Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try Home Chef Today

Comments

• JackiecupcakeJackiecupcake Posts: 898Member
    @woodworthma - awesome deal! You can also post these great deals in the "Sales" posting if you don't want to make a new discussion each time. :)
  • LittleLionLittleLion Posts: 253Member
    Thanks!! If anyone gets one, they should post a pic of the shade they got here so we can see! :)
  • PlaidGirlPlaidGirl Posts: 863Member
    Anyone else go to this? I saw on FB there were some crazy long lines! I lucked out and went to a newly opened MAC near my house. The line was manageable. I just drove by another store in the neighborhood and there was a line down the street of 100+ people! :astonished:
    PM me for my swap profile. :)
    @PlaidGirl - ooh, what shade did you get?? I went to my local MAC early, but the lines were sooo crazy!! I waited in it a little while and then saw an employee walking by with her arm stretched out. She had lippie swatches all over her arm showing the only colors they had left were neon blues and greens. So at least I didn't wait in line all day, but still left with nothing :'(

For anyone out there who got one/has had their makeup before, what do you think? Believe it or not, I've never tried it. I love that they have so many shades and formulas, but at the same time, I'm super overwhelmed by all that and can't be arsed to sift through the 20 nude pink shades that are all very similar... They seem to have a cool recycling program, but how do you lovely forum members feel about their quality, value, longevity, etc?
  • LisaBLisaB Posts: 1,691Member
    @LittleLion I actually used to work for MAC years ago. They really cater to the makeup industry in that their products are all highly pigmented and used for camera and print so you get true color that lasts! I think their prices are good, def in line with the higher end makeup lines. Love the "back to MAC" program. Absolutely suggest trying out some stuff! If you want a good nude lip try spice lip pencil and Twig lipstick...2 of their best selling items. I would definitely suggest asking the artists that work there to help you out. They know the line and can narrow it down for you so it doesn't get overwhelming! Hope that helps!
    @LisaB - ooh, thanks for the suggestion!! It looked too busy for a walk through today and I'm sure the artists were stressed, but I'll stop in another time. I'll look into those shades, too! Hehe, you always are so knowledgeable on products! :D <3
  • PlaidGirlPlaidGirl Posts: 863Member
    @LittleLion I got Velvet Teddy which is a pinky nude shade. Again I was really lucky today with the MAC store that I went to. Got there 30 minutes before they opened and was #4 in the line. :D They had about 10 really colorful shades and 5 more "everyday" shades to choose from.

I've never tried MAC stuff so I'm excited to try this brand.
    PM me for my swap profile. :)
    @PlaidGirl - ooh, that sounds really nice!! I was pretty early too, but I definitely got the feeling that people had camped out super early! I knew it was likely not going to work when I spent 10mins searching just for a place to park, but I think tons of people got to try out some cool lipstick today. About an hour or so after I stepped out of line, I realized I should've just picked up one of the blue shades and mailed it to a friend of mine who loves to wear blue lip colors. :'( She totally would've loved that.

Let me know how you like it when you give it a go, please!! I'd appreciate it! :)