Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try Home Chef Today

Has anyone successfully used a Robb Vices Equinox credit?

MishaFazeliMishaFazeli Posts: 120Member
Hi, I recently got a hold of one of the Equinox personal training credits that I planned on gifting, and wanted to know if anyone has successfully used one yet since I've been seeing a few comments about being turned away. Because it's a gift I would hate to put someone in that position. I also emailed their CS and haven't gotten a response yet. Anyone? Thanks a bunch

Comments

• lisadlisad Posts: 2,292Member
    I also swapped for one for my daughter but she has not tried to use it yet.
  • MishaFazeliMishaFazeli Posts: 120Member
    Hi, just wanted to share this- I emailed Robb Vices and this was their response:
    "Dear Misha,

Thank you for reaching out. We are not currently aware of any issues regarding the Equinox vouchers. Please let us know where you read this information and we will investigate the matter! If your recipients encounter any issues with the vouchers, please have them reach out to us immediately and we will make sure the situation is rectified!

Sincerely,

The Robb Vices Support Team"
  • sophsophsophsoph Posts: 15Member
    Tried this at two locations in Chicago yesterday... Neither had ever heard of the voucher before and seemed somewhat confused. One of them asked me to clarify a couple of times because "they never put a voucher in a Robb Vices box." the first location I went to straight up told me I had to plan a session well in advance, and they weren't sure how it would work since I'm not already a member of Equinox. The second location also didn't have anything available that day and said to contact them a few days or something before showing up so they can schedule something.

Unfortunately I don't actually live in Chicago and the voucher just says to show up and give them to voucher, nothing about contacting them in advance to schedule something, so... I wasn't able to use the voucher. Hopefully I'll be back before the voucher expires...

On the plus side, I was able to go to Soul Cycle and do one of their classes, and that was a great experience and everyone was nothing but kind and accommodating.
  • PlaidGirlPlaidGirl Posts: 863Member
    @sophsoph Did you contact Robb Vices about what you ran into? In the comment above yours it sounds like they want to hear if people are having trouble redeeming the vouchers. I have a voucher that I haven't used yet but am kinda nervous about using it because I don't want to deal with the drama. Thanks for sharing your experience though.
    PM me for my swap profile. :)
  • joiedevie99joiedevie99 Posts: 868Member
    I can't imagine that they could accommodate walk-ins for this. Even for members, we have to schedule well in advance for personal training. When I did it, I had recurring appointments and they could barely accommodate if I had to reschedule one - although I'm sure some locations are less busy than others.
  • NightshiftNightshift Posts: 2,092Member
    Just contacted 4 Equinox locations in NYC trying to use the voucher and no one had a clue about what I was talking about. I did get the emails of the personal training managers to contact them directly about it, so we'll see.
    I just called my closest location and they hadn't heard of the Robb Vices voucher, but they were super accommodating and helpful! I have 2 vouchers that I gifted to my dad and brother and I mentioned that I was calling in advance to make sure they don't have any trouble when they decide to use them and the employee I spoke to took their info and made files for both of them them that indicated that the gym would honor the passes. Hopefully everyone else has the same positive experience I had! I do think it's super annoying that Equinox appears to be unaware of the Robb Vices vouchers - not sure what went wrong there, but at least it worked out!
  • RochelleRochelle Posts: 1,106Member
    I have my Equinox voucher available for swap but my son did successfully use one of the Jose Andres vouchers and was very happy with the experience!

He said his server didn't know what the voucher was at first but said he would find out and was nice about it. He came back with glasses of sparkling wine for both my son & his date and an appetizer to share. They had a nice dinner and my son was thrilled with getting the extra drinks and appetizer for free! And it worked for Jose Andres restaurants because he now loves the restaurant and will be back!
    I used the SoulCycle voucher today and they were awesome about it! Super helpful and accommodating and the instructor was so sweet. It was a really great experience.

One of the Equinox managers called me back and said that she reached out to the marketing department to see what was going on. Hopefully, I'll be able to use mine.
    Two more Equinox locations contacted. Two more, "Huh? Never heard of such a thing"s. However, one location said to just come in with the voucher and they would figure something out, so here's hoping!
    @Nightshift I'm anxious about using the Equinox voucher because I don't want to go to a bunch of locations and have them look at me blankly and then wait for them to figure it out. It's disappointing that there was a communication gap between RV and Equinox about this. I feel like most people's experiences have been similar to yours. Keep me updated on how it turns out.
    edited July 21
    @PlaidGirl After hearing other people's experiences, I'm calling each one to see what's going on before I show up. It's too hot out to trek around the city :)

ETA: The one location that said to come in with the voucher said they were "sure it's valid" so it shouldn't be a problem to use it.
    Update: Today, I went to the location where the personal training general manager said just to show up. I got a lot of blank looks and whoever I spoke to on Friday either wasn't there or didn't remember. Someone went to check the voucher and he said he couldn't find any evidence of any sort of promotion. But, he was willing to schedule something for me. I declined bc that location is a little out of my way to get to and I'm hoping that one of the 5 I have to pass to get to that one agrees.

Another point: even though nowhere on the voucher does it say "one per customer" or anything like that, he said they would not honor more than one per person. It's a little confusing to me since, in my mind, what difference does it make? You handed out, say 100 vouchers, so you are clearly willing to schedule 100 personal training session (minus a bunch since some people will not redeem). What difference does it make to you if 100 people get trained or only 80? Anyone have any thoughts?
  • nelliebelle1197nelliebelle1197 Posts: 2,484Member
    @Nightshift the point of such vouchers are to get people to sign up. 80 people using 80 vouchers is 80 potential customers. One person using 80 vouchers is someone basically trying to get the product for free and 79 potential customers lost. The trainers likely get paid per session, which means you would be taking 80 hours of paid training from a trainer as one single person and even if you signed up after that, it's about a year of trainer's time lost for one person. There is a massive cost to the studio for that. We stopped doing group ons and free test classes at the yoga studio I work at because of people using the offers with no intention of signing up over and over. The business gained vs the cost made it not worth it at all.
  • ChristinaChristina Posts: 160Member
    Completely understand why they would only want one per customer, but what are the terms given? You said there's nothing like that on the voucher? That is concerning to me.
    @Christina The terms are "Bring this postcard to the front desk at any Equinox club for a complimentary personal training session. Expires 12.31.17. Applies to Tier 1-3 only."

The problem is that no Equinox club that I've contacted so far has head of this. I'm going to try and find the contact info for their marketing department or something.
    @Nightshift what about calling Robb Vices customer service number and making them deal with Equinox directly it for you?
    @MishaFazeli I did. They assured me they would look into it, but I've heard nothing yet.
    @LetsGeaux Lololololol!!!! So true! Do you watch Unbreakable Kimmy Schmitt? They have a SoulCycle/cult episode and it is hilarious!
  • LetsGeauxLetsGeaux Posts: 1,778Member
    @Nightshift I don't watch it, but I WILL NOW! :p
    I'm going to bed and bracing myself for another 30 minutes bonding with Equinox's on hold music when I call them tomorrow. I'm starting to think that these vouchers were the last, rage filled act of a disgruntled Equinox and/or Robb Vices marketing employee before they put their foot through their desk and quit in spectacular fashion. Now, anyone who comes in contact with their cursed brain child hates the companies as much as they did.
    Guys, I called Equinox Corporate. Guess what? No one knows anything about the voucher there either!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sticking to my previous theory. Someone in Equinox marketing secretly printed 10,000 of these, secretly sent them to RV and then just up and quit without saying a word to a single soul!

However, the nice lady I spoke to assured me that she would look into it.
    edited August 1
    Corporate called me back. I had emailed them some pictures of the vouchers and she said she had looked at them and asked what the issue was. "I haven't been able to use them! Everywhere I take them, I just get blank looks." She thanked me for the clarification and assured me that someone would get back to me in a day or two.

@MishaFazeli Were your dad and your brother able to use the vouchers in the end? Does Equinox just hate me? Has anyone else been able to use them?
    Post edited by Nightshift on
    @Nightshift Thanks for being the head crusader of this equinox mystery. I'm tuning into every post with rapt attention hoping that you get to the bottom of this mystery and pave the way for me. :) I don't think equinox hates you. I just think you're the only one who's gotten this far. :wink:
  • lalalalalala Posts: 1,397Member
    @Nightshift I'm not even holding these vouchers, and I don't get RV because it's out of my price range...but I am totally in awe of your story, and I keep checking back to see what progress you've made. It's amazing that these vouchers are out there, and no one seems to have a clue...
    @Nightshift they haven't used them yet! I had a great experience with my local Equinox's customer service, but can't tell you for sure if it works out until they use them..I'll report back!