Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Robb Vices - May spoilers

LuluLulu Posts: 186
Tracking label created here...

Comments

• SJPSJP Posts: 1,694
    Yay @Lulu !! How exciting!
  • Rain08Rain08 Posts: 189
    Tracking label created here too. 9lb, alcoholic beverage, adult signature required. :)
  • DianeERDianeER Posts: 952
    Ditto @Rain08 -- 9 lbs, adult sig required. Expected Tuesday. Wooo!
    @DianeER Nice! Mine should be here Thursday, so... avoid spoilers, or hit refresh multiple times on Tuesday? Decisions, decisions.
    Friday for me!! :) I can't believe it's already time for another box!
    @SJP Me either, although I can't wait. This is even though I haven't had a chance to try the speaker yet. It's charged and waiting. :)
  • erineevanserineevans Posts: 42
    How do these ship (usps, FedEx, ups??)? This will be my first box, and I'm super excited!!
    @erineevans They ship via FedEx.
  • cleegiantscleegiants Posts: 1,223
    I don't see any shipping notification in my fed ex tracker or my robb vices account. It does say the next billing date is may 25th. I can't see a way of reviewing past charges, can anyone offer guidance?

Also with FedEx manager, does anyone know if I can "pre-sign" online or authorize delivery without a signature? I was able to do that with DHL.
  • ginamarie135ginamarie135 Posts: 479
    @cleegiants I don't think you can pre-sign when there is alcohol. You can however have the box held at your local Fedex store, which is what I typically do!
  • rachelnycrachelnyc Posts: 632
    I'm excited!!! Can't wait to see what we're getting, and it's nice to be subscribed to at least one box that actually ships when it says it's going to.
    @cleegiants , you cannot pre-authorize an alcohol delivery. I also do as @ginamarie135 suggests and have the box held at a local FedEx/Kinkos store when I will not be home on delivery day, then go there at my convenience and sign for it there.
  • breezydayebreezydaye Posts: 425
    @cleegiants I don't have my tracking either.
    Thanks @ginamarie135 @DianeER. Do you know if I can specify which FedEx store I can have it held at? Or can I change the delivery address mid-route to my work address?
    @cleegiants You can specify the FedEx store, yes. Not sure about changing delivery address mid-route, but I'd be surprised if that's an option.
  • JenniferjoyJenniferjoy Posts: 77
    @cleegiants you can change the address before you get it delivered, but after it has been shipped, but there is an additional charge. I found it's just easier to have it held at a local FedEx office.
    @Jenniferjoy thanks! I don't think my box has shipped so I probably could. I'll just pick up at the FedEx office then
  • 3Pyrenees3Pyrenees Posts: 61
    Could someone please explain how to have the box held at a local FedEx office? I have tracking showing the shipping label created but no option to customize delivery, it's grayed out
    @3Pyrenees you cannot make that choice until your box begins to move.
  • SneakertreeSneakertree Posts: 37
    Is anyone else kinda worried that Robb Vices took down the ability to post comments on Facebook? =/ Soooo hoping for an amazing box this time around. Or deliciously boozy anyway.
    @Sneakertree I was not aware of that. That typically does not bode well. Let's hope it's just a glitch.
    I just went there and was able to post a comment. I did not complete it, but the option was still available.
  • maddiewinmaddiewin Posts: 1,291
    No tracking for me yet
  • erineevanserineevans Posts: 42
    No tracking for me either! Ahhh the wait!!
  • AnnAnn Posts: 1,568
    Alcohol AGAIN? Sigh. I barely drink so I have no idea how I am supposed to get through a monthly shipment of booze. I have the tequila stuff sitting here, the brandy, the whisky too. I swapped the absinthe set.

If you are a drinker this is perfect for you, but at some point this is just not going to work out for me and I will have to cancel. If this is going to be an alcohol sub that is how they should advertise it.
    edited May 15
    @Ann this is the text under "About" on their Facebook page. Definitely sounds alcohol-forward here:
    About: Robb Vices is your guide to achieving impeccable taste in the ways of dining, drinking, and reveling deep into the night.
    Story: Let’s drink to the notion that cocktails are more than the sum of their ingredients; they are sculptures in a glass. Let’s not be mere whisky drinkers, but patrons of the art of distilling. Let’s toast the patient artisans in Scotland, Kentucky, and Japan who set aside the contents of our tumblers for decades until deciding that they are finally ready to be served to us, in just the right portion, in just the right glass, in just the right room.

Robb Vices will put you in that room, identify the best seat, and introduce you to the owner. It will keep you out later into the night and will take you to some dangerous places in a search for authenticity. In the end, you will have some great memories to show for it. We couldn’t be more excited to have you with us.

And get some rest. You’re going to need it.

The FAQ on their website is a little less alcohol-specific but does mention that first in their list of vices:
    The vices that we bring to you are the ones that bring the best virtues out of you when properly enjoyed. Every month is a new surprise which may bring you exceptional wines and spirits to enjoy, foods to taste, tools, toys, accessories, and gadgets that are worthy of your ownership. Each reflects an area of the good life that will make for the highlight of your month.

(Edited to add: I bought this sub specifically because they frequently send alcohol. I hope they continue this practice, but I'm also really sorry you can't appropriately enjoy what they send and are disappointed. :neutral: )
    @Ann After seeing this sub's reviews and reading their website, I signed up knowing that I was going to be receiving quite a bit of alcohol to try. *shrugs*
  • ikimashokieikimashokie Posts: 33
    I saw the tracking show up yesterday and went and did a booze-dance at my fiance. But I also just got two bottles of whiskey yesterday, so I'm gonna have to speed up my booze-closet. Maybe I'll follow up with that wallpaper coupon.

(I also got an answer about my bonus box, it should be a box-type box and not a gift. Score.)

Hope the cat bed's good in this one :lol: