Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Price Alert on Certain Products?

sarita3sarita3 Posts: 127Member
Does anyone know if there's some type of price alert app or website for certain beauty products? I would love for an app to check multiple web pages and alert me if a website is having a deal on one of my favorite items. Does that make sense? Anyone ever hear of something like that?

Comments

• sarita3sarita3 Posts: 127Member
    Guess nothing like this exists? lol
  • KboutietteKboutiette Posts: 72Member
    I struggle with this too and only have a finite amount to spend on beauty and I am a sucker for a good deal. I just did some searching on this topic and there are a few tools that do this but many of them only work on Amazon. I think I am going to give Slice Watch a try. Its a Chrome add on and per the company site it tracks sites like Amazon, Sephora, Nordstrom, Macy's, Walmart and Target along with others. I can't speak to how it works cause I am just installing it now but it's free so worth a shot.
  • sarita3sarita3 Posts: 127Member
    Ok interesting @Kboutiette! Let me know how it works. I know that you can set up price alerts for certain websites (like amazon) but something that searches across the web would be great!!!
  • sarasara Posts: 3,119Member
    edited July 23
    @saraw, I find that when I just put the product name in my search bar, I get a pretty good idea of price breaks through the ads that come up below. I like that better than price alerts because I'm not being cued to buy the product when I don't need it. It will even give me the eBay price on the item if someone is selling it. ... If I put "dermstore" in the search bar, for example, it will pop up all the best discounts Dermstore has running, and apply the coupons for me. These are the advantages that keep me shopping in my browser instead of apps.
    Post edited by chris on
    I would love to swap- ask me for my profile!