Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sugarbash - Is it changing?

vanstojvanstoj Posts: 234Member
I just got two strange emails from sugarbash. The first asked me to come back but I checked my account and I am still subscribed. THe second said they were not taking new subscriptions but would be offering a quarterly raves and faves box for purchase. The one thing I couldn't figure out is if those of us with subscriptions will continue getting our box bi-monthly at the current price and the quarterly box can be purchased in addition to this box or whether this would replace the bi-monthly box. Will anyone else who received the emails please explain it to me?

Comments

• michellebellemichellebelle Posts: 249Member
    Me too! I actually ordered the one off box, because I thought I'd forgotten that I'd cancelled based on their want you back email. Now I may have 2 boxes coming, which is fine because I want a set of the towels! And more if anyone can swap!
  • michellebellemichellebelle Posts: 249Member
    I can't tell from logging in if I have 1 or 2 boxes coming.
  • lynndeannelynndeanne Posts: 412Member
    I have the same two and I am baffled. Website still says every other month, but the second email sure sounds like they are going quarterly:

Thank you for being a loyal Sugarbash member. We love that you’re vocal about what you want—and what you don’t! Giving you exposure and access to exciting products from emerging women entrepreneurs is the very reason we’re here.

These first couple years, we’ve all grown together. More curious. More sophisticated. More experimental. More demanding. So beginning in 2018, Sugarbash FAVES AND RAVES will be a quarterly box, packed with the luxe, upscale items you’re lusting after.

Because Sugarbash is growing, we will not be taking any more subscriptions, as we will be switching systems, but will continue with one-time boxes. The wait for this new service will not be long. Please feel free to email us with any questions at [email protected]

Meanwhile, keep your subscription active and enjoy your grandfathered rate discount of 25%! We’ll be sending you a survey shorty to start procuring your FAVE RAVES!

The best is yet to come!
    Sam
    Sugarbash Founder
  • gillepgillep Posts: 438Member
    I am going to be of no help because I also could not figure out what was happening with this subscription. They said they were sending a follow up email with a survey, so I am hoping that one has more clear information...
  • vanstojvanstoj Posts: 234Member
    OK I got clarification. They are changing. They are going quarterly sometime next year. This is the last bi-monthly box and there will be new pricing and possible customization for the quarterly box. I am box to box and don't know what will happen for those with longer subscriptions. Did anyone have sugarbash in the sub box death category?
  • JodiAnneJodiAnne Posts: 1,866Member
    The way i read it was I think they are switching to quarterly starting next year. If you have an active sub you are grandfathered in with the price you pay now which varies from $35-$40.
  • finlidanfinlidan Posts: 1,654Member
    I think they aren't taking any new subscriptions right now and won't until their system changes. Which makes sense as they probably don't want new subscribers until then? Also I'm not sure if the grandfathered rate would be 25% off or the price we pay now but it reads like it'll be the former.

In other news, I didn't get any of the emails
  • MelissaBMelissaB Posts: 1,731Member
    edited September 13
    They did say previously that their hope or dream or plan or whatever was to be able to make it so that every member could customize her boxes, not just VIP members. So maybe they decided that it was too hard to do that bimonthly, but can do it on a quarterly basis? I think that @JodiAnne got it right, but I still feel as if the two emails were extremely confusing. Their communications person needs to learn how to be more clear as this is not the first time that we have been confused by their communications.

So will I automatically be billed for October and receive an October box, or do I have to order that "in support of" box separately? That's what I'm still questioning.

I think that, once we actually know what the heck is going on, that it could actually be a really exciting change!
    http://swap.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/user/8125/profile

You could send some people a box of roses, and they'd complain about the thorns, or the smell, or the color.
    @MelissaB Yes, if you have an active membership you should be charged as you normally would for your October box. As far as when they are going to be starting the quarterly, Im not too sure on that. If it is indeed for 2018 then we should still have a December box as well. However, I am thinking the December box will tuen into January for the start of the quarterly.
    finlidan said:

I think they aren't taking any new subscriptions right now and won't until their system changes. Which makes sense as they probably don't want new subscribers until then? Also I'm not sure if the grandfathered rate would be 25% off or the price we pay now but it reads like it'll be the former.

In other news, I didn't get any of the emails

I didn't get the emails either.
  • andreagullettandreagullett Posts: 24Member
    I too was really confused by the emails. Glad I wasn't the only one! Oh, and I will have my owl towel up for swap when it comes in, in case anyone wants it!
  • DLRDLR Posts: 766Member
    I let this one go....a misunderstanding on what is a VIP that can choose colors etc. CS was straight forward to correct me, and I politely said I understand and I cancelled this one and took on Breo. :) I am happy with my decision.
  • GannySanGannySan Posts: 57Member
    I ordered a one time October box because the said they have no more subscriptions. Has anyone ordered a mystery box or a hello box? Just curious about what is in them.
  • LilithLilith Posts: 192Member

I too was really confused by the emails. Glad I wasn't the only one! Oh, and I will have my owl towel up for swap when it comes in, in case anyone wants it!

I am interested in your owl towel!