Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sugarbash Limited Edition Selection *spoiler*

JodiAnneJodiAnne Posts: 1,628Member
Just got this email from sugarbash! Looks like we get to choose the shade we want in our next box! I love the fact we get choices...it gives everyone the chance to get a color they will actually use!! Now..which one do I choose? Lol

Comments

• entwashianentwashian Posts: 1,040Member
    Haha I recognize the swatches from clicking through the swap listings! That's the Manna Kadar Lip Locked Priming Lipstick.
  • MelissaBMelissaB Posts: 1,661Member
    Easy choice for me - bright pink!
  • lotusflower13lotusflower13 Posts: 1,286Member
    @JodiAnne thank you for posting this. I might have missed the email had I not read this first.
  • JodiAnneJodiAnne Posts: 1,628Member
    @MelissaB That's what I chose too!! Think it will be a great color for spring and summer!
    @lotusflower13 You're welcome! =)
  • SamanthaLSamanthaL Posts: 873Member
    @JodiAnne so true! It is everywhere. I have the red one though (Pinot noir?) and it's rather pretty. Since it's a little sheer and a slightly deeper red, it doesn't look identical to any of the many reds I have, so I like it!
  • chefkristinchefkristin Posts: 1,503Member
    Wait what Sugerbash Special Edition box???? How did I miss that?
  • cmiller512cmiller512 Posts: 1,411Member
    I had a hard time choosing but I went with the bright pink too!!!! I think I have more than enough reds!! lol

@chefkristin I THINK its just the April box maybe?!?! I know when they sent emails out a month or so ago, they said that this box was a high value box but they didn't call it "limited edition". Maybe its just some re-branding to peak interest?
    @cmiller512 thank you, that makes me feel better. I assume my sub is auto-renew, but maybe I need to check as I didn't get an email.
  • Jenny1973Jenny1973 Posts: 590Member
    I got the same email, but I am wondering if I read it correctly, it was late when I was reading and I went with a different color of lippy also, normally I choose red but this time went a little lighter.

"We have some great news for you. The next shipment you'll receive, is our sold out limited edition box! As a loyal member, you receive these at no additional cost. This box is worth over $300, includes your second Melinda Marie layering piece and you get to customize 1 item. Yeah, for Sugarbash Perks! "

So are they not charging for this box??? I am confused but it looks like it is "sold out"??? Or maybe no additional cost on top of the every other month payment. I am new to this box...

• finlidanfinlidan Posts: 1,517Member
    Now I'm wishing I picked coral instead of bright pink too! I was really split on the two. Now we will all match with our bright pinks :)
    I just got this in an email so it looks like it IS a different box!!! I'm SOOO excited!!!

Dear Member,

Shirley Strawberry is back with her Spring Limited Edition Box—Valued at $300!

Her last Limited Edition box sold out in minutes!

This Special Limited Edition box is already sold out. As a perk for being a loyal member, this box is part of your regular subscription.

However, to ensure you get this box, you must be an active member.

We will bill you for this box on March 15, 2017, so make sure your billing information is up to date. If your credit card transaction does not go through on the 15th, you will have just 48 hours to update your information. Otherwise, you will automatically be canceled.

If you place a new order after March 15, 2017 you will receive our regular “Spring Forward” box, and not the Special Limited Edition Box.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Susan Jones

Customer Service Manager
  • Jenny1973Jenny1973 Posts: 590Member
    @cmiller512 , so are we getting 2 boxes this spring or just one really high value box? Still excited.
    @Jenny1973 I'm thinking a higher value box. The spring box is I think is valued at $250 and this is supposed to be valued at $300!! But hey, if they are sending us two, I'll gladly take them both! lol
    edited February 17
    Ummm, no shade, but.....
  • entwashianentwashian Posts: 1,040Member
    @MelissaB LMAO! I honestly think the Manna Kadar marketing has made a tactical error by flooding the sub box market. It certainly increases awareness of the brand, but it makes the product seem cheap, and, frankly, burdensome (there's a reason the term "albatrosses" has stuck!).

For example, I really like the formula of that first "fantasy" highlighter that was in almost every box... but I now have a lifetime supply of 3 back-ups! I'm definitely not feeling encouraged to buy more!
  • SamanthaLSamanthaL Posts: 873Member
    @entwashian I feel the same way. I've liked the Manna Kadar products I've tried, but they definitely oversaturated the sub box market. I was shocked that someone took the Fantasy highlighter off my hands in a swap, but then I got a highlighter/bronzer duo as an extra in a swap, lol! I actually bought a pack of the lip-locked glosses when Ipsy had them as an Ipsy offer cause I liked a few of the colors and swapped the others. I would never buy a full-priced item from them though!
  • Chrsie0076Chrsie0076 Posts: 343Member
    Shirley Strawberry is going live right now to reveal some of this box!
    @Chrsie0076 post the spoilers!
    edited February 25
    SPOILER: (BUT NOT A NEW SPOILER) She showed the necklace that will come in the next box. We already knew that we would be getting the next piece in the layering collection. She confirmed which one it is.

Sorry @Chrsie0076 I hope I didn't steal your thunder. I didn't even know about this until you posted. I went to my phone and watched the replay. IT was about 15 minutes long, but it was mostly Shirley and some of the other Sugarbash folks reading comments on the live video.

ETA: She mentioned that people have to sign up by March 1 to get the limited edition box, and March 5 to get the April box. She also said that they put their heart and soul into the boxes and that "Sugarbash is catching on like wildfire."
  • Chrsie0076Chrsie0076 Posts: 343Member
    @MelissaB no worries, thought it was going to be more!!
    Also that the items will be super sized!!
    @lotusflower13 Ooh, I missed that part! Admittedly I am still at work so was just half listening I guess.

Anyway, I already know I will be swapping the necklace. I hope the rest of the box is stuff I really want!
    @MelissaB that's ok. I'll be swapping the necklace as well. She did say that it's also reversible, but I don't wear gold.
    Can someone post a picture of the second necklace?
  • VintageVintage Posts: 7Member
    I wanted to re-subscribe and CS told me that the only way I could get the April box was to get the Glamorous again, I don't want that box again even if it was pretty good. And that I have to wait for the June box if I didn't want the Glamorous again, that does not make sense to me since according to the emails that you ladies are getting, there seems to be a LE and a regular April box. I felt a little unwanted. :'(
    @Vintage That doesn't seem right! On the live reveal they just kept saying that you have to subscribe by March 1 or March 5 (in writing it said March 1, but live they kept saying March 5) to get the April box. They did *not* say that you would have to purchase a previous box to get the next box.
  • VintageVintage Posts: 7Member
    @MelissaB Thanks for understanding me!
    My message to them was this (I know I mistakenly said March but they understood, I meant April):

"Hi Sugarbash,

I’m interested in re-subscribing but I would like to know that if I re-subscribe, if I would I get the March box? Because I already have the Glamorous box, which was lovely by the way.

Thanks,

Natalie"

This was their reply to my message:

"Hi Natalie!

You have to be a regular member to get our Special Box which ships in April. If you re-subscribe now you will get another Glamorous box. However, that is the only way to get the April box.  Our next box will be in June.

Thanks,

The Sugarbash Team"
    @Vintage the special box is "sold out" according to the email I received and if you subscribe after march 15 you'll get the spring forward box so maybe wait until then to resub.
    @finlidan when did you receive an email?