Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bralette recommendations for larger bust?

ducktorwhoducktorwho Posts: 488Member
edited June 15 in General
I hope it's ok to post this on here. I was reading Anna's review of the Wantable box and saw the cute bralette. It reminded me that I've been wanting to get one. However, I have a larger bust (D cup) and have had two kids, so I need quite a bit of support. I just want a cute one that I can wear around the house that has a decent amount of support and a bit of coverage. So many of them have no support or cause uniboob. Anyone have recommendations?

Comments

• sarasara Posts: 3,121Member
    There is one on sale at Costco right now which is pretty nice, and fairly supportive, since it's lined with a stretchy material, its kind of like a soft sports bra in terms of support. They only issue I had with it is that the straps are a little long for me, might have to break out the sewing machine- but I am short.
    I would love to swap- ask me for my profile!
  • ducktorwhoducktorwho Posts: 488Member
    Thanks @sara. Unfortunately, I don't have a Costco membership. Do you know what the brand is?
  • finlidanfinlidan Posts: 1,655Member
    I've given up on bralettes and instead just go for wireless bras that are sized to cup size or the sports bra looking ones that come in two packs at tj maxx and those places. HOWEVER, i have totally seen "full figured" bralettes at department stores!
    edited June 15
    Yeah, I have some wireless bras that I wear around the house, but they're really ugly. I'm not looking for something super sexy, but I'd like something a little cuter. Maybe I'll look around for some other wireless bras. Thanks. :)
  • finlidanfinlidan Posts: 1,655Member
    @ducktorwho target has a whole section of wireless bras and a lot of them are cute! comfort is in so there are way more options now
  • lalalalalala Posts: 1,349Member
    Is this the Costco one, @sara ?
    I feel the pain of @ducktorwho because I'm also a D, and sometimes just don't want an underwire.
    https://www.costco.com/Felina-Ladies’-2-pack-Lace-Bralette.product.100245743.html
  • sarasara Posts: 3,121Member
    Yes it is, @lalala!
    I would love to swap- ask me for my profile!
  • RubymomRubymom Posts: 71Member
    I second @sara about the bralettes from Costco. They are sized up to XL and fit true to size. Yes, straps are a bit long. @ducktorwho I would be happy to help you get some if that's your hearts desire. Around 2 for $12.99. I go t Costco often as its near my house. Just pm me. I hav also gotten a good one at Old Navy. I am a d also.
    Thanks so much for the offer @Rubymom. You're so sweet! I'll take a look and will let you know. :)
  • cleegiantscleegiants Posts: 1,548Member
    i second the request for recommendations! I do shop at costco but the felina one has long straps, it won't work for me. the adidas sports bra that came in the last box - the orange one - works for me and i could see myself wearing it when i don't want to go full bra.
  • LingLing Posts: 310Member
    Check out Knixwear for wireless. I like it that it have 2 tones depending on your mood, but they are not the lacy kind. They support a lot of sizes.
    http://swap.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/user/951/profile

Goal: Reduce, reduce, reduce. Only 6 months stash or less.
  • ikimashokieikimashokie Posts: 121Member
    Freya fancies has a bralette for bustier ladies.

I was dead surprised that I managed to fit in one at vs, but their service was terrible and I couldn't bring myself to spend money on something I didn't feel fit all that well anyway. I'm too used to being lifted and separated as well, I'm not paying $$$ for droopy uniboob.