Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Globe In Club - Confusion and Quality?

Maureen_BMaureen_B Posts: 383Member
Hi Ladies! So I tried globe in club, the $10/month for one item. I actually did it more for access to the discounted add ons than for whatever item was coming. That said, I wasn't able to add on anything for the month of July - I never got an email notifying me that add ons were open, and when I went to the shop they were full price.

Then, the items themselves don't seem to be worth the $10 even. One was a cotton fabric headband, and another a printed canvas shopping tote (VERY light weight and unwashable or it would shrink even more - think Goldentote totes).

I'm conflicted, I want to love it but it just doesn't seem that smooth! What do other subscribers think? Am I missing something with add ons?

Comments

• gillepgillep Posts: 438Member
    I only did Globein Club for one month (headband month) and I did receive emails regarding when add-ons were open (I actually thought they sent way too many emails). Did you check your spam folder? I also signed up just for the add-ons, as I wanted the wine glasses and water glasses, and as ad-ons they were a good price. I added on one of each with my box, and decided that they just would not work for me, so I cancelled my subscription. I really liked the headband, and use it all the time, I think a lot of the 'worth' has to do with the sourcing of the items, and the benefit that the artisans get.
  • jamzillijamzilli Posts: 486Member
    Yikes! Oh well, I guess I only spent $5 on this.
  • oniontearsoniontears Posts: 228Member
    When they first started Club, I think the items were better (small handbag I use frequently, small bowl from Le Souk, scarf). But I cancelled after they increased prices and sent that tote bag.
  • Maureen_BMaureen_B Posts: 383Member
    @Jennifer3141 thank you SOOOO MUCH for dummy proofing it for me :)
  • GeorgiaGeorgia Posts: 481Member
    I don't always love the actual item (just received a jewelry roll which is pretty but I have one) but I love the add-ons because I have been successful in completing a set of glasses, the beautiful vases, and obtaining rare and interesting items for my kitchen and home.
  • KseniiaKseniia Posts: 32Member
    @Jennifer3141 Thanks for this explanation! Do you know if it possible to order add-ons while skipping a month of what is now a Premium Box? Or add-ons only work together with the box?
  • Jennifer3141Jennifer3141 Posts: 2,960Member
    edited August 10
    @Kseniia If you skip, you're shut out from the add ons for that month. I've skipped the Artisan Box a couple of times and that's how it worked.
    Post edited by Jennifer3141 on
  • Maureen_BMaureen_B Posts: 383Member
    Ok, got my club last night - wtf is it? It's not a table runner, it's more place mat sized - I guess I'll put it under a plant or something but.... then again, I loved my add ons!
  • gillepgillep Posts: 438Member
    Just an fyi for people to keep a look out, I cancelled my club subscription back in June and received a confirmation of the cancellation however, I just received the August club box. Customer service took a couple days to get back to me, and said that somehow my subscription had reactivated, but I wouldn't be charged.

I love the quality of the August item but it isn't very practical, the colors also don't go with anything in my house.