Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what skin care products are you loyal to?

allisenallisen Posts: 131Member
I do a lot of switching around with all the samples I receive in sub boxes. I'm wondering what tried-and-true products you use that you wouldn't cheat on no matter how tempting the new sample that shows up your door?

For me, I'm loyal to a Dermalogica moisturizer and Estee Lauder night time serum, but I totally sleep around when it comes to cleansers, toners, daytime serums, eye cream, exfoliators, masks, peels.

Comments

• IndunilRIndunilR Posts: 1Member
    Caudalie Beauty Elixir, Sunday Riley Good Genes, Jordan Samuel Hydrate, Omorovicza Thermal cleansing balm :)
  • MandypMandyp Posts: 349Member
    Lancome daytime moisturizer, mascara, concealer, eyeshadow, and foundation. clean & Clear acne cleanser with my clarisonic. Apivita spf20 lip balm.
  • Randi2Randi2 Posts: 2,234Member
    I've been cutting back on boxes bc I'm in love with One Love Organics and Indie Lee products so I've just been buying those. (And Peter Thomas Roth acne dots)

But I still do try other things out bc I have so many products still
  • lrn12lrn12 Posts: 274Member
    Murad Oil Mattifying lotion. It's my holy grail for oily skin and I have yet to find anything better.
  • LunaLuna Posts: 1,370Member
    edited May 4
    Just like @Heathery said, I truly can't afford to be loyal to any products right now, however I think I have a general idea of products I would be loyal to if I ever get over my beauty box phase and actually work my way through my whole stash.

Prior to getting into boxes the only name brand product, that I can think of right now, that I was loyal to was Ole Henriksen's Total Truth Eye Cream w/SPF. Other than that, everything else (not counting moisturizer & non-SPF eye cream) would be store brand products.
  • CiCiCiCi Posts: 590Member
    Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) Mandelic Acid serum. I try different skin care regimens but no matter what I always use my MUAC mandelic acid serum. It is perfect for adult acne, gentle exfoliation, and hyperpigmentation. And you cannot beat the price!
  • feemiafeemia Posts: 34Member
    Paula's Choice for most skin care. I always check their review site, Beautipedia when I'm shopping for a new product. If there's a less expensive product which they rate just as good as their own, I'll go with the less expensive item.
  • AngienharryAngienharry Posts: 1,286Member
    Fresh and eve lom are two of my favs
  • JackiecupcakeJackiecupcake Posts: 689Member
    I switch around a lot, but I really love using facial oil after my nightly cleansing. Right now I'm using the Julep Boost Your Radiance, and I have a 2nd bottle lined up for when this one is empty.

I also like Micellar water - I'm using the Pacifica one right now and it works really well.

Side note: I bought reusable cotton squares after seeing them in a box that was reviewed and I love them. If you use toner, or liquid eye makeup remover, or micellar water daily - they're a great investment. $20 and all you need to do is toss them in the washing machine when you run out.
  • BestAuntEverBestAuntEver Posts: 1,420Member
    I'm like a cult member when it comes to all things Nuxe. Also love the Acure Brightening Scrub. Oh, and Hanalei...to die for.
  • JenniferjoyJenniferjoy Posts: 128Member
    Sheseido cleanser and Tatcha night moisturizer ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • NightshiftNightshift Posts: 1,999Member
    edited May 5
    Tatcha for a gentle exfoliating cleanser
    Benton for toner, essence, and non exfoliating cleanser
    Aveno and Benton for day cream
    I shop around for day serums, but I usually come back to Laneige
    Laneige or Black Soybean Milk Pudding Sleeping Pack for night cream
    And I shop around for night serums, eye creams, sheet masks, peels, and deep exfoliating scrubs
  • reneewreneew Posts: 365Member
    The only constant is Paula's Choice BHA 2%.
  • prettycatprettycat Posts: 609Member
    Im loving the drunk elephant glycolic night serum. Its transformed my skin big time. I also love the sunday riley mosturizer and nuxe oil.
  • janemockingjayjanemockingjay Posts: 791Member
    The only thing I can think of that I'm "loyal" to (i.e that means I've actually purchased it more than once) would be the Origins Checks and Balances cleanser. It's the only one I've found that I really liked for my oily/combo skin but I still cheat on it.
    I just bought some of the Eve Lom cleanser and got it in the mail today so I'm gonna see if its "cult" status lives up to the hype. Also, not skincare but I'm a sucker for anything Urban Decay and I've become loyal to them for any makeup stuff.
  • moniquemonique Posts: 722Member
    I never thought that Julep would be one of my favorites. I LOVE their cleansing stick, cleansing oil, and the green tea sponge. I'm completely unfaithful right now for serums and creams, too many to sample. I used to use Clinique Custom Repair and really enjoyed it.
  • AngienharryAngienharry Posts: 1,286Member
    @monique I was with you on the julep cleansing stick; that is until I tried the eve lom cleanser. I'm hooked and now I use my julep cleansing stick to clean my brushes and beauty blender.
  • Em_PEm_P Posts: 843Member
    There are few products I'm truly loyal to because I do think after a while your skin gets used to stuff and it's good to switch it up.
    That said, I love
    - Hey Honey peel off mask
    - Tatcha powder
    - Goldfaden moisturizer
    - Crate 61 lip balm in Chocolate - I put it on my daughter too - it's just that awesome
    - Cake be delectable hand cream in pretty much any scent
  • SJPSJP Posts: 1,955Member
    @monique I also love the Julep cleansing stick. And my skin hates everything! So this has been a great recent find. :)
    @SJP I was shocked at how much my skin loves it!! Between that and the oil my skin is in heaven. I was shocked that it came from Julep, I also LOVE their eyeshadow sticks. I can't wear regular eyeshadow due to a dog attack and scars on my left eyelid. That shadow stick goes on so smoothly and perfect for me. I'm really surprised about how great their products are for what I assumed was just a nail polish sub.

However, I'm also the person who can never find a strong enough peel...I want that sucker to burn a bit. I may not be the best for recommending skincare due to loving strong cleaners.
  • SJPSJP Posts: 1,955Member
    @monique I love almost everything I've ever gotten from Julep. The only things that don't work for me are their basecoats & topcoats. I love their makeup!! A dog attack involving your eye sounds unbearably painful!

I cannot handle even the tiniest burn & really dislike most peels---I typically don't even try them because, again, my skin hates everything. ;)
  • RubymomRubymom Posts: 70Member
    I love the beauty counter cleansing balm as step one of my double cleanse. Always ISO of it.
  • TaraAredTaraAred Posts: 166Member
    I'm looking for a illuminating skin primer (smoothing)- sunscreen added a plus.
    Love the feel of the make-up forever one, but it's not illuminating.

I have been using La-Roche-posay tinted, but would love any suggestions :)
    monique said:

However, I'm also the person who can never find a strong enough peel...I want that sucker to burn a bit.

@monique Funny, I should read your comment, as I just tried a new peel tonight, and thought of you as I felt little phantom needles pricking my entire face while I was using it. :lol: Today, I used Algenist's Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Bi-Phase Peel, and I think it's everything you'd ever dreamed it could be. It's thin like a toner (it even comes with its own cotton pads... much nicer than regular cotton pads), you spread it on your face like a toner, wait 3 to 5 minutes, then rinse it off. The prickling was bearable for me, but definitely strong, and it left my face a little red, but not as red as the Dr. Dennis Gross peel pads in the dark brown packaging (whose burn was less intense than this Algenist peel). The redness didn't last long, but I also did a nice, soothing sheet mask right after too. And, I picked it up at Marshall's yesterday for only $19.99!
    @Luna YES!! This sounds amazing, exactly what I'm looking for. I'll have to brave my local Marshall's and see if there's some here. I didn't really get much of anything from the Dr Gross unfortunately. Apparently my skin has an incredibly high tolerance. Thank you for the info.

@jewlz will appreciate this face peel too.
  • jewlzjewlz Posts: 763Member
    @Luna and @monique thanks! I put it on my shopping list! I am almost 50 and no one ever believes it and I tell them that's because I literally burn off the years regularly lol. My daughter is 20 and she said ok I need to start doing what you lol.
  • MariaNGMariaNG Posts: 1,523Member
    @jewlz yes, your daughter should start now! It is nice when people don't think you're as old as you are, isn't it? I didn't like it when I was younger but enjoy it now :). Salespeople would come to my door and ask if my mother was home. I'd be a smarta** and answer that I wasn't sure.
    @monique In case you'd like to sample it first, Sephora does sell it (for $85!). It gets dispensed through a tiny hole in the top of the bottle, so there's no worries about contamination, however I personally would rub that area with alcohol, then dry it before getting that sample. :)

@jewlz Is that you in your profile pic??? If so... dang!!! I truly hope I look as good as you when I'm 50!! Rock it girl! Work it... own it... (haha)!