Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ISO old items below RV

SamanthaLSamanthaL Posts: 949Member
edited March 3 in Reference
Occasionally, we are looking for items that have been on the swap board for quite some time with no takers. I'm starting this thread so people can post the older items they'd love to swap for at a lower RV. I suppose "older" is objective, but let's say items that came in boxes from 6+ months ago and don't seem to be showing much traction present day (clearly, the Kendra Scott bracelet from PSMH is still popular after 3+ months, so that probably wouldn't apply to this thread).

Here are some older items I personally would like for below RV (mostly from PSMH since those are high volume):
- Govino wine glasses
- Govino Go-Anywhere Carafe and Water Glass Set
- Tilo Heart Print Scarf (this is nowhere near a $125 value in my eyes)
- Sorial Saffiano Wallet on a Chain

- Victoria’s Secret Coconut Milk Hydrating Body Lotion Thanks, @Randi2 !
- Mine Design Home Hand poured Chalkboard Candle
- K Hall Simpatico Ambergris Shea Butter Cream
- ACME Party Box Company Bamboo Heart Cutting Board & Cheese Knife

I'd also be happy to take any towels, throws, picture frames, or bags that are unisex or targeted toward men from any box, though I'm not counting on any offers for these. :#

Edited thanks to my swap hero, @SerandipityJ ! :)
Post edited by SamanthaL on

Comments

• DonnaDonna Posts: 322Member
    I don't have anything to list right now because I'm on vacation but I just wanted to say that I think this is a very good idea.
  • catcat Posts: 1,921Member
    edited March 16
    Post edited by cat on
  • nancytnancyt Posts: 868Member
    @SamanthaL I have been changing some of my RV's like my -Vincent Longo Eyeshadow in Seduction- in my listings, if I have had them for awhile. I listed RV20 instead of RV30. I think this thread is a great idea, that being said I have a few items that I would not change the RV for anything even if I have them for a year.
    edited March 16
    Post edited by cat on
  • HeatheryHeathery Posts: 1,313Member
    @cat Agree. And if it's fragile, but small and heavy, put it in a box and then put the box inside the flat rate bubble envelope.

Swap Profile ~*~ Goodreads ~*~ PaperBackSwap Profile
    "Be strong," I whispered fervently to my wifi signal.

edited March 16

Post edited by cat on
  • SamanthaLSamanthaL Posts: 949Member
    edited February 27
    @Elise I think that's fair and I'd be happy for the heavier or more awkwardly shaped items to be part of a multiswap. I also think it will depend on the person since some people would just like to declutter.

@nancyt I have also listed items with the "value to me," and I think that's helpful. I totally understand if people don't want to budge on RV, and some items are popular enough that there's no reason to ever do that. Some of the items I've listed are from 2-year old boxes but still have a healthy quantity listed on the website, so thought I'd see who wants to declutter for a lower RV. :)

Plus, I don't feel like I have many listings to offer at this time anyway, but March is just around the corner! :D
  • HeatheryHeathery Posts: 1,313Member
    @nancyt I do the same thing. I'll say "RV $80. Will swap at $40" or whatever. I've gotten rid of a lot of items that abound everywhere (dry shampoo, makeup, etc).

Swap Profile ~*~ Goodreads ~*~ PaperBackSwap Profile
    "Be strong," I whispered fervently to my wifi signal.

• BendLBBagsBendLBBags Posts: 404Member
    ISO Gatsby leather wrap belt from the Fall Rachel Zoe BOS if anyone is interested in swapping this for less than RV. I can't find mine...
  • LeeleeLeelee Posts: 292Member
    I have several govino glasses but the boxes are large, so costly to ship.
    @Leelee Would they be less expensive to ship if you took them out of the box they came in? Since I would wash them upon receiving them anyway, this wouldn't bother me one bit, as long as they are packaged well enough that they don't get crushed in transit (they aren't glass and they're supposedly shatterproof, so I think this is possibly achievable).
  • LeahLeah Posts: 3,495Member
    I was so excited to get the Govino Go-Anywhere Carafe and Water Glass Set, and now it's in my "donate" pile. I admitted defeat.
    @Leah Lol, I have one of those sets but would be happy to get more. It really came in handy when I had the flu last week and I was able to keep it by my bedside. Chicago also has a lot of great outdoor events during the summer and you can often bring wine to events in the parks, so I think the Govino glasses would be perfect for that. B)
  • TiskersTiskers Posts: 390Member
    Leah said:

I was so excited to get the Govino Go-Anywhere Carafe and Water Glass Set, and now it's in my "donate" pile. I admitted defeat.

Why don't you like it?!

Real name is Lynn. So happy to be here! <3
    http://swap.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/user/23860/profile
  • chefkristinchefkristin Posts: 1,755Member
    edited February 27
    Those govino wine glasses weigh nothing, if you got a light weight box to put them in it should be under a pound and can ship first class.
  • LeahLeah Posts: 3,495Member
    @Tiskers The cup is too large for bedside sipping. You pour some water into the glass, and then you can't put it back on the carafe until you're done the water because then it'll drip. And I never got around to carrying it downstairs to the kitchen sink to wash, so I was just drinking from a germy cup over and over.
  • IntrepidTravelerIntrepidTraveler Posts: 36Member
    I would gladly swap the blue clutch from Luxor box at 1/2 of RV just to get rid of it. The only stipulation would that I wouldn't swap it for makeup or samples.
  • HappyCatHappyCat Posts: 1,209Member
    @taintedtiara That is amazing, you make me want to swap for one.

If anyone has one they want to swap and don't want the world for it hit me up.
  • rachelnycrachelnyc Posts: 736Member
    I'd like to send my LLB October Baking box off to a good home--it has a coral-pink & silver beaded bracelet, yellow pj pants in size xl & a green baker. I never got the extra items we were supposed to get (I think a code to order a dip mix & a magazine), but the box is otherwise complete and everything is still in the original packaging.

I prefer not to break up the box because I'd really like to just get it off my hands, but I don't mind if whoever gets it relists individual items (at original RV or otherwise). I think it's in my swap listings but I'm currently on vacation mode, so if anyone is interested, let me know and I'll change back to active!
  • belliumbellium Posts: 835Member
    my PSMH snowflake pendant (that half silver, half white circle thing) needs a home. it is in its black pouch but without tags. i would take a small beauty item or similar just to cover shipping.
    @taintedtiara super cute! I actually like the chain, and crossbody bags in general, and I like the color of this one because it isn't like any that I own. But wow, looks very cute with the shorter strap too!

Now that it's been established that the Govino wine glasses or water set are easy and cheap to ship if you remove them from their original box, if anyone wants to get rid of theirs for something of mine, let me know! o:) I have many very breakable wine glasses, but these would be great for events in the parks. :smiley:
  • ShawnaShawna Posts: 777Member
    @rachelnyc I'd be interested in the box, but not sure if I have much to offer in exchange. I did just get a couple of geek/gamer boxes (Nerdblock & Lootcrate) so maybe some combination of items?
    Also, I'd be happy to swap for more than one of the Sorial wallets because I can use any extra as prizes for nonprofit fundraising events. I think lots of women would like this bag.
  • strmama2strmama2 Posts: 676Member
    I own and I've shipped Govino glasses and I don't think they could go in a bubble mailer.. I'm pretty sure they would get crushed and break. They would most likely need to go in a box. I can't remember what i paid to ship them, but I'd hate to see someone try to ship them for cheap and them wind up useless. A priority regional box or wrapping the box they come in with bubble wrap and shipping paper would probably be best.
  • TiskersTiskers Posts: 390Member
    edited February 28
    Leah said:

@Tiskers The cup is too large for bedside sipping. You pour some water into the glass, and then you can't put it back on the carafe until you're done the water because then it'll drip. And I never got around to carrying it downstairs to the kitchen sink to wash, so I was just drinking from a germy cup over and over.

@Leah
    AWWWW MAN AND DAAAAANG! Ain't that just the way of thangs????!
    Sounded so good in THEORY!!!!
    :D

Real name is Lynn. So happy to be here! <3
    http://swap.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/user/23860/profile
    @strmama2 I've shipped quite a few boxes that could still go out as first class mail if they were lightweight enough, so I think if they were packaged with bubble wrap in a lightweight box that wasn't any larger than necessary, it wouldn't be too expensive to ship. But I'm also happy to do a multiswap with someone that includes the Govino glasses if that helps someone feel their shipment cost was worth it.
  • strmama2strmama2 Posts: 676Member
    Yep, so have I. The box that the govinos come in is pretty lightweight, so that's why I suggested wrapping in bubblewrap and shipping paper. Another lightweight box would also work. I was specifically warning about bubble mailers bc they were mentioned and I don't think the govinos would survive. I wouldn't put a disclosure about "heavy to ship" on my govinos (because they're not), but I also wouldn't swap them for less than rv, so maybe I'm just the odd one lol