Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOCAL COLOR BOX EXCHANGE - PHOTO REVEAL THREAD

chrischris Posts: 3,570Member, Moderator
Here is the thread to share LOCAL COLOR BOX EXCHANGE reveals/photos!

(Posting photos after packages are received will remain optional, but please at least acknowledge when you receive your package here.)

We have several categories in play, so please keep that in mind and just have fun here.

Comments

• xoxolesleyxoxolesley Posts: 179Member
    So excited to see the reveals! Shipping one of mine today...
  • belliumbellium Posts: 708Member
    i hope my swappers confirm they've gotten their boxes - i think both should have them by now.
  • TiskersTiskers Posts: 353Member
    @flirtmd Awwwww, Kim, you are SOOOO very welcome!!! <3

Thank you so much for the wonderful post! You got me all misty-eyed too! <3 I am so delighted that you got your box and everything arrived safe and sound.

I had so much fun thinking about your box and choosing each item especially for you. I did so want to give you the best "flavor" I could of the beautiful rural area where we live.

Enjoy! xo

Lynn <3
  • KatMKatM Posts: 175Member
    @Tiskers - That leaf tray is amazing! I love local art and am obsessed with trees. Sometimes I feel like my apt looks like a forest [ha]. Does he sell these?
  • MrsHMrsH Posts: 357Member
    I have been away for a few days, and came home today to find a big box from @xoxolesley ! I'm so excited! I am trying to hold off on opening it until I get my exchange boxes out, which will hopefully be by the end of the week. I'm still waiting on a few things I ordered to arrive. I'm usually one to tear into a box as soon as it arrives, so I'm not sure how long I'll be able to hold out!
  • lizRlizR Posts: 524Member
    Still waiting for a few items to arrive also. Hopefully I will have my exchange boxes out early next week.
  • LexLex Posts: 320Member
    @Tiskers That dish is beautiful! I'd also like to know if he sells his work. So nice to see so much care and thought put into these boxes.
    @MrsH Glad to hear it arrived!! So excited for you to open it :) I'm hoping nothing inside is melted with this warm weather we've been having.
  • MrsHMrsH Posts: 357Member
    @xoxolesley well maybe I have to open it today then... you know, to make sure everything is ok...
  • lizRlizR Posts: 524Member
    @monamonster Just wanted you to know I received the Local Exchange box you sent to me. Haven't opened it yet. Will post pictures later.
  • MisaMisaMisaMisa Posts: 546Member
    @Tiskers Holy moly, that maple leaf dish is amazing!! You have one talented husband! Like everyone else, I'm also interested to know if he sells his work.
    edited April 13
    @MisaMisa @Lex @KatM Thank you so much for the compliments on my husband's work. I LOVE those little maple leaves, too -- they are my all-time favorite thing that he has ever made for me!

Yes, he does sell what he makes. He had an Etsy shop for awhile but got too busy with other stuff to keep it up "proper". Let me check with him later tonight and I'll get back to you! <3
  • moniquemonique Posts: 702Member
    @Tiskers OMG that leaf tray is AMAZING. We lost my parents at a rather young age. My dad was Canadian, so my sister and I both have a maple leaf tattoo in his honor. If your incredibly skilled husband ever wants to sell any, I'd love to buy/swap for one. Such a spectacular box!
    edited April 13
    So I wanted to mention (with her permission!) that @flirtmd did such a GREAT job with her questionnaire... (much better than I think I did with mine :s ) and she really gave me some great ideas for her box.

For example, she mentioned that she was helplessly addicted to all things gummy, thus all the gummy stuff in the box. And she also mentioned, "No nail polish or lipstick please" because she "chews her nails like a 3rd grader!" :D Well, that made me chuckle and so I just haaaaaaaaad pick up the Hair Skin and Nails gummies!!!

She also mentioned that she loves sparkly headbands and barrettes, and she was following the one that I sent. I swapped like a mad woman for it (thank you my sweet forum friends for answering that SOS call :p @LisaB this means YOU! <3 ) and in the frenzy of fretting that it may not arrive to me on time...(you know... maybe getting damaged or lost by the PO... possible earthquake... pestilence... eaten by wolves... zombie apocalypse...) I ended up with two! :D But I love it too, so that is just fine!

Anyway, it has been grand fun, and I am still just so delighted that Kim liked her box! <3
    Post edited by Tiskers on
  • DianeERDianeER Posts: 1,015Member
    @Saiza your box is in the system and on its way to you!
    Oh wow! Those are great boxes! @kitty01 @lovelifeparties @Joan Makes me wish I'd have done more than one swap! So fun! <3
  • EliseElise Posts: 432Member
    @Tiskers that leaf dish is beautiful! Your husband is very talented.
  • lisadlisad Posts: 2,136Member
    @xoxolesley I'm so glad you enjoyed your box!
    WOW! what amazing boxes! <3 <3 <3
  • KristyKristy Posts: 1,810Member
    Those ginkgo earrings are amazing!!!
  • monamonstermonamonster Posts: 1,399Member
    @lizR I'm glad you liked it! It was so much fun to put together.
    Wow @lynndeanne @wdu those earrings are stunning!