Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good Lipsticks/Tinted Lip Balms with SPF?

the_whirlwind_girlthe_whirlwind_girl Posts: 26Member
I've been looking for a nice, affordable lipstick or tinted lip balm with SPF. I wish Julep would come back with a Lip Shade that works! Anybody have any reccomendations?

Comments

• AACAAC Posts: 349Member
    @the_whirlwind_girl what do you consider affordable? I <3 the fresh sugar line. But at $24/tube, it's probably not "affordable". I also love softlips, but I don't think they make a tinted line. I've tried a bunch of others in my beauty boxes and don't like any of them.
    Ask me for my swap profile. :#
  • JackiecupcakeJackiecupcake Posts: 689Member
    Sugar (they're sold at Sephora) has a line with SPF, they're a little pricey but a great product. I think Maybelline Baby Lips has one with SPF as well, and they're a lot cheaper.
  • the_whirlwind_girlthe_whirlwind_girl Posts: 26Member
    @AAC I think I'd consider under $30 decently affordable, as ling as the product lives up to price! :)
  • Treat_ChoselfTreat_Choself Posts: 191Member
    I don't love any of them, honestly. As someone who has to wear sunscreen everywhere if I'm spending any time at all outside, I like the Sunbum or Coola regular chapstick type balms for untinted, and when I want to wear lipstick I just use regular lipstick and then cover it with one of the Supergoop lip sunscreens. They claim the Acai one is tinted but my lips are pretty pale and it barely shows up!
  • AACAAC Posts: 349Member

@AAC I think I'd consider under $30 decently affordable, as ling as the product lives up to price! :)

Try to swap for a sample to see if you like it. It's hands down my favorite!
    Ask me for my swap profile. :#
  • KdamindaKdaminda Posts: 2Member
    edited July 26
    My favorite is the Neutrogena revitalizing lip balm SPF 20. I started using it for skiing and never stopped. There are a few colors available. It's around $8.
  • MariekMariek Posts: 195Member
    edited July 26
    Agree with everyone on the fresh. They are tinted just the right amount and are so moisturizing. As for affordable...they're a bit pricey. But if you wait till the holidays, they always have great kits at a discounted price at Sephora
  • sarita3sarita3 Posts: 113Member
  • bunneebunnee Posts: 206Member
    I like Babo Botanicals - they have three tinted shades and one untinted. SPF 15, $9.95 on their site, cheaper from some other stores. Cruelty free and does not dry out my lips - I have an issue with a lot of lip products no matter how natural they are. Not sure if I got mine in a box or as an extra in a swap, but I love it!
  • SJPSJP Posts: 1,955Member
    The Julep lip shades were SO great! I forgot about mine---I'll have to pull it out again. (Not for sun protection, obviously, since it's from last year.) I wish they would have released those again this summer!

I'm a big fan of the Fresh lip treatment---a good friend gave me a set of 12 minis for Christmas last year & I've been saving my favorites because I love them so much. I love the mini sizes & I'm sad that they are hard to find right now.

I did get a teeny tiny sample of the Supergoop lip SPF & I like it, but it is not tinted at all so you'd have to wear it over lipstick or a lip liner for color.
  • the_whirlwind_girlthe_whirlwind_girl Posts: 26Member
    Thanks everybody for the suggestions! I'll definitely be looking for some of the ones you all have mentioned. :)

@SJP I actually use mine every now and then since it's so smooth and buttery! Plus, the sleek gunmetal magnetic case is way too cool. I just wish the SPF was still there.
  • jennifercarrolljennifercarroll Posts: 3Member
    Maybelline Baby Lips and lakme lip love lip care are my favorite. :)