Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5th Avenue Style - Summer Limited Edition Box (MIA)

SimmerkittySimmerkitty Posts: 8Member
I'm getting antsy to receive my Summer Box. It is now July 10th and I haven't received shipment confirmation. It was suppose to ship out June 20th. I understand that 5th Avenue had previously notified members that there was an issue with the handbags not arriving in time, but we were told to expect a 1-week delay. As of tomorrow, the delay will be 3-weeks. Has anyone received their Summer box? How many people are still waiting for shipping confirmation? Does anyone have a more recent update as to when we can expect shipment?

Comments

• BlackberryBlackberry Posts: 1,377Member
    I believe they told me it would be around July 15th.
  • Jennifer3141Jennifer3141 Posts: 2,662Member
    I'm still waiting. I got the same email last month about the one week delay. Nothing since.
  • jamzillijamzilli Posts: 419Member
    Oh, I didn't get any notice of a delay with the bags actually! Maybe I got a diff bag, but my box hasn't shipped either.

I'm anxious to see what I get, especially since this will be my first box. At the same time, the #1 thing I've heard is that they are very slow to ship, so I did expect this.

My box is processing, on it's way to being shipped, and has been since June 28th....
    I just found it - they told me "as per our schedule we start shipping our Summer VIP boxes after July 15th".
  • SimmerkittySimmerkitty Posts: 8Member
    @Blackberry - Did you receive that info via email recently? Not sure why 5th Ave would reference their schedule when their schedule was actually June 20th originally.
  • joiedevie99joiedevie99 Posts: 775Member
    I haven't received any delay notice. I just got the order processing email around the end of June.
    Yes I was talking with them about when my next VIP box I had paid for would show up and this is what they told me. It was like 2 days ago.
    edited July 11
    @Blackberry Pffft. That is not what they said during the spoilers/ordering time! End of June is what they said then...

Edit: If I'm remember correctly, that is
    Here is the info on their website and it agrees with what they told me:

https://5avenuestyle.com/product/quarterly-vip-subscription-box/
    In any case, I've been really happy with their customer service and I was prepared for delays....I just really want to see my items! I am going to be really excited if they somehow nailed my taste.
    Oh!!! Sorry - this for the Quarterly VIP Box, not the Summer LED box. I'm not sure when yours ships out. I'm so sorry.
  • Miaow23Miaow23 Posts: 141Member
    Mine shipped July 3rd and arrived July 5th. I don't know what ended up being in my box, cause I had it shipped to my parents' place (I'm in Canada and won't get it for a few more weeks) but it might have to do with what bag you requested? I was pretty open and gave them three or four choices for my bags, so maybe that's why I got mine already...? Might have to ask my mom to open it, cause now I'm worried I got some crap box lol...
    @Miaow23 Are you more worried that it might be crappy because they didn't spend as much time on it? :wink: I wish you had it so we could see pics!
  • Miaow23Miaow23 Posts: 141Member
    @jamzilli, yes exactly Lol. This is the first time I've purchased a box from them so I hope it's good.
    I sent an email to 5th Avenue yesterday & received the identical blanket email I received the week before when I asked about the status. I emailed them letting them know that I received the same response the week prior and ask them to please provide me with the ETA their purse supplier provided them. They said that they anticipate receiving the purses next week. So, if that is the case, I imagine that it will take additional time to ship the box out, thus by the time I get the box, it with be 1 month late. I've had an issue with them not shipping out boxes on time in the past, up to 5-6 weeks late.

I'm also curious as to why 5th Ave doesn't ship us what they have ready, and ship out the handbags when they arrive.

Honestly, I want to love this company, but the delays are frustrating. Even so, I'd be ok with the delays if they proactively communicated with me about the delays, instead of me having to follow up with them. After the LLB disaster, I'm leary about boxes that have issues on a regular basis.
    You won't get better customer service than 5th Avenue. I get and have gotten most of the sub boxes out there - especially "luxe" boxes. 5th Avenue is the best when it comes to customer service - their patience with me (and to be honest, mine with them as well) has been superior and they go above and beyond to make sure you are happy with what you get. You have no fear when ordering a box with them - you WILL be happy because they will do whatever it takes to ensure your happiness. Its like your best friend has started a sub box and you can always know that things will be okay. All you have to do is tell them and they make it right. Yes, sometimes you have to ask/tell several times, but eventually it is made right. Persistence, patience and kindness/civility are the key.
  • MegsMegs Posts: 5Member
    Customer service is great and they responded pretty quickly when I asked them about an updated delivery date... the purse I wanted was one of the mustaers ones and it's white in color- not likely going to be able to use this much more than a month once/if it arrives... I'm a bit disappointed as this is my first box.. They did say they're going to send a "gift" with the box though as a "thank you" for understanding about the delay :neutral:
    Their customer service is amazing. They got back to me instantly and offered to switch out the bag I ordered for another more expensive bag they have in stock. I decided to wait for the one I ordered since I picked a fall/winter color anyway.
    Has anyone gotten the complimentary anniversary gift? You had to be a member. I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I'll ask anyway... :smiley:
  • nburlakovanburlakova Posts: 3Member
    I concure with all comments about amazing customer service. These guys do make you feel like you are their number one customer. They get back within couple hours of the request and their response is always polite and right to the point. Love them!
    Well, we are now 1 month past the indicated ship date and still I have no tracking information. I logged into my 5th Avenue account for a status as to my Summer box and guess what, it is STILL processing. Has anyone received any new updates as to when the handbags are to arrive?

It would be nice if 5th Avenue would keep us updated instead of us having to seek updates.
  • 2crazyspaniels2crazyspaniels Posts: 193Member
    I got my tracking today! Like everyone else, I got the vague "processing" email a few weeks back and then radio silence. I figured I'd follow up next week, but I got tracking (and a working link!) my box should arrive Monday.
  • LuluLulu Posts: 217Member
    Did anyone else get a message that their bag would arrive from Paris this week?
    @Lulu I did! They said my bag should arrive this week.
  • aggieaggie Posts: 162Member
    I got my box today! Although I am not sure if my box is the same box that everyone is talking about here... I got a Luana bag and Les Georgettes bracelet. They are lovely!!
    Anyone else get their box? I got mine but I think I have to contact CS about it. Speaking of -- what would you consider an issue for the condition of a bag? My bag has creases in the leather on either side, and kind of more 'defined' than I think is reasonable. My necklace arrived broken (though fixable) and I think the earrings and the necklace aren't to my taste. I think I like the ring, though it's pretty big!

I'll post pics if you guys will!
    I got my box and I love it!! I got the Mutsaers Galore in cognac, a narrow rose gold Les Georgettes with white/turquoise leather, and two black Rivka Friedman bangles that I love. I also got a silver Swarovski crystal key necklace that is nice, but not something I'll get a lot of use out of. I listed it for swap.
    I got Karine Sultan necklace and earrings, Rivka Friedman ring (in rose quartz, not the white mother of pearl pictured below, and the Mutsaers Galore in Rose.