Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rachel Zoe Box of Style Gilt Voucher Rant

Emma227Emma227 Posts: 100Member
Like some of you, I purchased the Gilt voucher for BOS back in late April/early May.

I did not redeem for the Spring box as I decided didn't really like it and the voucher was not specified as for ONLY the spring box. After reading the terms and conditions, it clearly stated that the voucher will be valid for 5 years for the amount purchased from the vendor *(see exact phrasing below), so I left the voucher in my inbox unclaimed. Naive and silly I know.

So I was excited to use it for Fall after seeing the spoilers and decided to go on the website to redeem, but the code came back as 'not valid' or something to that extent. So naturally I emailed BOS. Now they are saying that they can't let me use the monetary amount towards a Fall box because the voucher is ONLY for Spring. Instead, they 'reserved' boxes for Gilt voucher subscribers, which goes against the fact that my code was 'not valid', because if they reserved the boxes, then the voucher should still be 'valid' as the Gilt vouchers have unique codes.

So then I emailed them the terms and instead asked either for the equivalent of the voucher amount as in the Gilt terms (so I can put it towards the Fall box), or a refund. Which I don't think is unfair as I feel that the way the voucher was presented was a little deceiving (no where in the terms did it specify it was ONLY for spring), but the customer service rep said no and that I need to take the issue up with Gilt because Gilt is the vendor. Which again is NOT the case, because the VENDOR is always the service provider. NOT Gilt.

I was originally angry at my own naivety, but now I am angry at RZ BOS as they are trying to contest terms and agreements that they themselves entered into.

Sorry for the long post... I have never had this sort of response from customer service reps before.

*May be used to obtain the discount stated on the Voucher until the “redeem by” date stated above; after that time, and for a period of 5 years from the date of issue, the Voucher may be redeemed with the Vendor for the services stated on the voucher equal to the value for which it was originally purchased.

Comments

• michellebellemichellebelle Posts: 249Member
    Yep, I'm stuck with a second spring box. Gilt wouldn't help either. Really frustrating.
  • Emma227Emma227 Posts: 100Member
    I am just very angry at the customer service. I will email Gilt too and see what they say...
  • lovethesnowlovethesnow Posts: 384Member
    I, too, have the Gilt voucher which I did not redeem. What are you going to do? Just get the spring box? How do we redeem it then, via email?
  • LisaBLisaB Posts: 1,660Member
    I'm in the same boat. I still have my voucher and don't want another spring box!! Seems it's our only option tho and I have no clue now what to do. If anyone gets an answer can you let us know?
    @lovethesnow I've gotten in touch with Gilt. Will wait to see what they say. I honestly don't want the spring box (or any of their boxes for that matter) at this point because it will bring me no joy (which is what sub boxes are meant to bring! JOY darn it JOY).

In addition, they just seem to be an incompetent company... horrible customer service and can't even communicate their terms & conditions properly...
  • DSLDSL Posts: 1,223Member
    edited August 15
    Ladies, try to call gilt customer service again. I had to try twice before someone would give me a refund (edited to say - I meant credit) I think it depends on the CS rep.

As for BoS customer service....the whole thing about telling me they reserved spring boxes just for special customers like me just made be feel like they are so sneaky...I will NEVER sub to them again. I will just swap for the items if I have to have it...or buy it...
  • CrystalsCrystals Posts: 1,076Member
    I disputed the charges and got a refund. I said that BOS and Gilt wouldn't help. They didn't honor the terms and conditions of the agreement. They didn't ask for emails or more information and just gave me a credit. Hope it sticks.
  • CrystalsCrystals Posts: 1,076Member
    I would dispute if Gilt won't refund you.
    Thanks @Annem I will do that if Gilt is unable to do anything.

@debbiesblim I completely agree and also will NEVER sub to them again...
  • sarasara Posts: 3,109Member
    Sorry to tell you, I think the vendor is actually Gilt. You purchased it from Gilt, and that makes them the vendor. You should be able to get a refund from them, but they may only give you Gilt credit. You might look at your email that you received from Gilt when you bought the voucher - when I have purchased those from Gilt, it has had disclosure of the terms with Gilt. The "vendor" language you are seeing is pretty standard, coming from laws which say that they have to refund you the amount of your purchase, not the amount it was worth. It is confusing, because here you are in a different situation with a 3rd party vendor. But it is different than when you purchase a Macy's gift card at Safeway, for example...

I have actually had wonderful service from Gilt, so I hope you have the same.
    I would love to swap- ask me for my profile!
  • SMZSMZ Posts: 775Member
    edited August 15
    Give it to @Nightshift Our legendary Voucher Warrior ..lol...she has a lot of experience in redeeming useless giftcards :D
    (Check out the Equinox post...it's hilarious)
  • NightshiftNightshift Posts: 2,078Member
    @SMZ :lol: I think I'm all vouchered out! Any other vouchers I get will be trashed bc they are so obviously worth it. Or I'll save them and use the to foil my enemies :naughty: @Emma227 this sounds horrible!! Did everyone get together and decided that they'd make vouchers impossibly hard to redeem?? Do not give up!!
  • finlidanfinlidan Posts: 1,654Member
    Receipts from the gilt voucher webpage:

"The spring 2017 box will solely feature items from female-found brands, including several that created jobs for female artisans around the globe. You can look forward to a vibrant carryall from Tribe Alive, a sustainable scarf from Symbology, your choice of silver or gold ear jackets from Adornmonde and more."

"Redeem by Wed 05/10/17"

"The spring Box of Style will include an additional $50 credit; credits cannot be combined into one transaction"
    The voucher itself does not say spring box. It just says one seasonal box.
    @lovethesnow yeah but it had to be redeemed by 5/10/2017. now people are trying to use it 3 months later.
    I am one of them. We waited because it states this on the voucher:
    "after that time, and for a period of 5 years from the date of issue, the Voucher may be redeemed with the Vendor for the services stated on the voucher equal to the value for which it was originally purchased."

We aren't trying to get the discount. We just wanted to use the $65 towards a current box. We would still be paying full price as we'd have to pay an additional $35 so we would be out $100 which is the full price of a box. I don't think that's trying to scam.
  • barbarabarbara Posts: 86Member
    I bought the Gilt deal for my niece (I already had my own box) and my voucher says it had to be redeemed by 5/10/2017
  • michellebellemichellebelle Posts: 249Member
    I have a spare spring box, if anyone wants to swap for any of the items.
  • wduwdu Posts: 240Member
    @lovethesnow I think if you're only trying to get the value of what you paid for the Gilt voucher they should definitely have to honor it. From my understanding that's what the terms state. So if you paid $65 for the gilt voucher you should have a $65 credit to use, but to get the fall box you would still owe RZBOS $35 before they can ship you a box.
  • kaleigh89kaleigh89 Posts: 115Member
    edited August 15
    @lovethesnow going by that statement, if you are assuming the Vendor is BoS and not Gilt (which I'm not sure how that would work so I won't guess), then it says "for the services stated on the voucher" which in this case would be for the Spring box, so you would have to pay an additional $35 but would still be entitled to the Spring box.
    Yeah but why even buy the voucher? In the spring thread, it was because everyone was hoping the summer box would be out before 5/10 and it could be used on that box. The terms are fairly clear, the only issue on who the vendor is if it's gilt or BoS
    edited August 15
    Agree with @lovethesnow I wasn't planning on getting the box for $65, just to use it as credit towards the full priced box. Waited because it says that the credit is still valid for 5 years
    @kaleigh89 Services stated on the voucher does not say spring box, it says "One Seasonal Box of Style".
    @Nightshift haha I read the Equinox thread, I laughed so hard (thanks @SMZ for pointing me to the thread). I remember visiting Equinox in a UWS location with a friend once when I was living in New York and I felt so self-conscious the entire time. I now have a no frills membership to Planet Fitness and love it!

@sara and @finlidan yeah I was angry at myself in the beginning (still am a little). But I honestly figured if I didn't get the box someone will give me credit for something due to that clause and I wasn't going to spend $50 on the BOS website anyway, so I was happy letting that part of the voucher go.

@debbiesblim @wdu @lovethesnow and anyone else I've forgotten... Yup same boat, I'm more than happy to pay the difference, I am not trying to take advantage and assume that I can buy the Fall box for a cheaper price (however, we all know that they are going to discount the box later), I just want a credit towards the amount I've paid so I can apply it to the Fall box and I'm happy to cover the difference.
    I don't have the spring box so if they are still offering that I may just go ahead and take that.
    @lovethesnow they are. Just send them an email and they will ask you for your postal address.
    @Emma227 agreed...of course I am hoping there will be a $10 off at least or if possible $30 off the box, but I definitely expect to pay the difference
  • GlowingAmberGlowingAmber Posts: 101Member
    So if you bought a voucher for a box you knew you didn't want, thinking, well i can use the money I paid on the next box, why didn't you just wait until a box came out that you wanted, and just buy that one?
  • sarasara Posts: 3,109Member
    I think everyone with that voucher still has to get the $65 off of something by law, but when we buy these vouchers from a discount site, the vendor is often Gilt or the comparable. For example, if you buy a service voucher from Groupon and you don't redeem it or there is a problem, you get s Groupon voucher. No one is trying to get over here, and I would have to read the voucher itself, but if you let Gilt know you couldn't redeem it I think they will refund your money. Now, if BOS still has Spring boxes available, you might have to take that instead... because that's what you bought. But you should get the spring box for the voucher without paying more. This is a case of merchandisers throwing standardized language into a coupon without adapting it to their use.
    I would love to swap- ask me for my profile!