Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm unloading all of my beauty for charity!

Maureen_BMaureen_B Posts: 284Member
edited February 21 in Swaps
Edited to clear out because this is no longer available, thanks to @californiajanet !!
Post edited by Maureen_B on

Comments

• californiajanetcaliforniajanet Posts: 198Member
    I'm interested! I'll PM you. :)
  • bunnygirlbrembunnygirlbrem Posts: 417Member
    @Maureen_B What a cool and generous idea!
  • SamanthaLSamanthaL Posts: 873Member
    @Maureen_B Unrelated, but the reason your link is broken in your signature line is because the hyperlink is routed to /user/4771/swaps. If you change the hyperlink destination to /user/4771/profile (which is what is displayed in the text but not the actual hyperlink), it should work. I can tell when I hover over the URL and the hyperlink destination appears in the bottom left corner of my browser. I used to do IT support, in case it's not obvious. :#
  • Maureen_BMaureen_B Posts: 284Member
    SamanthaL said:

@Maureen_B Unrelated, but the reason your link is broken in your signature line is because the hyperlink is routed to /user/4771/swaps. If you change the hyperlink destination to /user/4771/profile (which is what is displayed in the text but not the actual hyperlink), it should work. I can tell when I hover over the URL and the hyperlink destination appears in the bottom left corner of my browser. I used to do IT support, in case it's not obvious. :#

That was it! You're a SAINT!
  • I_like_big_swapsI_like_big_swaps Posts: 83Member
    Hi! Does anyone know of any legitimate charities in Bozeman, MT that would want new and unused makeup? Of the two that I have contacted, they only want cash donations. Thanks, Rosemary
  • debbiesblimdebbiesblim Posts: 1,034Member
    Why is the thread flagged so many times??
  • boxjoyboxjoy Posts: 2,165Member
    @debbiesblim Because selling items, even for a good cause, is not allowed on the forum, and such requests should be filtered through admin.
  • debbiesblimdebbiesblim Posts: 1,034Member
    @boxjoy oh..I see...my thoughts when I read the title was that she is donating the items to charity...
    @debbiesblim I sent the items to the person who made a donation to a charity, they didn't pay me for it. It is a bit weird so I had said that admin could delete if it was off base, that said I'm not taking the flags personally.
    @I_like_big_swaps did you try the local homeless shelter? If they won't take them they're probably familiar with domestic abuse programs that would take them? I'd hope they could go to a good cause! There is a thread on here of someone else collected items that you could sent them to, she had connections to donate.
  • seuss516seuss516 Posts: 328Member
    @lynndeanne posted this link on another thread. If you're ok with the cost of shipping it's a great solution. I've tried a few women's shelters in my area and none will take beauty items so I'm thinking this is worth the flat rate USPS shipping box for a good cause.

This group takes "barely used" items, too.
    http://www.projectbeautyshare.org/what-to-give