Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My first attempt at an RAOK - MEME CONTEST!

sephrenia300sephrenia300 Posts: 209Member
Hi my lovely forum ladies!!!

I'm still relatively new to the forum but I have been the recipient of SO many RAOKs, extras, and lopsided swaps...but most importantly general kindness, support, and camaraderie, that I really really want to give back/pay it forward. I've been thinking about how to do so for a while, but as a newbie just felt like I didn't really have anything everyone else might want.

And then today I had a thought...like duh, I'M IN ASIA! On vacay that is! And as I'm walking around shopping, from department store to drug store, there's TONS of Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese, and Chinese skincare and beauty EVERYWHERE that I've never seen in the states. Wall to wall sheet masks! Adorableness! Essences! With the current Asian beauty crazy, lack of availability, or overpriced US availability and shipping cost nightmare, I'd like to take advantage of my current travels to put together a little something for the forum :)

So here's what I'm thinking - I'm going to put together and give way 2 Asian beauty mystery bags! I really want to do, in honor of @BestAuntEver , a MEME CONTEST!!!! POST YOUR FAVORITE MEEEEEMMMEEE. What makes you laugh every time you see it? What do you have in your back pocket to hurl at internet trolls? Bring on the LOLZ!!! Since I don't want to disadvantage the technologically inept, if you're having difficulty posting a meme, send me a message and I'll post it for you - you get credit! This is about your sense of humor and bringing laughs to the forum, not about computadors ability.

Please mention in your post your skin type/what type of products you're more interested in - sheet masks, serums, cleansing balms, cushion makeup. Also please feel free to let me know if you'd prefer asian snacks! Either entirely asian snacks or a mix of snacks and beauty is an option too.

(Also - I think I really only have the time to curate 2 bags - not sure, depends on what we end up doing in the next week or so, I might pick 3 winners instead of just 2. But if anyone has specific requests, a specific product they love that is super hard to get in the US or much more expensive in the US, I'm happy to try to obtain them at cost. Not sure exactly how many such requests I'll be able to fulfill, but I should be able to do at least a handful, and I'll try to do as many as possible.)

HAPPY MEMEING!!!!

(And everyone should please feel to contribute to the lolz even you don't want to participate in the contest or hate Asian beauty! I definitely see being unable to restrain myself and posting a few in the very near future.)

(Okay see I couldn't help it - I need to get in the first one lol

Bwhahaha this one gets me every time)

LET THE GAMES COMMENCE!

Comments

• RickyBRickyB Posts: 15Member
    @Jackiecupcake 's made me laugh. Wasn't expecting that face and the "Twas I..." when I scrolled down to the rest of the picture lol.
  • AirianAirian Posts: 92Member
    @sephrenia300, you are so generous, what an amazing thing to do!

@Kristy, love the complements to the chef!
  • KboutietteKboutiette Posts: 58Member
    edited June 11
    I haven't tried a lot of kbeauty but a
    Would love to try some. I don't love sheet masks but cleanser balms and other beauty and snacks would rock my world. I also been on the hunt for the foot masks I read about on the forum where the skin comes off in sheets. I gotta try that lol

Sharing my two favorites cause I can't pick just one!
  • GrishmaGrishma Posts: 92Member
    My two favorites (yes I'm brow-obsessed because they take an hour and still don't match!)

The first one is always a pet peeve (just cuz it's so subtle that you may miss it!)
  • BoerboelmomBoerboelmom Posts: 876Member
    This one cracks me up everytime! It's one of the few I've saved because I giggle a little whenever I see it :lol: what a generous giveaway and a great thread for some laughs.
  • BoerboelmomBoerboelmom Posts: 876Member
    @magoosmom I love that make up one, I so had that set as a kid :D I may have to keep that one as well. Here's a make up related one I found to send my husband when he said I was a hoarder haha
  • olive1924olive1924 Posts: 283Member
    This is my life. I'm a sucker for packaging. I'm half Korean and use Korean skin care. It's changed my skin actually and now my skin is so much more clear and less red. For skincare items I use banila clean it purity zero, low ph good morning gel, mizon snail recovery gel, Cosrx acne patch, etc. oh and different volcano and mud masks and skinfood strawberry mask. I order item directly from Korea. I've wondered the cost of items there since obviously whoever sends it to me has to be making money. Anyways, what a great giveaway! I hope your trip is awesome!
  • Origami99Origami99 Posts: 157Member
    @olive1924 yes! love the Banilla and especially the Mizon snail. I've tried a lot of other snail gels, but I always go back to mizon.