Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sugarbash Limited Edition Selection *spoiler*

JodiAnneJodiAnne Posts: 1,201Member
Just got this email from sugarbash! Looks like we get to choose the shade we want in our next box! I love the fact we get choices...it gives everyone the chance to get a color they will actually use!! Now..which one do I choose? Lol
Screenshot_20170216-235145.png
1440 x 2560 - 815K

Comments

• entwashianentwashian Posts: 620Member
    Haha I recognize the swatches from clicking through the swap listings! That's the Manna Kadar Lip Locked Priming Lipstick.
  • MelissaBMelissaB Posts: 1,454Member
    Easy choice for me - bright pink!
  • lotusflower13lotusflower13 Posts: 384Member
    @JodiAnne thank you for posting this. I might have missed the email had I not read this first.
  • JodiAnneJodiAnne Posts: 1,201Member
    @MelissaB That's what I chose too!! Think it will be a great color for spring and summer!
    @lotusflower13 You're welcome! =)
  • SamanthaLSamanthaL Posts: 103Member
    @JodiAnne so true! It is everywhere. I have the red one though (Pinot noir?) and it's rather pretty. Since it's a little sheer and a slightly deeper red, it doesn't look identical to any of the many reds I have, so I like it!
  • chefkristinchefkristin Posts: 1,124Member
    Wait what Sugerbash Special Edition box???? How did I miss that?
  • cmiller512cmiller512 Posts: 1,026Member
    I had a hard time choosing but I went with the bright pink too!!!! I think I have more than enough reds!! lol

@chefkristin I THINK its just the April box maybe?!?! I know when they sent emails out a month or so ago, they said that this box was a high value box but they didn't call it "limited edition". Maybe its just some re-branding to peak interest?
  • chefkristinchefkristin Posts: 1,124Member
    @cmiller512 thank you, that makes me feel better. I assume my sub is auto-renew, but maybe I need to check as I didn't get an email.
  • Jenny1973Jenny1973 Posts: 339Member
    I got the same email, but I am wondering if I read it correctly, it was late when I was reading and I went with a different color of lippy also, normally I choose red but this time went a little lighter.

"We have some great news for you. The next shipment you'll receive, is our sold out limited edition box! As a loyal member, you receive these at no additional cost. This box is worth over $300, includes your second Melinda Marie layering piece and you get to customize 1 item. Yeah, for Sugarbash Perks! "

So are they not charging for this box??? I am confused but it looks like it is "sold out"??? Or maybe no additional cost on top of the every other month payment. I am new to this box...

• finlidanfinlidan Posts: 1,036Member
    Now I'm wishing I picked coral instead of bright pink too! I was really split on the two. Now we will all match with our bright pinks :)
    I just got this in an email so it looks like it IS a different box!!! I'm SOOO excited!!!

Dear Member,

Shirley Strawberry is back with her Spring Limited Edition Box—Valued at $300!

Her last Limited Edition box sold out in minutes!

This Special Limited Edition box is already sold out. As a perk for being a loyal member, this box is part of your regular subscription.

However, to ensure you get this box, you must be an active member.

We will bill you for this box on March 15, 2017, so make sure your billing information is up to date. If your credit card transaction does not go through on the 15th, you will have just 48 hours to update your information. Otherwise, you will automatically be canceled.

If you place a new order after March 15, 2017 you will receive our regular “Spring Forward” box, and not the Special Limited Edition Box.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Susan Jones

Customer Service Manager
  • Jenny1973Jenny1973 Posts: 339Member
    @cmiller512 , so are we getting 2 boxes this spring or just one really high value box? Still excited.
    @Jenny1973 I'm thinking a higher value box. The spring box is I think is valued at $250 and this is supposed to be valued at $300!! But hey, if they are sending us two, I'll gladly take them both! lol
  • MelissaBMelissaB Posts: 1,454Member
    edited February 17
    Ummm, no shade, but.....
    IMG_2614.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    IMG_2615.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
  • entwashianentwashian Posts: 620Member
    @MelissaB LMAO! I honestly think the Manna Kadar marketing has made a tactical error by flooding the sub box market. It certainly increases awareness of the brand, but it makes the product seem cheap, and, frankly, burdensome (there's a reason the term "albatrosses" has stuck!).

For example, I really like the formula of that first "fantasy" highlighter that was in almost every box... but I now have a lifetime supply of 3 back-ups! I'm definitely not feeling encouraged to buy more!
  • SamanthaLSamanthaL Posts: 103Member
    @entwashian I feel the same way. I've liked the Manna Kadar products I've tried, but they definitely oversaturated the sub box market. I was shocked that someone took the Fantasy highlighter off my hands in a swap, but then I got a highlighter/bronzer duo as an extra in a swap, lol! I actually bought a pack of the lip-locked glosses when Ipsy had them as an Ipsy offer cause I liked a few of the colors and swapped the others. I would never buy a full-priced item from them though!