Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free bonus mystery box from Bespoke Post problem (resolved)

AACAAC Posts: 170Member
edited June 22 in All Other Boxes
I went ahead and ordered the Bespoke Post box because of MSA's promo where you get a free bonus mystery box. There were a couple of comments that people got an actual additional box when someone asked. Well, I got it today and it's a tiny black box. I haven't opened it yet because I didn't sign up for that! I thought I was getting a free second box! Do you guys know why some people got a real second box but I got a little black box? I swear these things only happen to me!

Edited to add: ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED. THANKS EVERYONE!
Post edited by AAC on

Comments

• finlidanfinlidan Posts: 1,515Member
    What's inside the box though? And I vaguely remember a promotion that was a free box a while ago but idk bespoke post isn't my bag
  • AACAAC Posts: 170Member
    finlidan said:

What's inside the box though? And I vaguely remember a promotion that was a free box a while ago but idk bespoke post isn't my bag

I haven't opened it in case they need me to send it back to them to exchange. But it's like the size of a birchbox. It's TINY.
  • sarasara Posts: 2,478Member
    I remember a review by Eric that talked about a bonus "black box". It listed the items inside. I would go back and look at exactly what the promo said and then reach out to Bespoke post if you didn't get what was advertised. Also, if you look at the promo post, there might be other comments from people who ordered at the same time you did, it would be interesting to see what they got. Sorry, such a bummer to be disappointed like this!
  • SaizaSaiza Posts: 1,761Member
    They accept returns on boxes. Their customer service is pretty good and they take returns on opened boxes.
    > @Saiza said:
    > They accept returns on boxes. Their customer service is pretty good and they take returns on opened boxes.

My order specifically said no returns on the bonus box - so I'm not taking any chances.
  • lisatratolisatrato Posts: 662Member
    @AAC as i remember it, the promotion was for a free mystery box which usually is their "black box" and isn't a full size bespoke post box-usually a tie or socks with a pocket tool or something like that. I haven't seen them do a free month with purchase before, but can see why this would be a huge misunderstanding. I would try and find the specific review where you saw it said there was a free month and email them with the verbiage of the post and let them know that you feel mislead by the wording. I hope this helps, and that they can correct the problem-or let you return the items. :)
    edited June 16
    Ah it just says free bonus box with the promo code with a $45 value. They've sent small stuff before. And without opening the box who knows what you actually got and if it being small makes it crappy. I just saw the comments and the sample size is 2 people who saw what their mystery box was called. Did you see what yours was called? Also we have no way of verifying what they did or did not actually receive. It's anecdotal evidence. EDIT: this isn't meant as snarky as it sounds. Just pointing out what I saw on the post
    Post edited by finlidan on
  • GadilikiGadiliki Posts: 285Member
    I signed up with same promo and the extra was noted as a mystery box. Mine had four items in it: a pair of socks, a visor, a bottle of hot sauce and a bottle of bitters. I thought it was a great bonus and allowed me to see some of the other items they offer.
  • GlowingAmberGlowingAmber Posts: 23Member
    @finlidan @AAC I commented on that post. I had missed the step where I put in the promo code, and emailed CS, who added the bonus box manually. I ended up with the box "Fresh", which had 3 little travel bags for undies, shoes, and dirties, a sweater stone, a little bottle of detergent, and 2 cedar hangers. If you did get the black box, the contents are pretty nice. As for mine, it was just "meh".
    @GlowingAmber oh interesting! yeah i'd prefer the black box that was reviewed a few months ago too. It had some neat stuff like a key fob, socks, etc
  • SchriftstellerinSchriftstellerin Posts: 88Member
    I got this bonus box--thinking during Black Friday promos, though. At the time, they were pretty clear (or at least Eric was; maybe Bespoke Post was not so much?) that it was a bonus and not a whole new box. Totally get the disappointment though!!

I really like this sub and that you can pick and skip--my husband has gotten a lot of great things for birthday/anniversary/holidays.
  • joiedevie99joiedevie99 Posts: 696Member
    I don't think anyone got a free full second box - that wasn't the promo. People just got different sets of mystery box stuff.
    finlidan said:

Ah it just says free bonus box with the promo code with a $45 value. They've sent small stuff before. And without opening the box who knows what you actually got and if it being small makes it crappy. I just saw the comments and the sample size is 2 people who saw what their mystery box was called. Did you see what yours was called? Also we have no way of verifying what they did or did not actually receive. It's anecdotal evidence. EDIT: this isn't meant as snarky as it sounds. Just pointing out what I saw on the post

The mystery box isn't the same as the monthly box. The mystery box is like their clearance box of randoms. I had no intention of biting for that - which is why I didn't subscribe when they were actually very clear about offering their black mystery box. In their ad, Bespoke also had a photo of 2 of their monthly boxes stacked on top of each other versus a photo of the black monthly box.

I don't think anyone got a free full second box - that wasn't the promo. People just got different sets of mystery box stuff.

Yes, the people commented below the MSA post that they received full monthly boxes.
  • lisatratolisatrato Posts: 662Member
    @AAC i reached out to bespoke post (because i referred a friend recently) and they said that they did not have a promotion with a free full bespoke box. It was always intended to be the mystery box-which just so happens to be a box of randoms, some good, some not so great-but still a "free box" and as @finlidan said it usually has a $45 value. If the comments on the MSA site said they received full monthly boxes, that must have been a mistake because they mentioned they don't do that. I would give them a call. They are super friendly and very wonderful to work with.
    @lisatrato I just wasted my time calling them. Spoke with "Kelsey" and they said they can send me whatever they wanted for the mystery box - whether it was a random assortment in a black box or a real box they sell. I explained that it wasn't clear and I signed up because their ad showed 2 real boxes and people reported getting real boxes - I was just hoping to get a real box. They told me nope, not gonna happen. I can return my whole order and cancel. So nope, customer service sucked. I will never order from them again.
  • Origami99Origami99 Posts: 157Member
    I, too, got the "fresh" box as my extra box. I thought it was great (esp for free!) - Sweater stone, 4 "men in cities" bags for protecting shoes and sorting clothes while traveling, a good sized (300ml) bottle of detergent for delicates, and two really solid and fragrant cedar hangers. Perhaps not the sexiest box, but all extremely useful items!!
    BTW - the black box actually says Black Friday box. Thanks Bespoke Post for my box of leftover crap that you couldn't get rid of 7 months ago.
    @chris @Liz Cadman You guys might want to update your post from the promo - that it could be a random box of crap instead of a real box. That was not disclosed ANYWHERE by Bespoke.
  • GlowingAmberGlowingAmber Posts: 23Member
    Whether or not you got a black box or a "real" box, they're all useful items. Did you ever end up opening the black box to see if it was the one reviewed a while back? Regardless, it was free, and maybe someone who got a "real" box would like to trade for whatever you got.
  • EliseElise Posts: 432Member
    The post says it is a mystery box which means it could be anything. I don't think it was false advertising. & allowing you to return both boxes sounds like a good solution to me if you're unhappy. Sounds like good customer service IMO...
  • sarasara Posts: 2,478Member
    @AAC, I totally understand your frustration because you had a different expectation. But as I recall, the small box was coveted and well reviewed. It sounds like others also got random items. Since they will let you return it for a refund, have you considered opening it to see if you like the items? Might be better than a few pairs of socks and some delicate wash... if you don't care for it, send it back! That's more than I have heard allowed for mystery boxes, usually.
  • Em1Em1 Posts: 1,009Member
    @AAC I checked out the blog post you're referring to and it totally makes sense why you assumed what you did, especially given the picture. I think I would assume the same thing. And the comments from people saying what "full size" box they got makes your situation sound even more odd and unfair. I would call Bespoke Post again and ask to speak to someone else. I've always felt satisfied with their customer service.
    @sara @Elise @GlowingAmber I guess I come from the point of view that I avoided subbing to Bespoke Post during the entire black box promo because I didn't like any of the items people were getting. So 7 months later, when it seemed like they were offering a real box as the bonus box, I bit. Was so not expecting a Black Friday box in June. And they made their ad purposely showing a second full box instead of the mini black box. It's just disappointing - but yep, I'm sending it back and washing my hands of it. Learning experience for me. Will always confirm directly before subbing from now on.

@Em1 Exactly. Thank you for articulating it better than I could. I've already spoken to 2 people there (one via email and one via phone) and it's the same "I don't see a problem. We didn't promise you a specific box." answer.
    BTW, I'm super jealous about all the great CS posts I keep seeing on the forums. Why can I ever work with a CS rep who isn't trying to tell me to go jump?
    @AAC have you opened the box? Since they're letting you return it might as well see what it is.
  • Randi2Randi2 Posts: 1,826Member
    I feel like someone needs to insert a "what's in the box" meme here :smiley:
    edited June 16
    @finlidan @Randi2 I'm at work - so will open and take pics when I get home. Toothpaste? Shoelaces? Any guesses? The box is TINY. Like a Birchbox or Allure box size.
  • Randi2Randi2 Posts: 1,826Member
    The other one had the F word... so the kitty will have to do
    @Randi2 lol I'm starting to feel like I'm on Reddit waiting to see what's in some old safe. My guess is it's a bit of cobwebs and an expired tea bag or something
  • entwashianentwashian Posts: 1,025Member
    @AAC at least you know it WON'T be lipstick for ants! :joy: