Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Losing or misplacing swap items.

jewlzjewlz Posts: 874Member
Has anyone else ever just lost swap items? I am pretty organized I thought and yet I didn't lose an item. I lost a BOX of items. Big items like the karl lagerfeld bag!! In my defense I just got back from vacation and before I left my college aged daughter and her bf moved their stuff in here to store for the summer. I feel like my box got mixed up with their stuff and may result in unpacking their entire storage, but it isn't preventing me from feeling total shame that I have so much "stuff" that it would possible for me to lose an entire box. It had high value items in in it too. Why couldn't it have been my box of random beauty or freebies that went missing??? Ugh. Please tell me I'm not alone because I'm feeling a lot of embarrassment right now and questioning if its possible for swapping to turn someone into an accidental hoarder lol.

Sidenote if you're swapping with me don't be panicked. The only 2 ppl impacted know about it and aren't shipping to me until its found I won't accept any other swap for any of these items until they are located.

Comments

• Jennifer3141Jennifer3141 Posts: 2,808Member
    @jewlz I'm right there with you, sister. Last fall I lost/misplaced an entire Pusheen box. I have no idea how I did that. Embarrassing g, irritating, and just plain weird.
  • ChristineDChristineD Posts: 58Member
    @jewlz You are definately not alone! I go into full blown panic the couple times this has happened to me. I am totally "Type A" and very organized. I have a 10-drawer color coded rack that contains items for swap, where each drawer is a specific category (eye, lip, cleanser, etc). I also have a bookshelf with bins for the larger items. For the most part this works flawlessly...except when I have too much swap crap!!! It is so sad, but there are times that all of those places are full, and I re-use Popsugar or Fabfit fun boxes to keep the overflow. When I go to my designated location to find an item and it isn't there, my blood pressure goes up and start to freak out! My husband thinks I am a nut case. Luckily in those few situations I have eventually been able to locate the item (but truthfully my husband sometimes looks for me so I can calm down). I absolutely hate the thought of letting someone down...I think that is the cause of anxiety with it. #TooMuchSwapS**tProblems
  • jewlzjewlz Posts: 874Member
    @ChristineD thank you. I feel somewhat more normal now lol.
  • CrystalsCrystals Posts: 1,076Member
    @jewlz You are completely normal and I've done this a few times. I really need to get organized, donate stuff and get rid of my swap stash. Eventually! We are about to swap, but take your time as I'm not in a hurry...
    @Annem thanks lol. And we're good. Your things were food items which are kept in a container that seals airtight in my pantry labeled HANDS OFF lol.
  • flirtmdflirtmd Posts: 588Member
    I misplace my swap items all the time. I never accept a swap until I have all my items lined up ready to ship. The plus side is I can then ship immediately. The down side is if that swap goes south I have to remember where I restashed those items for the next person who requests them.

If someone has requested a swap from me and it takes awhile for me to get back to you it means I am probably still looking for the item you requested!

Just remember… "Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer you get to the end, the faster it goes."
  • Jennifer3141Jennifer3141 Posts: 2,808Member
    @Jewlz Nope, Pusheen is MIA, and at this point, I think it's permanent.
  • SerandipityJSerandipityJ Posts: 84Member
    Since I have started swapping I have misplaced about a handful of items that were in an active swap, these are the ones I remember:

Patchology FlashMasque Trio 5 Minute Facial Sheets - I was able to find this, I completely tore apart my spare room where I store everything, to find out that it wasn't even in that room at all. I had put some items I was intending to keep in my bedroom closet and forgot about them.

Craving Cookbook - This one was a doozy! I tore apart my entire house looking for this stupid cookbook, and was looking for about 2 evenings straight. I eventually found it at the bottom of a pile of magazines that I had put aside for recycling, it was the exact same size as the magazines, and I just happened to notice it out of the corner of my eye. Still to this day I have no idea how it got there.

Cheers bottle opener - I knew I had put the bottle opener in my kitchen drawer with all my other various kitchen items, because I had gone back and forth on keeping it or swapping it. I went looking for it in that drawer when the swap was finalized, and it was nowhere to be found. I searched the kitchen, the spare room, and any where else it could possibly be. In a last ditch effort, I looked in the drawer again, taking each item out of the drawer, and there it was underneath this measuring spoon thing that was exactly the same size as it was that was indented so when I moved things around in the drawer, the bottle opener had moved with it! I almost bought one on ebay to replace it, and was so glad when I found it!

Keratin Combo Pack - Glove and Socks: I searched and searched for this thing for probably about a week, and finally admitted defeat due to exhaustion, and asked if the swapper wanted another item she was following as a replacement. Well, I recently set up a swap bin, and was moving everything from the multiple places I kept things in my spare room to the bin. I just happened to stumble across a box of random swap items I forgot I had in this box at the bottom of a random drawer, under a bunch of stuff, and there it was in that box. I think I included it as an extra with someone's swap, because at that point I felt weird relisting it.

Since implementing the swap bin I haven't had any issues with misplacing items. Now, I just put items in the bin if they don't have an immediate use, and take them out only if I intend on using them (like at that moment).
  • SaizaSaiza Posts: 1,841Member
    I've misplaced swap items a couple times or have given the item away only forgetting to take it off my profile page and then someone requests it later on. Mine was the damn seed starter thing from Serendipity, I accepted the swap, had the item and then misplaced it. I ran across it two more times but then would always misplace it again. It took me a month to swap for another one and send to the original swapee. The last time I found it it had been hiding out under my bed, and I finally threw it away lol.
    @SerandipityJ I have swap bins. Its and entire swap bin that's gone missing lol!
  • moniquemonique Posts: 722Member
    I keep almost all of my items in a RZ and OP box. I try to giveaway at least a quarter of my beauty as extras and this is where I almost got myself in trouble. I just add things that people might like, became distracted, and have forgotten to remove them from my listing page. I hate beauty items just sitting there after a couple of months, they deserve to be loved.Luckily I caught a request before I accepted and now I go directly to my page and remove the items.
    @monique i've had ppl request things i've given as freebies too!
  • RochelleRochelle Posts: 1,060Member
    @jewlz literally just did this recently too!