Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Swap Regrets!!

sarita3sarita3 Posts: 137Member
Anyone else get swap happy and swap items they later regret getting rid of?

I'm totally guilty of this. Right now I'm regretting swapping my Thrive Eye Brightener. I didn't think I'd ever use it but now I really want to try it!!

Comments

• SMZSMZ Posts: 889Member
    I agree with @flirtmd on the jewelry! I have swapped for a lot of it, and am always disappointed when I see it in person. I think the high RVs fool you into thinking it's higher quality than it really is. But I am not a fan of very thin, delicate Jewelry either, and that seems to be the style of a lot of it.
  • lalalalalala Posts: 1,403Member
    I also agree with @flirtmd on the jewelry. I have swapped for a few pieces that aren't holding up (they're tarnishing). I have the biggest regrets for receiving things I don't really need...or haven't really used. I don't miss anything that went away!
  • Love2323Love2323 Posts: 541Member
    My prob is necklaces r too long. But I swapped for the one I'm wearing & lov it. Cuff bracelets r tough they either lie right or forget it
    ID: 1481109015524778
  • sarita3sarita3 Posts: 137Member
    I agree with everyone... if I ever regret a swap it's definitely been for jewelry. You never quite know.. plus I have jewelry I already wear every day.
  • lalalalalala Posts: 1,403Member
    I will say that the only regret on jewelry I don't have is the Snowfall necklace. I loved mine so much that I swapped for more to give others! ;) And it's never tarnished. I wear mine constantly.
  • CCBloomCCBloom Posts: 236Member
    I regret swapping the Mar Y Sol tote and the sunnies from the latest RZ Box. I swapped for awesome stuff but would have used those.
  • DebraDebra Posts: 650Member
    Yes...I swapped my Starry Nights vase from LLB for a Sunflower one, then realized later I wanted the Starry Nights one ALSO. Now I have all three of those vases :)

Like @flirtmd and others, if I have regret it's mostly for things I've swapped for, and it's usually jewelry.
  • TeresaHTeresaH Posts: 143Member
    Beautyblenders - one of the few items I know I will always end up using! :neutral:
  • VictoriaMVictoriaM Posts: 168Member
    I swapped a Massi throw and a Sunday Riley for a 1951 bag with chain. I believed all the hype and sadly it is just not for me.
  • Em_PEm_P Posts: 886Member
    I don't really regret swapping things away. Honestly we get so much stuff, that there's always something new coming,
    But I'm also really judicious with my swap pile. And push comes to shove, I'll buy what I need.
  • Marie27Marie27 Posts: 42Member
    I regret swapping the minka throw that was in a Happy Rebel box :s I think about it all the time... at the time I thought I needed the other item more. Big mistake. You live and you learn.
  • JodiAnneJodiAnne Posts: 1,987Member
    my banned from normal hoodie!! I want it back so bad!! sent out a lot of requests and nada....
  • missycat928missycat928 Posts: 1,049Member
    But overall, I agree with @flirtmd that I usually have regret on the item that I am receiving more than the one I am sending out. And like @Em1 said, I've done a few swaps that cost more to send than the item coming in was worth. Those silly judgement mistakes always make sad.
  • LeahLeah Posts: 3,611Member
    I don't think I've ever regretted swapping something away, but I regret selling something on ebay that I should have held on to as swap bait.

Like so many others here have already mentioned, I've mainly regretted swapping for jewelry.
  • lotusflower13lotusflower13 Posts: 1,502Member
    I have swapped away things and then swapped for them back, actually swapped one item away again and swapped for it back again. Ugh!! I think I need to hold onto things longer before I post them!
  • PamPam Posts: 2,196Member
    Ive done the same thing @lotusflower13 does. Swap for something, don't love it and swap it again for something else. Imagine all the wasted shipping cost. I also find something I love and then have to swap for a ton of them so I have backups in case there aren't any available when I need more.
  • NyxNyx Posts: 1,505Member
    The insane RV on much of the jewelry may be driving up expectations for some, but I'm a huge fan of "frail" jewelry - so I'm pretty much always happy with those pieces. I also don't flip out if it tarnishes because it's just part of the natural beauty of such pieces. I did once swap away an uncommon 1951 and wished I hadn't but later swapped for an even better one so I guess I figure it all pretty much evens out.
  • Ponder88Ponder88 Posts: 697Member
    I don't regret any swaps I've done yet, but have sold stuff on eBay (usually some comics) I later regret when I feel like reading it and realize its gone!
  • janemockingjayjanemockingjay Posts: 973Member
    the les nereides bee bracelet. I swapped it away a long time ago and have been trying ever since to swap for one again. thank goodness they're coming in the next Oui Please box again! The weird thing though? Once I saw the little pink peony flower I chose that one instead of the bee for my box so I'm still going to be coveting the bee :lol:
    @Ponder88 - Now that I can relate to! Years ago I apparently lost my mind and thought I should finally let go of my OMNI Magazine collection. Sold a few on Amazon and immediately regretted it so hard I pulled the rest of the listings and now I have to re-find the missing issues!
  • Momo3377Momo3377 Posts: 9Member
    Good Afternoon Everyone!
    I have a question that you can hopefully assist me with. I recently swapped and the person said that the outer plastic box for the Makeup Eraser was torn, cracked, smooshed, everything. The nail polish she received she said should have been sealed - Smith & Cult ( I have over 30 S&C nail polishes and none of them had the top sealed)... she said there was spillage but only on the thread - I opened the nail polish to ensure it wasn't dried up, closed it and didn't think about it again. Now she'd like to be compensated. I will gladly compensate - informed her to choose a nail polish or eyeshadow. She wants to break up the two Anderson Lilley candles and send one to her. What...what? There are many inconsistencies in each post. Also, the RV of my items was $31 and hers $18. Anyone else feel like I'm being taken advantage of? Prior to joining MSA, I have been trading for over two years going on three...never, ever had a single issue. Sighhhhhh...
    Mo
  • Momo3377Momo3377 Posts: 9Member
    @careyb I would GLADLY send the items back - if I didn't gift them..... Thank you so much for the feedback. I genuinely appreciate the honesty. I have never, ever had an experience such as this - and I most likely have about 200 swaps under my belt ( without counting MSA). Thank you again!
  • sarita3sarita3 Posts: 137Member
  • strmama2strmama2 Posts: 676Member
    @Momo3377 Ok.. so I'll be honest here... the makeup eraser boxes do usually wind up messed up. I have gotten several like that and it doesn't bother me at all because it's just the box. The nail polish would bother me honestly. All of the S&C that I have (maybe 5ish) have come with a tape-like seal. If I were swapping for a "new" polish I would expect that seal, and would also expect that it was never opened, even just to look at. If I was your swap partner I wouldn't be rude about it, and probably would just let it go personally.. but I kinda understand why she would be upset.
    The Smith & Cult usually has a little clear plastic tape seal on one side. It's pretty small. If you opened it to make sure it wasn't dried up then you may have broken the seal and if she thought it was new.. well.. then I can see why she might question it. Was the eraser packaging smushed when you sent it out? If not, sounds like damage in transit. Was it well packaged? If you offered her a different polish or make up item and she demanded a candle.. well no. Just no. Which S&C is it? You may find a swap angel willing to send it out for you just to help.
  • lovethesnowlovethesnow Posts: 473Member
    The only swap regret I have is the Polaroid sunglasses. I tried so hard to swap for a pair after I sent mine out but I had zero luck. I even posted on the forum pleading. Nothing. So when the LE box went on sale for $50 I bought another box. Now I have my glasses back. Bonus is that lots of other folks bought the box at the discount and now there are so many on the swap site that I have swapped for two more pairs so now I have 3!! I have never regretted any of the swaps I've received.