Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fabletics

finlidanfinlidan Posts: 1,668Member
Ok I looked for an existing thread but couldn't find one so anyway has anyone purchased any swimwear from fabletics?? I am wondering about the quality / fit.

Comments

• lisatratolisatrato Posts: 679Member
    edited May 17
    @finlidan i purchased a swimsuit last year from them. It was neon top with black bottom and i ordered in a medium, thinking i would be giving my booty some room in that size. NOPE! Anyway, with that being said.. i hated it! I returned it right away, and was the only time i have ever returned anything with fabletics. It wasn't even just the bottom... in my honest opinion the stitching was just cheap! For the price, Target makes better swimsuits that would hold up longer than the one i tried with them. Granted, this was last summer. I really hope they got better.
  • finlidanfinlidan Posts: 1,668Member
    Ugh that's kind of disappointing. I really liked the athletic look of some of the suits. @lisatrato was the return policy easy?
  • lisatratolisatrato Posts: 679Member
    @finlidan i think they look amazing. the one i got last year was a two piece midi and hipster bottoms and they really looked fabulous in the pictures and on the model. after skipping a few months-when i took my first look at their swim line i was sold! But yeah, i was sad to see the actual product. :( The returns however are simple enough, they give you a free return label which is nice- but took a long time. Took about 3 weeks to get the credit put back on my account, and i picked something else. They are really strict about tags being on, and everything being in its original packaging.. But from what i remember-it was all pretty straight forward. If you do try their swim line from this year, please let me know what you honestly think! Because i think quality over time has improved. My first pair of Salar leggings didn't even last 6 months of constant gym use, but my 2nd, 3rd-5th pair have stayed together so much better each time. So you never know! I would love to hear about any experience from this years line.
  • mvpmvp Posts: 391Member
    @finlidan - I concur everything @lisatrato said, but wanted to add in case you may not be aware, they only ever give credits to spend at their site for returns. They don't do refunds. So always good to have a backup plan of something you don't mind putting the $ towards in case the swimsuit doesn't work out. Oh, and also, the credit stays there a long time if you don't end up using it right away, because I think I've had one sitting in my account for like almost a year now. So no pressure of a rushed expiry.
  • SJPSJP Posts: 2,088Member
    @mvp It is very helpful to know that Fabletics does not do refunds for returns! I've had a couple times when I've almost over-shopped on the site & I did not realize that returns would only be for store credit. (I have a serious problem with possible over-shopping there because I always like so many things!)
    @SJP same here! That's how I guess I eventually learned my lesson with them- I wound up with a ridiculous (though spectacular) amount of workout wear because I always had to get something(s)! None of their companies (SD, JF...) ever issue refunds- they all make you have to pick something else or have a credit sit in your account! So basically once you give them $, it's theirs, no backsies.
    @mvp That's the problem for me, too. I see so many different outfits that I think I NEED, but I inevitably end up searching for my one, specific favorite pair of leggings every single time! To be fair, I would have never gotten that pair of leggings if I had never purchased anything from Fabletics. It's a catch 22! :D
    Hmm I suppose if I only got the swimsuit this order if it doesn't work out I can return it and get one of the other things I was looking at (like demi Lovato's new collection!) instead! Good tip about keeping the packaging and tags when I try it on.
    @SJP so true! I mean it only cost me the previous 127 pairs of leggings to find my fave! :bawling:
  • berriesandbearsberriesandbears Posts: 336Member
    Can anyone who is a vip fabletics member please screen shot what is part of and still available for their Memorial Day sale? I'm considering signing up, but would like to see that first.
    @mvp OK, so I think I may have found another favorite pair of leggings from my last order! I choose the Stylus outfit & I really did not think the top would work for me, but I was hoping that the leggings would be useful. It arrived & I tried it on & I thought I'd probably return it because the top is just so far outside my comfort zone. But, one night I had a wild streak & pulled off the tags & wore it to the gym. I felt FABULOUS!!! It makes me feel like nothing else I own makes me feel---it gives me a huge amount of confidence!! (I did add a wrap around my waist for a bit more modesty, but that's it.)

I have to say that their clothing affects me in ways that nothing ever has before---it gives me this lift that I do NOT naturally have & I always instantly feel like conquering the world the minute I'm wearing them. It's very odd. (The strangest thing about it is that I know that, to the outside observer, I probably look hideous but I feel awesome anyway!)
    edited May 23
    @Ellie I haven't had to deal with their CS yet. How was it bad? I'm dreading ever having to interact with them just based on the CS from other boxes. (*cough* Allure/Rachel Zoe/PopSugar/LLB *cough*)

Oh, I've always meant to mention that I love your signature!!! :smiley:
    @SJP yah I really like their aesthetic! It all looks confidence boosting. The main thing stopping me is the $50 monthly charge. But they seem to have tons of good sales
    @finlidan It's pretty easy to skip the monthly charge---kind of like Julep or Bespoke Post. The sales are great! I'm pretty sure the best strategy is to skip the monthly outfit & just wait for whatever special they have later in the month. If you can get the true sale pieces it is a great deal!

The crazy thing is that when I first saw the clothing I just thought it was too bright/bold/zany & I did not think it would do well. (I was used to the Lululemon look on people.) In my first order, I had to choose things that were outside my comfort zone & they ended up being my favorite! Now I'm a total convert & I think all the bright colors & bold patterns make it fun to do something that sometimes does not seem fun.

Disclaimer: I have had no dealings with their customer service, so I cannot vouch for after-purchase concerns. I've also read that they really give you the hard-sale pitch when you try to cancel.
  • EliseElise Posts: 557Member
    This sale is amazing! They added an extra 10% off code to my cart automatically for my birthday month - and for $150 I have in my cart 2 tops, 2 pairs of shorts, 4 pairs of leggings, 3 sports bras, and 2 rompers!! (I didn't even know they sold rompers but they look super cute!!) And since I just read the avenue A review I'm kind of amazed at the amount of stuff I have in my cart for $150...

I love the quality, fit & variety fabletics offers, but I normally skip the monthly charge so I'm more than happy to stock up :smiley:
    @Elise yah these sale prices are kind of awesome. I have three tops and three sports bras in my cart for $70.
  • AngienharryAngienharry Posts: 1,323Member
    I just signed up so I got the 2 for 24 leggings and some half priced tops. All together for $106 I got 2 pants, 3 tops and 2 bras! Much better than my $150 at Adidas Avenue A!
    edited May 23
    @SJP I'm a bit behind but I will definitely have to look into that one, now that you mention it! I love that it gives you that boost and know exactly what you mean! :blush:
    I do feel like the quality was actually notably better a few years ago, before they began doing the retail stores and commercials and having the factories pump out these insanely massive quantities of product, (because they have to source from different factories and material wholesalers now to be able to get these kinds of quantities, so.... quality often suffers) but... for anyone who is recently starting with them, they will not notice otherwise and it's not completely awful yet. Well, except watch those stitched buttcrack seams! They aren't what they used to be and the return requirements do state returns *have to* be of new, unused and with tags on! So if you do wear a pair to a class and do a squat or some burpees and they give way, you're SOL. (Athleta gives you this time to test run them, to ensure they'll last. Lulu will reasonably allow you to exchange also. Fab does not.) I split 3 pair in HIIT training and it's not a matter of loose strings you can re-sew. According to my mom/seamstress, the fabric is actually tearing along the main stitch, so its not even worth trying to fix. I never had a problem with my older pairs, but 3 of the "newer" ones (from 2015 to present) have done this. It's all been with the printed or patterned ones. When you have a flaw or defect that is evident from when you receive them, they will gladly exchange them but you do have to wait about a few weeks turnaround time.
    For those unfamiliar with and curious about their CS- I can legitimately attest that it's not what we'd all consider "ideal." Its a call center run out of the Philippines and they are trained to be *very* hard sell if you try to cancel your sub. Some (few these days- it used to be a lot less aggressive a few years ago!) of them will take a sweeter approach in order to try and get you to stay on... but *most* of them follow their directive hardcore to keep you from quitting at. all. costs! I don't personally care for how they operate in this regard at all. It feels very cold, impersonal and just dirty business. Kinda like hard sell commission sales. Not my cup of tea, personally. I don't like peoples actions -sales or not- being influenced or dictated via fear, rewarding them for successfully using these tactics against me. I've worked in many aspects of sales and in life in general, my vibe is if you're gonna be cool to a person, be cool because you ant to and that is who YOU are- not because you want their dam money. So know going in that these guys & gals are specifically directed to have an agenda and in their eyes no matter who you are, what or issue is or what the error in question may be, the house must always win. I have wondered if they can skirt under bigger issues due to being run outside of the country... because here, those kinds of personalities typically work in collections type call centers, not retail e-commerce. Hmm?
    Anyways, from what I've been told, they are basically incentivized to retain customers. So imagine this big call center room with a ton of staffers on phones- usually busy as heck from the fist to the fifth of the month. There's always a ton of background conversations going on- and sometimes, you can even hear them (I've heard some funny and eye-opening stuff). Well, they are handling all these calls- and a lot are people who want to cancel, so they have to talk you down- insist you try this or that... its a lot of pressure. Depending on who you get and their mood, they can either come across as not giving a F or combative- its kind of luck of the draw. And they have some kind of quota of how many cancellations they can have on their monthly (or maybe weekly/quarterly- I'm not sure of their time periods) totals. If they get too many, they're donezo. If they manage to convert cancels, they get rewarded. I can't tell you how many I've had actually ask me -some try to be discreet, some just straight up ask- if I wouldn't mind speaking to their manager to tell them how helpful and great I thought they were in helping me just then. I've had some sound somewhat desperate in insisting I stay on the line to give their supervisor a good review right them and there, kinda making me feel like they *need* some brownie points... so.. be prepared for anything if/when you pan to call. And you *have to* call because they (by design) don't have an option online to opt out.
    All that being said, I've been a member since their beta-testing days, when they still were developing and reached out to ongoing/longtime JF members to try it out. I've got a lot more workout clothes than I can logically justify (so I don't, lol)... but I do enjoy a lot of it. They are doing SO many sales now-a-days, it makes little sense to buy otherwise. I just haven't quit yet because I haven't found myself with the energy to plead with a filipino call center rep for however long it would take to get them to cancel. I figure eventually, maybe I can have a friend or family friend/relative who speaks Tagalog call in for me and do it. Then I wont have to remember to skip by the 5th every month in perpetuity. Like I have now for the past almost 10 years with SD, JF and them. :lol:
    I have literally been Pavlov'ed to hit 'skip the month' by the 5th now for all of their companies simply because it is not an easy cancel and I'm often too drained to deal with a hard sell rep. :flushed:
  • EliseElise Posts: 557Member
    @mvp interesting about the change in quality. Thanks for the info. Also, I do believe you can use live chat to cancel now. I used a live chat to cancel with shoedazzle and I believe all three have the live chat feature.
    @mvp oh gosh that sounds like when I tried to cancel something with beachbody or my old cable company. they just refuse to cancel it. I just turn into a huge b word and say NO CANCEL ME NOW over and over and it seems to work
    I ordered the stuff that was in my cart all day (finally gave in haha) and I'm looking forward to it! I didn't get any bottoms because I like my full length leggings from JCPenney (look, their xersion brand is kind of amazing) and they only had booty shorts and whatever in my size at fabletics. The bras will be the biggest gamble because I need a lot of support so watch this space as I may be unloading some size L bras in the near(ish) future!
    @Elise OMG, reallllllyyy?!? :o Cool! Thank you for that info! Man, if they *ever* needed a game changing feature improvement, that chat option is it! Good to know!

Next on the agenda is for them to go back to their original, much more exciting, reasonable rewards program! I mean before they radically reworked it (by reworked, I mean dramatically reduced), a buncha (technical term for however many thousands) points meant you could select from the luxury car lot of available redemption items. Now, a buncha points will get you a repo-ed, lemon of a hooptie, from the obviously-nobody-wants-them-lot.

So...looks like I have a decision to make. I either have to pick a lemon and blow out my points, chat a fond "mabuhay, farewell, its been real" and be done with it, or continue on my current Wilson-Phillips-Hold-On-For-One-More-Day, blindly optimistic (with a huge side of pipe dream) hope that they'll actually restore or reinvent their rewards/gold VIP program to something a bit more... invigorating. (I know, I know... but a girl can -and clearly does- dream... irregardless of logic.)

Now... to fight off the preexisting Pavlovian programming and ponder trying that chat feature... which, come on- lets be real. We all know if I log on to their site right now, it's going to scream "HUGE, CAN'T PASS UP MEMORIAL DAY SALE HAPPENING LITERALLY RIGHT NOW!!!! YOU. MUST. BUT. ALL. THE. STUFFS. IMMEDIATELY!!!" directly into my face, and like a poor, broken, gullible consumer, in need of some retail therapy (because... its only Tuesday, for lack of a better, more legit reason) I'll be all... Ohh... well.. lemme takes a looksie... hmm... @SJP mentioned this one outfit that will likely make me feel like Fergie circa 2002ish when I go to get my fitness on (and duh, clearly Fergie of the late 90's-early 2000's was everything and not the sad, excessively botoxed and injected, influenced by KK hot mess* she's been as of late, so)... and @finlidan makes a good point on stocking up on more tops and bra tops (because the current backstock of tops I have from them that I accidently discovered when cleaning this weekend, sitting at the bottom of a moving bin, still all in their packaging, are clearly not enough? :flushed: )... and @Angienharry went and played the sad-but-true, realistic Ave A contrast card (even though I have been *trying* to fight from reading the spoiler/reaction thread because I SO don't want to be utterly crushed that I forgot to cancel) and I know she wouldn't steer me wrong because I <3 her, not to mention @Elise current, gloriously filled cart, so.... What is an under-carbed, sugar deprived and overcaffeinated girl to do!?! I mean how on Earth am I supposed to be logical and reasonable under these conditions? (The actual correct answer here is that she is *supposed to* be doing her work and not getting distracted by more fun, interesting issues, but... *sigh* the adhd is real today. LOL)

(Is it bad that I'm already secretly justifying in my subconscious... I mean I can hear whispers of "hey, you've been surprisingly consistent with your exercise efforts as of late- Treat Yo Self!" and "you know nothing motivates like some new workout skivvies, girl- Treat Yo Self!" and "you know what would totally keep you on track with your new diet/nutrition guidelines and goals? Some new workout wear- Treat Yo Self!"... and.... it is mildly disturbing from a fiscally responsible standpoint, that the current voice of my subconscious is Donna. If I start listening to Ginuwine, I've clearly got a prob.)

@Ellie I need you! Talk me down, Love!! By the power of greyskull, burritos, sarcasm and all that is good in the world, slap some sense into me and TALK. ME. DOWN. :lol: Remind me of the ongoing space/storage and organizational issues I am having with this current (awfully tiny) closet I am trying to manage. Because workout bottoms have not only surpassed their previously assigned & approved bin, but are now encroaching into sweats, misc bottoms and shorts territory!

Because I know me... if I even try to log on there now for good intents and purposes, poof! Before I can even process what just happened, I've gone and gained a buncha hundreds of more of their stupid rewards points to spend on aforementioned lemons. And likely another magazine sub to Horses and Hounds or Emphatic Exercisers & Kale Juice Weekly. *sigh*

*props to Fergie because... Josh Duhamel. Rarw.
    LOL @mvp !!! Literally LOL! :D Have you already fallen prey to the ADHD/wicked sale?? Sorry for being a bad influence, but props to Fergie is right. ;)
  • AngienharryAngienharry Posts: 1,323Member
    @mvp how did it go? Are you the proud new owner of several "treat yo self" items???? I just explained my whole day of athletic clothes shopping to the hubs who was like ya I'd love to listen to you talking about working out but I need to go really work out. Lol. Too funny he is! Meanwhile I'm back at my computer working on the capstone evidence based practice paper. Ya school....NOT.
    edited May 24
    Lol @SJP & @Angienharry ... I am happy to report that even though I technically *did* open a page to their site (from the stupid sale email- which opened during a poorly timed moment of weakness), I have thus far remained strong. I'm not saying there aren't items that may or may not be sitting in my cart, but... For now I am being strong. I have been with them long enough to heed @Ellies (as well as some of my own) concerns and warnings.
    I think truly what is giving me pause is some guilt from the AveA box, because I totally spaced and didn't cancel in time so... an unexpected $150 is a big pill to swallow. I haven't even received tracking yet, but I have this yucky feeling from the few reactions Ive skimmed past, that I should be realistic to the fact that I may be let down or disappointed. I do want to preserve some of the initial reaction, in an effort to have my own, pure first impression, so I have been actively avoiding spoilers. But I've seen quite a few comments written and it seems clear the overwhelming vibe is not a thrilled one. So... once it arrives, I figure it will go one of two ways.
    A) I open it and am surprisingly delighted and satisfied with a 150 well spent. No regrets, all is right in the world. Or...
    2) I open it and feel it's lacking in contents (or perhaps the contents aren't exactly "me" or something I can use) and cycle thru a series of guilt > disappointment > regret > frustration > acceptance, at which point I decide some further retail therapy to round out the box is just what the doctor ordered. At which point I may posssibly revisit aforementioned cart.

I really hope I like it. @Ellie that's f'ed up what they did! I've had some pretty frustrating and ticked off experiences with them over the years, so whereas I used to have no problem giving them money and buying multiple sets per month consistently, I'm just much more reserved and guarded when it comes to them these days. I hate having to say that in a way, because I do use and enjoy a lot of pieces I've managed to collect over the years, but... well, if you even just google or look up their consumer complaints, it's really a shock that they can still operate. I mean they've gotten consistent and legit complaints on a global scale- U.K. as well as AU. So it has become an "enter at your own risk" kinda deal.

Also, it's only technically Tuesday so... I'm sure between now and MDW there will be tons of companies begging for me to throw my money at them for whatever whatchamacallits and thingamabobs because: SALE!
    Good job @mvp ! Way to stay strong!!! It's easy for me to skip the sale because not much is on sale in my size. I will agree that it was hard to shell out the $150 for Avenue A this month & get an outfit from Fabletics. I had planned to skip this month with Fabletics, but I was weak & desperately wanted those leggings. I'm very pleased that I took that chance!! (This time, that is. ;) )

I did not do any research into CS before I joined. I simply needed activewear & this fit the need at that moment.

I'm sorry you had such a horrid experience, though, @Ellie !! That is awful!!! Makes me really suspicious of all the "free" magazine subscriptions they include with every single purchase. I thought I had read all the fine print with those, and I deleted some, but who knows what they will do based on your experience.

I hate to know that some poor CS agent will be at risk of losing his/her job because I decide to cancel!! I don't want that kind of pressure!
  • SouthernPrincessSouthernPrincess Posts: 275Member
    Ok so someone has probably discussed this above - but I am joining up to get one of these outfits for my daughter and I am confused - can we only get ONE outfit at the big sale price? It let me add 4 more tops to my cart at 50% off each, but can I not add any other pants etc or they will be full price? So each member only gets access to one 75% off option in each sale? That's kinda weird....

It's all a bit confusing to me, I hope this made sense.
    @SouthernPrincess ok the memorial day sale is only certain items. The new VIP price is for exactly one outfit, after that it is the listed VIP price.
  • SouthernPrincessSouthernPrincess Posts: 275Member
    @finlidan but we can only get one outfit at the 75% off rate? Bc I tried to add more than one and it's showing the second at the full rate. Also I don't think it's letting me add a new member rate item either.