Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I forgive Oui Please? Or am I being unreasonable?

careybcareyb Posts: 986Member
This is my first official post ever! Lol And I've been here a year and a half.

WARNING: I tend to ramble on, so sorry ahead of time :-)

I've subbed on and off and picked up a few one offs from OP over the last year and a half. In maybe 6 or 7 boxes only one or two has NOT had an issue. But they were always receptive and corrected the issue, sometimes quickly and sometimes not so quickly.

This past January, the box with the FIlorga that was expiring in like a month. They assured me they would have the vendor send me a replacement. No worries on my end, they always came through so I didn't think anything about ordering the next box which is the one that had the Camille Enrico variable item, which was missing from my box. I only got a few items, like the shampoo, hair mask, little bracelet thing, the pouch? I have a photo somewhere I took so I could send it to them to show exactly what was in my box.

I contacted them the day of delivery since I had been looking forward to ANY of the variable items. I was once again assured that they would take care of it. Since then, February, I have sent them reminder messages every other week or so, depending on what their latest response was. I was told it was coming from France, then it was in an approval stage and then it was in fulfillment. I did not get the next box and I let them know that as well. They stopped responding about a month ago so I sent one last email a week ago saying I was going to contact the BBB as well as another agency for their state commerce center. I did get a message back saying they were going to send me shipping confirmation when my package went out. Two days later I received:

The Gold 48K Cream from the latest box
Two nail polishes, the pale blue and pale pink
Small round tin of candies

Now, I know the RV actually probably comes out in my favor with these items BUT I for some reason feel very negative about them still. I know there is only so much you can expect from other people and at some point your "demands" become unreasonable and petty. I do LOVE their boxes, what I don't use I swap and they swap very well so I have no complaints there.

AM I unreasonable in thinking I deserved something extra? Or some other indication that my business was appreciated and still desired?

Set my mind straight if you would. lol

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• nelliebelle1197nelliebelle1197 Posts: 2,371Member
    I had a similar issue and it was just a placeholder tbey sent until my stuff came. I would ask about them. I got a random envelope with like 6 bars of soap and a bunch of candy.
  • BendLBBagsBendLBBags Posts: 404Member
    @careyb, not unreasonable in the least. I subbed to two OP boxes, had issues (receiving less than promised RV, very late shipping, etc.). Every time I consider purchasing again when they run their 40% off discounts, I remind myself what a PAIN it was, how frustrating communication and the delays were, and pass. YOU have the patience of a saint based on the situation you described above. Sorry.
  • TraciRheinTraciRhein Posts: 1,704Member
    edited September 5
    Not unreasonable at all. I think OP subscribers give them waaaay too much slack. I've never subbed except for one month and decided that it's way too much of a headache and that was a while back. The more I read the more I'm convinced that they're getting worse.
  • LC12LC12 Posts: 183Member
    edited September 5
    @reneew so you had problems with OP refunds too? I had an a la carte order from May 14 with numerous emails asking about my item over the months to finally on aug 15th promising a refund within 3-5 days as they. Could not fufill my order. No refund with numerous emails. I'm assuming I'm going to have to call my bank for a refund but am worried about the amount of time... OP seems to be so stressful.
    With the promise to make things right after on August 15th being told my choose of the white flower would arrive.. yet I received the beetle with a sorry.
  • reneewreneew Posts: 456Member
    edited September 5
    @LC12 That is exactly what happened with me. It was May 12th, and I disputed it August 12. Good luck!

edited to correct date
    Post edited by reneew on
  • Jenny1973Jenny1973 Posts: 785Member
    @careyb , you are not being unreseaonable or crazy. They have been doing crazy stuff since after their intial box. The boxes are never on time, they charge you for another box before getting the original box you paid for, this last a la carte sale they had a lot of ladies had problems. And this past box was a little nuts with the messed up choices and item brands that were promised (looking at you towels) so circling back I would be beyond pissed. I don't think they will be around for much longer. Wishing you the best of luck.
  • LeahLeah Posts: 3,495Member
    @Jenny1973 For those of us who have prepaid subscriptions (which is most of us, which is why we're kind of defenseless!), I really hope they don't close up shop!
    @careyb Everyone else is responding to the OP part, I just want to say congratulations on your first thread :)
  • MariaNGMariaNG Posts: 1,604Member
    I'm still missing stuff, so no, you're not being unreasonable @careyb! I too wished they'd do a little something more for my boxes that have been sent out late, rather than a little less. :(
  • Jennifer3141Jennifer3141 Posts: 2,808Member
    edited September 5
    @careyb If you're being unreasonable, so am I, because I'm in the same boat. I've never had an OP box that wasn't a problem. It's like a job to get missing items sent, broken items replaced, etc. Twice OP has for my choice on an item and I've given them my first, second, third, fourth and fifth choices. In both cases, I got none of those (anyone what to swap for a royal beetle bracelet?).

I signed up for an annual sub last November, and so far I've gotten four boxes. In the past two weeks I've e-mailed Ashley three times asking that my sub be canceled and the remaining two boxes be refunding.

So far, crickets.

My next step is to initiate a chargeback. I'm not sure that's 100% kosher, but if I haven't heard back from OP by Friday, I'm going to talk to my credit union about the possibility.
    Post edited by Jennifer3141 on
  • Jenny1973Jenny1973 Posts: 785Member
    @Leah , I hope for everyone's sake that did purchase a yearly they don't close. But this is one box I would never do a yearly. This behavior has been going on for almost 2 years and seems to only be getting more crazy. Granted I do purchase a box or 2 during the year but after doing so I feel like kicking myself and stressing out wondering when it will ship or will it ship before I get charged again or if I cancel will they "forget" to send the already purchased box. I let certain things slide That I probably should not have. That is why I am officially over this box. I really do hope all you ladies here get what was promised to you from them.
  • sarasara Posts: 3,109Member
    @careyb, are you saying you are missing an entire box that you paid for, or that you skipped a box? Trying to figure out whether the items are to make up for the missing jewelry item and expired Filorga, or those two items plus a whole box
    I would love to swap- ask me for my profile!
  • careybcareyb Posts: 986Member
    @sara yep, the filorga and the few missing items

@everyone else

I appreciate the support. I mean I'm sure we have all gone over something in our minds after the fact and maybe realized we could have been a bit fairer or open. lol This is the only sub that gives me grief and I have subbed to so many. I am not un-appreciative of the fact that they sent something, just feeling a bit neglected I guess. lol

I was tempted to do a yearly sub but I prefer paying that little bit more so I can be certain I won't lose out if they fade into the night.
  • sarasara Posts: 3,109Member
    @careyb, I totally understand where you are coming from. I subscribed to the first OP box, and didn't like the uneven boxes so I didn't subscribe for several more. Then, I started subscribing to boxes here and there, depending upon whether I liked the spoiler- I finally got an annual a year ago, which now means I've gotten 4 boxes on that sub. I had to wrap my mind around the uneven boxes and the kind CS that sometimes takes forever to pull through. They have always pulled through in the end for me, but sometimes it takes a while. I don't know what their challenges are, but I think to enjoy the box you have to be able to shrug it off. Not saying you should have to, just that it takes that to enjoy it. Going box by box might help you do that- for me the substantial discount with the annual helped.
    I would love to swap- ask me for my profile!
  • MariaNGMariaNG Posts: 1,604Member
    @Jenny1973 I like your analogy. We stay because when OP is good, the relationship is great :). (Or because we bought an annual and we're trapped!)
  • SchriftstellerinSchriftstellerin Posts: 90Member
    @Jennifer3141, what are you looking for for your beetle bracelet? I'll send you a PM with my swap page. Think we've tried to swap before!
  • LisaMarieLisaMarie Posts: 523Member
    I received a second beetle bracelet with an a la cart order and they actually look cute stacked.
    @Jenny1973 Before I subscribed, I read a bunch of comments about them and the general sentiment at the time was that they were a mess at the beginning, but they seemed to be doing better. And there were also forum cheerleaders who were very encouraging about getting an annual. So I guess there are lots of people like me who ended up with an annual who, in hindsight, might not do that again.

With that said, I agree with @sara. I don't think anyone should forgive them necessarily or put up with what they do, and it's not okay, but I've made a conscious decision to shrug it off because it's not worth the stress for me. That doesn't mean they haven't stressed me, but I really try not to let it get to me. I've also been fairly lucky in that they don't mess me up too much. But when I read the harrowing tales others have with them, I don't blame anyone for being upset and frustrated and all the other emotions. It's all very, very valid.
    @boxjoy Too funny! Are those priced at like over $100 euro???? Wow!
  • NyxNyx Posts: 1,473Member
    Holy crap, don't get me started on OP. Have rec'd two boxes from an annual I pre-paid a year ago. I've grated on OP enough in posts here so I'm just gonna walk away from this discussion before I start up again. Even I'm tired of listening to myself!
  • boxjoyboxjoy Posts: 2,374Member
    @careyb Yes! They were at the Carrousel du Louvre where everything is expensive but I still laughed when I saw them. I also saw Bangle Up bracelets in a cute shop in Montmartre so I have to admit that OP is pretty on trend, despite their ridiculous order fulfillment issues.
  • californiajanetcaliforniajanet Posts: 269Member
    @Nyx I totally hear ya'! I feel like I'm probably getting a forum rep as "that one who's always whining about Oui Please." ;) @careyb I know you're in FL...did you fare ok in the hurricane?
    @californiajanet We did ok at our house, BUT I think half the state is still out of power. They are saying by Sunday. Good thing the generator I ordered for delivery BEFORE the hurricane didn't make it here in time. lol I've been hosting family when they need to come over to recharge electronics/get out of the heat.
    Thanks for asking! :-)

@boxjoy Yep, that's why we all LOVE OP but it's a hard box to love with all the issues.