Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WARNING before using Shoptiques gift cards.

jewlzjewlz Posts: 1,081Member
I found out the hard way that they have a shady return policy I'm not even sure if is legal because it is not listed anywhere under gift cards or return policies. If you use the $25 gc towards a larger purchase. Say you spend $200 and use the $25. Then you return any amount say you return $30. They will not give you back $30 of the $175 you spent the will only give you back $5 and the $25 credit despite there being no minimum spend and you kept wayyy more than the $25. Basically forcing you to shop there again. This is regardless of the reason.

My experience was I placed a large order. Some of the items came from a particular vendor and were all mildewed. I had to send those back. I was given only the gc back as a credit despite spending much much more than that amount forcing me to lose the gift card or order again. I ordered again. Again got bad items and again spent way over the $25 again they will only give the 25 back in credit so I'm forced to order again or lose the gc and they still got hundreds of my money. I've never heard of any store where you get only your gift card back first and they don't list this rule anywhere under gift cards on their site. But that's how it works so spend at your own risk.

Comments

• Em1Em1 Posts: 1,127Member
    Wow! I had no idea of that policy! I've only ever used Shoptiques gift cards to purchase one item at a time with very little out of pocket and had a good experience with returning because I would get my entire amount back in the form of the $25 credit plus cash for whatever extra I paid. So weird that it works that way for larger purchases. I'm sorry :(
  • jewlzjewlz Posts: 1,081Member
    @Em1 basically this isn't a gift card. Its being used under their rules for promotions like if i used a discount code of 25OFF that gave me 25 off a purchase over 100. This is part of the drama that lead to class action suits over gift cards in sub boxes in the past because they are not actually gift cards. The call them that but then treat them as discount promo codes and don't follow gift card rules even on their own sites. In this case I think its the fault of Shoptiques, not Popsugar because I'm assuming they didn't tell them they were not going to treat it as a gift card. I would HIGHLY recommend no one use it for any amount over the $25 and treat it as a discount code not a gift certificate. I'd think twice about ever gifting one of them too.
    Also i'd love if anyone has recommendations on which vendors at shoptiques to order or not order from.

Do:
    Walker's Alabama: I have gotten beautiful home goods worth every penny. Beautiful stuff!
    Apricot Lane: Boots I got were nicer than expected. Would order again.

Do not:
    Branded: This place sent items that were mildewed and the ones that weren't were worst than forever 21 quality
    Trendy Hanger: Shoes described as suede were actually cloth and payless quality.
  • EliseElise Posts: 557Member
    Wow that's a really frustrating experience @jewlz :( Thanks so much for the shop recommendations.
  • EliseElise Posts: 557Member
    I would definitely recommend the shop dor l'dor. I ordered from them on Tuesday night and it was delivered in less than two days. I'm amazed. I mean the shop is in NYC and I'm only about an hour out of the city so it is very close to me, but still! I'm so used to crazy long shipping times unless I'm ordering from amazon. The quality of the dress I ordered is also seriously great, for a very reasonable price. It looks even prettier in person than it did on the website. I'm very happy with this shop and would totally order from them again :)
    @Elise thanks! Since I still have a credit there lol, I am happy to hear shop recommendation. I will say shipping speed has always been great with shoptiques as they usually use priority mail. I can also second your opinion on this specific store as I live walking distance from one of their 3 shops in the NYC area!
  • AACAAC Posts: 507Member
    @jewlz that reminds me of the bonus cash at kohl's. I no longer use bonus cash at kohl's unless it's literally the only thing I'm buying.
    Ask me for my swap profile. :#