Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wonderful Objects - Summer 2017

alexntanzalexntanz Posts: 87Member
Has anyone received any info on when this box might be shipping? I bought an annual gift subscription for my brother in April and I'm wondering when he might receive his first box.

Comments

• NightNurseNightNurse Posts: 225Member
    Hi @alexntanz I subscribed to an annual last week & emailed them the same question. They emailed me back saying we will be receiving our teasers & boxes within this month :smile:
  • alexntanzalexntanz Posts: 87Member
    edited August 10
    Thanks @NightNurse!
  • MoiSurtoutMoiSurtout Posts: 642Member
    @alexntanz I've already received the teaser – perhaps your brother has already gotten it?

It's a tube of incense with a wooden incense holder.
  • alexntanzalexntanz Posts: 87Member
    Yes, he did get the teaser. Now he is impatiently waiting for the box :)
  • potboilerpotboiler Posts: 17Member
    I sent an email on Tuesday asking when the summer box was shipping.............crickets. I signed up in July for a year after seeing reviews of a really cool summer box. So they have gone from the summer box arriving in July, to arriving in September in one year. Not a good sign.
  • LaurenLauren Posts: 504Member
    I was wondering this myself. We got the teaser item like 4 weeks ago ... their site just says late summer / soon. I need to check when my next billing for these guys goes through...
  • LilithLilith Posts: 225Member
    I thought the last box I got in (I think) June was the summer box and the upcoming one that I got a teaser for a couple of weeks ago is the fall box.
  • flirtmdflirtmd Posts: 610Member
    This box ships quarterly. They send a teaser 4-6 weeks before the full box. @potboiler if you did not get the spoiler (tube mailer with stars and ** see spoiler above *** and story about the festival) you should contact them. As for the box it's coming. I believe they have a countdown on their site.

Just remember… "Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer you get to the end, the faster it goes."
    @flirtmd, I did receive my teaser. I got my first box from them last October. The countdown on their site is for $5 off if you sign up for their newsletter (that they don't ever send). The boxes are comming later and later and they are not bothering to respond to a very simple email. I am not resubscribing.
    You are right about the countdown clock @potboiler
    It has been a while since I have been on their website.

I pulled this from the website just a few minutes ago

Looking for our SOLD OUT Summer mystery box?
    Summer teasers are arriving now.
    Summer boxes ship late Summer (hint: very soon).

This box does seem a little late even for a quarterly box. My spring box arrived May 12.

Just remember… "Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer you get to the end, the faster it goes."
  • NightNurseNightNurse Posts: 225Member
    I have not received any teaser up to date & have filed a dispute via paypal this is their reply:

Thank you for writing in to us so we can allay your fears! Your box is on its way and is still completely on time! We had some internal emails that confused our customer service team, but rest assured; your box will be heading out to you shortly. We do our best to NEVER reveal to you exactly when your boxes will arrive and while our email to you shared date information, that is usually against our policy and we deeply apologize for the confusion. Our promise to you is that you will have a delivery in hand within 90 days of ordering, whether that be both your box and teaser, or just your teaser. This months teaser includes a little more than we usually send -- and I will inquire for you on when that might go out to you and be sure to have our team message it over to you via email. Your full box will follow shortly after and we are so pleased with the wonderful contents this quarter; its our most magic-filled box to date! Thank you for being a wonder-seeker -- we are so glad to have you join us for this adventure. --The Wonder Team

I subbed to an annual & I am not sure whether to continue to wait for them & cancel my paypal dispute or just to try to get my money back. My mind is telling my the 2nd option is the best thing to do.
  • xoxolesleyxoxolesley Posts: 200Member
    Just saw they posted a message on Instagram that boxes start shipping today!
    I've got tracking on mine, says it should be here Saturday. Anyone gets before - post spoilers (within confines of appropriate Spoiler tags, please and thank you) !
    Got mine today - I LOVE that the "big" item has a complimentary item to use with it. I think they did amazing on the theme all going together. That said, the "big" item would be hard to swap for the reason listed in the spoiler tags, which is rough cause I don't think it's going to find a proper home with me. That's not a complaint though - this box was a visual delight - I was super impressed unboxing this and I tend to be a bit jaded.
    this looks like a REALLY good box! Thanks for posting. Mine won't be here until Tuesday.
  • wldflowur13wldflowur13 Posts: 659Member
    @Lauren I think I'd be interested in trading for the big item. I'd love to see a pic of it. I wonder if it'd fit into one of the regional rate boxes. I've found that those boxes are pretty reasonable and good for heavy/bulky items.
    @wldflowur13 actually if you look on amazon, they're pretty reasonably priced with free shipping. like i'm betting it would cost me half the RV to pack & ship. i'm thinking it's going to be a xmas gift or similar for someone local.
    Thanks to everyone for keeping the spoilers hidden and using vague terms like big item. This is one box that you don't want spoilers due to the experience.
    Mine comes tomorrow. Can't wait.

• LilithLilith Posts: 225Member
    I'm not sure, but I think maybe my box was missing an item. Can someone please message me with the list of small items that were supposed to be in the box? Thanks! I don't want to spoil it for anyone else by asking here.
    @lilith If you mean the ephemera....

• envelope with 'open this first' and the list of items, so check what you have against the list

• rolled-up music sheet

• booklet ('Dreams and Destinies')

• letter on brown paper from Lyre

And for the constellation cards, I received two.

If you mean the physically smaller items, they're: pen, lavender sachet, honey sticks. I had to fish around in the box for the pen, so go through the packing material carefully! The pen is small and not really pen-shaped until you open it.

edited September 9
    Just got mt box and wonder if my "hero item" is beat up or if it just comes that way. All my edges seem to be kind of Scratched up and dented. anyone elses like that?

This is my first attempt at a spoiler. Did I do it right?

• AnnAnn Posts: 1,932Member
    @flirtmd

Mine too but because of what it is . . . I think it is okay.
    @ann let's hear what others say. The whole one side of mine is kind of crushed. If I run my fingers down it it might cut them. I understand a little powdering at the edges but 2/3 of the side is that way.

someone remind me how to do spoiler tags and i'll put up a pic of mine. i think it's a natural variation.
    edited September 9
    @Lauren Use the paragraph symbol. The last item on the drop down list is spoiler (top is heading)

Place photo before the < /div> tag.

@flirtmd Mine is similar and the other ones I've seen online are the same. I think that's just how the material is. Do a google image search for the material and there are others like that.
  • vanstojvanstoj Posts: 248Member
    I do think the variation in big item is natural. This is such an interesting and well thought out box! However, this is my last box as I can't justify the cost for the type of items received. I do think there was something missing in this box based on one item that was listed in the booklet but not included. As always though, I love the imagination put into this box.
    @vanstoj I definitely agree about the last box. The only thing I found of value in it was a deck of playing cards. A lot of the items were junk.

Warning - whole box contents on display in below photos

One side is definitely smoother than the other - I'm guessing that's from the crystal having to be drilled / hollowed to allow for the light. The incense isn't in the photo (the teaser item). Side note for those who got the Lavender scent - I burn incense and I found this one a little dry but it pairs nicely with a twig of nag champa if anyone finds it a bit much on it's own.