Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's up with the "spam filter block"?

sarasara Posts: 2,470Member
@Chris, @Liz Cadman , I have seen reference to this elsewhere, but I haven't had it happen to me before. I was participating in a discussion, and I made one comment, then tried to come back and make another. It was a long post, and I saw that the draft kept saving every few second. When I hit "post", I got blocked with a big red banner, saying that I had made 5 posts within 60 seconds, and I had to wait 2 minutes. But I hadn't made even one post within 60 seconds. Will post a picture. Quite frustrating.

Comments

• sarasara Posts: 2,470Member
    edited March 31
    Here is the banner
    Ok, now it won't post my picture. Pm me if you need to see it
  • LisaBLisaB Posts: 1,498Member
    @sara this has happened to a few of us also! Just happened to me this morning! It's so weird!
  • lotusflower13lotusflower13 Posts: 1,260Member
    edited March 31
    @Liz Cadman @chris it's happening to me now.

It's also been longer than 120 seconds and I can't post, nor do I post 5 times in 60 seconds l.
  • chrischris Posts: 3,570Member, Moderator
    @lotusflower13, I will see what I can find out about this. I am thinking because you were writing a long post it must have saved itself more than 5 times in a minute or something.

Are you able to post now? You can do a test comment if you want.
    @chris I am able to post now, but it took over ten minutes before I could.
    @chris, I think you are right about the saving - the site is saving drafts at a crazy rate. I notice because it is difficult to post on my phone - the "draft" box comes up and blocks the "post comment" box - and stays there a while. So it is saving about every 7 seconds, I think.
  • chrischris Posts: 3,570Member, Moderator
    @lotusflower13, okay, that is weird. Are you using a mobile or non-mobile device?

I am trying to figure out what happened. I am on my laptop and it is only saving my draft about once per minute.
    I was on an actual wired computer when it did it to me. But on my phone it is saving at a crazy rate
  • Jennifer3141Jennifer3141 Posts: 2,452Member
    @chris Here's what I'm seeing on my first attempt to post in various PM threads:

I get this message on my Mac running OS X El Capitan v. 10.11.6. I do not get this message on my iPhone.
  • BestAuntEverBestAuntEver Posts: 1,414Member
    edited March 31
    @chris I got the same thing...trying to respond to @Jennifer3141 PM, actually. Soooo, I think she's the problem. <3

And, I am on a desktop at the moment.
  • Jennifer3141Jennifer3141 Posts: 2,452Member
    @BestAuntEver Aw, I'm always the problem, no? <3
    edited March 31
    @Jennifer3141 Yup - that's why I <3 you so much. Being compliant is for losers.
    Now you have me curious about what all this PM-ing was about. Perhaps... a certain CS rep?
    @sara LOL. ....mayyyyyybe.
  • Tanya3Tanya3 Posts: 1,065Member
    I've had to log off the forum and wait before coming back and posting a message on PM. I've never had this issue before today and have always been able to have a normal paced convo on PM.. very odd
  • boxjoyboxjoy Posts: 2,150Member
    I had it happen on my phone while PMing. I signed out and back in and it seems to be working now.
    @chris I'm on my mobile IOS device. Today, like it seems everyone else, is the first time it's happened.
    @chris It seemed like this was resolved but I just got scolded again. And, I wasn't even answering @Jennifer3141 this time, so I can't blame her. Well, I can but I won't.

Ok, might not be the right thread but the notifications aren't working again. 6 swap requests today, got notified of one, one other cancelled before I even saw it. And the dan "draft saved" box just blocked post comment again
    @sara I'm having the same issue too.
  • KristyKristy Posts: 1,808Member
    I'm having issues with PMs and being blocked there too.
  • wldflowur13wldflowur13 Posts: 485Member
    Same issues with sending PM's
    Also my keyboard completely covers the text box now on my iPhone. It used to shift the thread up so the text box was above my keyboard. Not sure what's up with that, but it's only on the mobile version of the site. I can't manually move the thread up either.
    @Kristy, I am sporadically having that problem too
    Apparently I'm also not getting all of my notifications either @sara. I got an email you mentioned me in a comment, but there wasn't a notification here.
    And I am getting re-notifications for a swap that closed and was finished in December. Showingup in my swaps as though something just happened in it, and I just got an email with tracking of 00 for that old swap. @chris, have the April Fool's leprechauns taken hold of the site?
    Ok, now the look of the forum has changed for me on my iPad. To the right, I now have blue boxes showing me the number of new comments, instead of small print to the right of the comment bubble in the title. Maybe there is some tech overhaul going on?
  • cmiller512cmiller512 Posts: 1,411Member
    The spam filter just got me too :s
  • Tanya3Tanya3 Posts: 1,065Member
    @Kristy I have that same weird keyboard problem when I'm on my phone now too... I thought it was just me and I'd messed up a setting somewhere!