Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nestify Box is Changing

Maureen_BMaureen_B Posts: 372Member
Just received this email...hmmm.

"Thank you for being a valued founding member of the Nestify community! The past 6 months have been been incredible, and the overwhelming support we've received has been truly inspiring. It has also been a valuable learning curve from which to grow and improve upon, which of course is our primary goal.

The driving force behind Nestify was the idea of curating and cultivating a space that is both beautiful and meaningful, and reflects ourselves just as the garments that we choose to wear. This ideal remains my inspiration as we begin this new chapter.

After this month, the Nestify Box will graduate to Loom + Linen Supply Co, a quarterly subscription centering exclusively on fine tabletop textiles and wares. We have been quietly working behind the scenes and are excited to announce partnerships soon with amazing artisans across the globe! Here are a few more points regarding the transition:
Less is more. A quarterly subscription means more time is spent on each parcel, bringing you the most exclusive and coveted tabletop wares at best negotiated pricing.
Discover the world from the comfort of your home. Each full-size box will include 8-10 curated items centered around a country theme, and include settings for 4 people.
Unique, beautiful and useful. Items may include table linens, cloth napkins, serving utensils, tea towels, aprons, soaps, candles, spices, honey, oil, and anything you may need for a beautiful spread!
Better value. Pricing will be $110 per box, which is $27.50 per month (compared to current pricing of $39)
In short, we are beyond excited to have found a way to bring you even more top-quality unique artisanal wares for less than your current subscription!

Because of the exclusive nature of the items in the box, which are handmade by artisans and often are the result of a long and complex process, and because we want to ensure the finest quality and delivery, we are limiting the subscription to only 100 subscribers in the premier shipment. As valued friends and family, you are the first to learn of this new direction, and I'd like to invite you to join us on this journey! Before we announce the news on social next week, I'd like to give you early access to pre-order the premier Loom + Linen box, set to launch in September! As a token of our gratitude, you will also receive your first box at half price with code FAMBAM once the new site goes live.

To pre-order, please follow the directions below:
Existing subscribers: you will receive a follow-up email asking if you'd like to transfer your remaining balance towards the new subscription. Be sure to check your inbox as all subscribers with remaining balances at the end of the month will be refunded and pre-order access will be lost.
New subscribers: Simply reply to this email with your name and you're set!

We will be announcing the theme of the premier Loom + Linen box soon, and have planned exciting giveaways and collaborations to celebrate, so be sure to check your inbox and follow us on social to stay in the loop!

As always, I greatly appreciate your feedback and welcome your suggestions as we strive to offer you the best service possible! Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns you may have. I hope you join me on this new journey!

Warmly,

Estie"

Comments

• gillepgillep Posts: 438Member
    @Maureen_B are you going to sign up? I received one Nestify box for free and wasn't impressed at all. I can't see myself signing up for this as I already change my table setting seasonally and like my current stuff. Interested in seeing what they include though.
  • Maureen_BMaureen_B Posts: 372Member
    @gillep I don't think so. I wanted to like the current model but they were always just something not enough for me to pull the trigger. 'Country' themed also sounds risky, like... country chic or grandma checkers? Plus, my table is usually buried under mounds of crap lol.
  • JackiecupcakeJackiecupcake Posts: 819Member
    100 subscribers? How are they even making a profit off of that???
  • gillepgillep Posts: 438Member
    @Maureen_B I took 'country' to mean that each would be evocative of a different country from around the globe, also risky!
  • SaizaSaiza Posts: 1,843Member
    Sounds waaaaay too risky given the sub par boxes they put out. Not to mention asking for 5 star reviews, I love the idea of tabletop settings though; but $110 is way too much for me.
  • LexLex Posts: 380Member
    I have a tiny kitchen table that's always covered in swap box stuff so I was really hoping this was going to be a better version of a full home box rather than specifically table/textiles. I'm a little turned off by their logic of it being cheaper per month compared to the current monthly price- that only works if you are actually getting a box every month. I think table settings are too limiting and specific for people to want to pay that much to have their items chosen for them randomly, but I'm curious to see what the box ends up looking like.
  • Miaow23Miaow23 Posts: 141Member
    After being disappointed in my one Nestify shipment (cancelled right after), I would only sign up for this if there was a really good spoiler and only with the half off coupon for the first box. As mentioned above, the theme of tabletop settings seems limiting to me; I can't see it being a box that someone would sub to for the long term, since the "country" theme would mean a very different style every month so one would end up with dribs and drabs/ a little this/that but no cohesiveness I would think....I don't think I would four Moroccan napkins one month and four Danish style plates another month lol.
  • AnnAnn Posts: 1,869Member
    I am guessing this sub won't be around for long. Just a feeling :(
  • sarasara Posts: 3,112Member
    As I told the owner (when she wanted me to change my review) I think the problems with Nestify stemmed from a lack of research into sub boxes before launching one. I regretfully feel this new modification has the same difficulty...
    I would love to swap- ask me for my profile!