CheyChey Posts: 322Member
    Meh.
    The bag itself I really don't like (Denim, in February?)
    Luxie blush brush, super excited about this!
    IBY Highlighter in Bubbly, I'll try it!
    Elizabeth Mott bronzer- my bronzer is on pan so I'm okay with this, plus it's a new product! I just hope it isn't too dark for me
    Biobelle Sheet Masks, I love a good sheet mask but this is the third month in a row I'm getting them and would love to try something else
    NYX Butter lipstick- This is the one thing that I am really unhappy about that is dragging the whole bag down for me, they could have given me anything else and I would have been happy. NYX products just don't agree with my skin for some reason, I have gotten 2 or 3 at this point from Ipsy and always review them poorly but they just keep sending them! I might try it if it's the berry color but it'll probably go up for swap.
  • TraciRheinTraciRhein Posts: 1,614Member
    Its funny, I usually check out my reveal with disappointment but usually when I hit "see all products" I realize that for the most part I like my picks the best and then I like my bag lol
  • CheyChey Posts: 322Member
    @TraciRhein Agreed, sometimes there a few products I would have preferred but not many. I'm opted out of mascara, eyeliner, and hair stuff so it helps me like my bags so much more. It seems like this month there aren't as many products as usual but a lot of the products are from higher end brands.

I will be heavily ISO those SOO AE sheet masks this month though if anyone wants to swap them!
    @TraciRhein That's kinda nice, I think. All hail The Algorithm!
  • TraciRheinTraciRhein Posts: 1,614Member
    Maybe it doubly helped this time because I wasn't all that jazzed up about any of the products this month :p
  • KristyKristy Posts: 1,440Member
    Not excited for lipstick, but the rest I will use.
  • House06House06 Posts: 648Member
    No excied for the bronzer in February. :(
  • CassieBCassieB Posts: 279Member
    Not excited about my bag, definitely an off month :(
    I'm getting Nyx Butter Lipstick (if it's a dark color it'll be up for swap)
    Naked Cosmetics finishing banana powder (swap)
    BellaPierre mascara (guess I'll add it to the pile but I don't especially need it lol)
    MOR hand and body milk (might be ok if I like the scent, if not, to swap it goes!)
    And the Luxie blush brush (yay, the item I requested!)
  • RaeKatzRaeKatz Posts: 57Member
    I'm not super excited about my bag, but I'm hopeful. After all, the items that I've loved the most are things that I did not get excited about at all (Rodial Cleanser/Mask, Organic Pharmacy Lip Balm, -417 Hand Cream, etc.)

Here's my bag this month:
    Indie Lee Rosehip Cleanser 15 ml RV $4.05
    Trust Fund Beauty Nail Polish in I Give Good Tweet or $12 Latte 17 ml RV $15.00 (really hoping for the bluish polish, but would be happy with either)
    NYX Professional Makeup Butter Lipstick in Ripe Berry or Lifeguard 4.5 g RV $6.00 (Probably placing up for swap)
    Hikari Cosmetics Cream Pigment Eye Shadow in Latte 2g RV $6.50 (Looks really pretty)
    Luxie Rose Gold Blush Brush 514 RV $18 (Love makeup tools)
    Total Retail Value: $49.55

My sister's bag:
    Marsk Mineral Eyeshadow in You're Toast 0.4 oz (Full Size) RV $22.50
    SOO AE Sheet Mask Duo - Black Charcoal Mask and Nature Green Tea Collagen Essence Mask RV $2.77
    Japonesque Coconut Solid Brush Cleaner 14 g RV $4.94
    Rodial Smokey Eye Pen in Black 0.6 g RV $11.50
    Luxie Rose Gold Blush Brush 514 RV $18
    Total Retail Value: $59.71

Overall, no complaints. Ipsy really does a great job with their customer service and in individualizing these bags based on my preferences.
  • kylajaclynkylajaclyn Posts: 2,983Member
    They got it right since I bitched about them including bronzer last month.

My bag:

The Organic Pharmacy Lip and Eye Cream

Trust Fund polish

NYX lipstick

Bellapierre waterproof mascara

Promise Organic facial scrub

I'll continue to review, because it seemed to cut out the nonsense I didn't like!
  • BestAuntEverBestAuntEver Posts: 1,146Member
    Here's mine. :

• sam4425sam4425 Posts: 4Member
    edited February 6
    I'm super-excited about my bag. I missed the cut-off for requests, but ended up getting the nail polish anyway, and either color is fine for me.

Trust Fund Beauty nail polish in I Give Good Tweet or $12 Latte
    Nyx Butter Lipstick in Ripe Berry of Lifeguard
    Mor Rosa Noir Hand & Body Milk
    Elizabeth Mott Bronzer (I live in Florida, never a bad time)
    Luxie Rose Gold Blush Brush

Edited to add: I wish I was getting the Bye-Bye under eye cream, since I've been wanting to try it, but maybe in the next bag :)
  • bonbonbonbon Posts: 269Member
    Mine is ok. I'm seeing other bags I'd love!
    Trust fund polish, I want the brown
    Rodial eye pencil
    Nyx lipstick
    The mask duo
    Seraphine botanicals skin illuminator
    Keeping the masks and polish, everything else I'll swap
  • cmiller512cmiller512 Posts: 1,295Member
    Here's mine! Its looking good this month although I really don't need another mascara!!!! :/ Fingers crossed I get the $12 latte nail polish color!!! Although I'm okay with either one!!
    ipsy.png 195.1K
  • KristyKristy Posts: 1,440Member
    @BestAuntEver you always get bags I would want! :) What do you have selected for your profile?
    @Kristy Aww, I covet some of your contents, too! You got some really great brands this month.

Here is the gist of what I have in my profile, hope it helps. :smile:
    • Comfortable with makeup - leave unchecked
    • Brands I love - these vary but I only keep 2 or 3 checked at a time
    • Types of makeup I love - I only checked lip plumper, tools and concealer
    • Types of skin/hair/nail care - I only have nail and hair styling checked
    • Eyeshadows - smokey (but I change it up as necessary)
    • Eyeliner - adventurous (I'm not but I have a buttload of black, so why not?)
    • Lips - Neutral
    • Nail Polish - adventurous
    • Blush - Neutrals
    • Skin concerns - Fine lines & dryness both checked
    • Hair concerns - Needs volume & frizz both checked
  • BoerboelmomBoerboelmom Posts: 788Member
    I'm getting:

Marsk mineral eyeshadow in you're toast
    Briogeo blow dry perfection heat cream
    Trust fund beauty nail polish (hoping for $12 latte)
    NYX lipstick in ripe berry or lifeguard
    VENeffect skin care anti aging lip treatment

It's pretty decent, I would have really loved to get the True Botanicals Resurfacing Moisture Mask to try but I'm happy with my products.

• moniquemonique Posts: 472Member
    Luxie rose gold brush
    NYX lipstick
    Blobell duo sheet masks
    Elizabeth Motte matte bronzer
    Luna by Luna highlighter

Could have been worse, could have been better. FoR the love of all that is holy, at least give us a decent bag. This thing is hideous!
    OMG, yaaaaay! My bag usually arrives nearer the end of the month, but it was here when I got home from work today!

And unfortunately the Winky Lux powder I got was the medium shade. :/ Is anyone interested in swapping for it? I have a few other medium-shade foil samples Sephora threw into my recent purchases to sweeten the pot - Kat Von D Lock-it & Bye Bye under eye illuminating concealer.
    @entwashian wow that was a quick delivery! My tracking shows it hasn't even moved yet!
    @bonbon I know... I was probably disproportionately excited, lol
  • TiskersTiskers Posts: 302Member
    I LOVE these threads!!! <3

So... I am getting:

1. Marsk Mineral Eye Shadow in "Toast"
    2. Briogeo Blow Dry Heat Protection
    3. Trust Fun Beauty NP (also hoping for $12 Latte color!)
    4. NYX Lipstick (hoping for Berry color)
    5. Ven-Effect Lip treatment

I'm pretty happy with my sample picks this month, I may not swap out anything. And I know I'm in the minority here, but I think the bag looks adorable!!! :D )
    IPSY.png 156.3K
    @Tiskers did you get a tracking email yet? Usually it shows the correct product color variation you get in the email.
  • CaptBeefcakesBabyCaptBeefcakesBaby Posts: 607Member
    Hi everyone mines good except for the bronzer & lippy (have bunches of bronzers & don't wear lipstick)

1-NYX lip butter
    2-bio belle face masks eh
    3-Luxie brush
    4-Luna highlighter
    5-Mott bronzer

ID LOVE TO get a nail polish, the baby blue one if anybody wants to swap.
  • BoerboelmomBoerboelmom Posts: 788Member
    @Tiskers we are bag twins!!! I'm also hoping for the 12$ latte color nail polish.
  • LunaLuna Posts: 746Member
    I'm getting:
    - Trust Fund Beauty nail polish (I always love a new nail polish!)
    - Nyx lipstick (I hope this is in a color I can work with)
    - VENeffect Anti-Aging Lip Treatment (always excited to try a new lip treatment!)
    - Winky Lux Complexion Powder (this one's in Medium, and while that's my skin tone, I prefer translucent powder, so this will be gifted)
    - Juice Beauty Cream Blush (I have no idea how to apply a cream blush, so this will be gifted)

This was the last month in my annual sub, and I was dead set on not subscribing any further. But, I just can't quit Ipsy(!) even though I usually have to gift one or two products from each bag. So, I'll be subbing on the monthly plan come March. :)

@Tiskers I'm in the minority with you! I like the bag (I've never received a bag I didn't like), and I always like the bags a whole lot more once I have them in hand. :)
    @entwashian Oooooh, that's the shade I am getting and I cannot wait! Thank you for modeling for us, it looks lovely with your skin tone!