Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rose et Marius Tumblers--dishwasher safe???

KathleenA57KathleenA57 Posts: 163Member
I just received an ReM tumbler set that I bought from Frontgate. On the information card that came with it, it said to "put it in the dishwasher" after the candle is finished. I don't know, but this doesn't seem like a good idea to me. Has anyone tested this out?

Comments

• AACAAC Posts: 170Member
    Maybe contact ReM? That doesn't seem right to me, isn't it going to scratch the exterior?
  • JennGJennG Posts: 2,384Member
    I'm pretty sure the gold/silver trim is not dishwasher safe
  • Jennifer3141Jennifer3141 Posts: 2,453Member
    I asked RetM customer service this question several months ago. I was told that the tumblers are dishwasher safe (top rack only). But then the rep told me that she handwashes hers. I took that to mean that I can use the dishwasher, but I should handwash.

:wink:
  • janemockingjayjanemockingjay Posts: 590Member
    I've been wondering how to get the wax residue out once the candle is finished. Anyone have tips on that? My first thought was hair dryer cuz that works awesome for my wax tarts after they harden but I know candle wax is a whole new ballgame....
  • Randi2Randi2 Posts: 1,826Member
    @janemockingjay
    Someone posted this previously... but I can't remember who - but I was so excited to have details that I copied and pasted it into my notes

Tips on easy candle remnant removal from the ceramic containers: 
    1) wipe out all the soot with paper towel
    2) put in the freezer at least overnight to let the wax harden and use a knife with a rounded, dull edge to carefully break up and remove the remaining wax - do NOT try to use the knife to remove the metal candle-wick base, it's attached with some wicked persistent adhesive
    3) cover the metal wick base with rubbing alcohol and let sit for a few hours and then use the knife to remove the base and any remaining adhesive
    4) wash well and fill with hot water and let sit for an hour or so and then the label on the bottom will remove easily.
    5) enjoy your container! 
  • janemockingjayjanemockingjay Posts: 590Member
    Thanks @Randi2 that's very helpful!
    @janemockingjay I know right?!?

Honestly though, someone else deserves full credit for it, I just copied and pasted her genius tips
    @Treat_Choself deserves full credit for the wax removal tips!! :heart:
  • KathleenA57KathleenA57 Posts: 163Member
    Well, I'm definitely going to stick with hand washing mine--and thanks for the wax removal tips @Randi2 and @Treat_Choself !