Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone having trouble swapping Manna Kadar?

SparklezGlamSparklezGlam Posts: 25Member
i hardly see anyone having this brand on their wishlists?
theyre not even worth or should be compared to dept. store high ends in my opinion

what are some of the brands uve been having troubles getting "rid of"?
What brands are u tired of getting?

http://swap.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/user/19046/profile

Comments

• entwashianentwashian Posts: 1,306Member
    Yes, I think Manna Kadar needs to sit down with their marketing team & tell them to chill. I definitely feel like their products are devalued due to availability. That being said, I do really like their Fantasy 3-in-1, which makes a great eye shadow for me, and I have swapped for several.

I agree with @Jackiecupcake -- certain shades of Julep can be difficult to get rid of if the shades have come in a mystery box or something like that where, again, there are many, many available. (Seriously, is there anyone left who wants Myriam & doesn't have it?)

I also have some ModelCo products that have been sitting around a while. I had a lip gloss that I finally got rid of, but I still have a blush & a bronzer.
  • MeshaMesha Posts: 35Member
    Marcelle is nearly as bad but thankfully I only get it from Birchbox. I groan every time Harvey prince comes out with a new scent because sure enough I'll be getting the dread perfume sample. It seams like it is the same deal with Coastal Scents and their palettes with Boxycharm. I have 2 of them on my board and Idk what to do with the little duos and quads.
  • homesweetgliesehomesweetgliese Posts: 155Member
    edited June 8
    Sorry to be off topic, but I love Julep polishes but am not a maven, and I collect the polishes almost exclusively by swapping for them. So if anyone has some to unload, I'll take some off your hands. Although I don't have much up for swap right now because I'm taking a break from subs.

Oh, and I find that Doucce brand has accumulated and seems to be unswappable.
    PM me to swap with me :)
  • KiKiKiKi Posts: 123Member
  • lalalalalala Posts: 1,293Member
    I'm like @entwashian in that I like the Fantasy 3 in 1, but I use it as a blush because it works well with my skin tone. That being said, anything else Manna Kadar I am uninterested in. I'm tired of seeing them everywhere, as well.
  • miccartymiccarty Posts: 168Member
    Yeah it's funny, I actually really like the Manna Kadar 3 in 1, I think it got it in BeautyFix a while back. I thought that I might put it on my followed list to remind myself to swap for it eventually when I hit pan, but there are so many out there that I figured I'd get deluged with requests from everyone on the swap boards, lol.

I've posted Julep before but never gotten a request. I agree, if you want it you can generally buy it fairly cheaply. But eventually I'll quit my membership and then I'll swap for it!
  • KristyKristy Posts: 1,998Member
    I just recieved a Manna Kadar priming eyeshadow stick in my June Birchbox. I really like it. It's very smooth and a very wearable color. I have also swapped for one of the priming lipsticks and I liked that as well. I'm pretty sure I have had at least 3 of the 3-in-1 blushes in my possession at one point though.
  • SparklezGlamSparklezGlam Posts: 25Member
    @Mesha YA Marcelle too! definatly..glad i unsubbed Birchbox

• SparklezGlamSparklezGlam Posts: 25Member
    @KiKi and @homesweetgliese Marcelle, Doucce,,but theyre not in every box as much as Manna Kadar

And nailpolish, anyone interested id swap all mine for just 1 WL..i have about 5+ pcs

• MelissaBMelissaB Posts: 1,709Member
    I've swapped away lots of Julep polishes. When I started swapping, that was basically all I had.
    http://swap.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/user/8125/profile

You could send some people a box of roses, and they'd complain about the thorns, or the smell, or the color.
  • MelissaBMelissaB Posts: 1,709Member
    Ugh! Speak of the devil! I just opened my Birchbox, and it includes a Manna Kadar "priming shadow stick" that I was planning to swap because I don't like the color, but it came broken, so it looks like I'm stuck with it. :/ I know I could contact them, but it seems silly to request a replacement for an item I didn't want to begin with.

Oh, and @Jackiecupcake I'm the one who posted a photo of a Manna Kadar lipstick set that I found st Ross. Lol!
    http://swap.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/user/8125/profile

You could send some people a box of roses, and they'd complain about the thorns, or the smell, or the color.
  • KristyKristy Posts: 1,998Member
    Don't bother asking for a replacement @MelissaB, they don't have any. They credited me $5 in points though. Try the stick. It's not bad :)
  • ShawnaShawna Posts: 744Member
    I've been gifting a lot of the Manna Kadar stuff and since most people aren't aware of it (because they don't sub to boxes) it has been received well. Just as a suggestion for what to do with excess product.
  • SJPSJP Posts: 1,955Member
    That's a great idea @Shawna ! I would have never thought of that because I, too, am just annoyed if I see the name because I've gotten SO much from that brand in less than one year of subbing to very few beauty boxes. I got to the point where if it came in one of my boxes, it went straight into the trash. (To be fair, I do not have any friends who would enjoy being gifted with makeup not-of-their choosing, or who would not have already gotten the same products in sub boxes.)

I agree that flooding the swap world was an ill-advised marketing move. It made the brand feel very, very cheap to me. It seems like one of the many brands relied on to be used as 'box filler' to increase the overall (alleged) RV of the box.
  • SJPSJP Posts: 1,955Member
    @DesB That was one of my plans before summer started! Unfortunately, I never got my act together. But, I still have time before summer is over. ;)
  • MichelleRMichelleR Posts: 1Member
    I love the Manna Kadar Lip Gloss Stains! I have only seen lucky in boxes though, so I bought some new colors. I now need to find this Priming Shadow Stick!
  • GrishmaGrishma Posts: 544Member
    I'm one of those few people who uses most of the manna kader products. Thankfully I don't have many beauty subs so even if all of them send me MK products, I still don't have enough lol. I currently have like 3 different bronzer n highlighter pans and I use them all :wink:
  • MergionaMergiona Posts: 5Member
    I am one of those rare people, who never tried this brand because I never received it in the boxes :) However, even I am tired of seeing this brand show up in the reviews. I have never seen Manna Kadar in Sephora or Ulta, are they just subscription box exclusive or are they like ColourPop- only sell their stuff online?.. In any case, I'm not too impressed with it just looking at the swatches and colors...
  • HeatheryHeathery Posts: 1,313Member
    I had my Manna Kadar bronzer up for swap, but of course, could never swap it. So I started using it and reeeeeally liked it. It's a good bronzer.

Swap Profile ~*~ Goodreads ~*~ PaperBackSwap Profile
    "Be strong," I whispered fervently to my wifi signal.

• GrishmaGrishma Posts: 544Member
    @Heathery I LOVE their bronzer. I have a few and received some in swaps. Other than Betty Lou the only one I ever use is MK!
  • House06House06 Posts: 963Member
    I also like the Fantasy 3 in 1 _ ive used it as eye shadow - going to try it as a blush sometime soon!
  • LunaLuna Posts: 1,371Member
    I'm also one of the few that have really enjoyed the Manna Kadar products I've tried. I honestly never mind getting duplicates of their products (just as long as it's not from the same box within a year), as I know I'll happily use them.

Maybe subscription boxes are these types of brands real customers. Maybe selling their products to sub boxes is the only way they really make money. However, if this is the case, then it's definitely false advertising that their RV is what's stated because they never really sell these products at that price in the first place. It would make no sense for the sub boxes to purchase the products at the stated RV. I've seen Manna Kadar products at discount stores like Marshall's/TJ Maxx, and I wonder if it's just overstock that they couldn't sell to sub boxes.
  • BendLBBagsBendLBBags Posts: 351Member
    I have the Manna Kadar priming lipstick and really like it. If anyone out there has the Manna Kadar lipstick I'd like to swap for it!
  • flirtmdflirtmd Posts: 508Member
    13 deals has the split bronzer for $1.99. Gives you a good idea of how much is on the market when the clearance houses have it marked down.
  • SamanthaLSamanthaL Posts: 947Member
    I like the Manna Kadar products, but definitely in moderation. I have the fantasy eyeshadow, a blush, and some of their lip stains, and I like all of them enough to keep, but I wasn't happy that they sent the same colors over and over again in different boxes. I think people would be less frustrated if they didn't receive the fantasy shadow in 3 different boxes over 6 months. Someone included the highlighter/bronzer duo as an extra in a swap, but those are products I rarely use. I plan to include it in a goodie bag for a fundraiser prize.
  • megganinwonderlandmegganinwonderland Posts: 341Member
    I don't subscribe to beauty boxes but I can understand the frustration of getting the same product over and over, or the same brand - I think I would be frustrated too. I have actually wanted to try the Manna Kadar products - I would like to try the 3-1 and the priming eyeshadow stick if someone wants to unload theirs!
  • SMZSMZ Posts: 589Member
    I don't sub to a lot of beauty boxes, but I have received a couple of Manna Kadar primers. I have them up for swap if anyone is interested.