Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try Home Chef Today

Item not as described - where do you put the line?

LaurenLauren Posts: 489Member
Wondering where everyone puts the line between "reach out to the swapper" and just ... "they knew better"

I got a swap in the mail today that included two makeup products. Both were obviously opened. One has a broken safety seal and product in the inside of the rim (a lipgloss where the wand was obviously taken out, probably more than once). This item was listed as new.

I will unequivocally not be using that product. I'm fairly irked, I traded non-beauty OP for cheap beauty and they sent USED product as NEW.

Comments

• JackiecupcakeJackiecupcake Posts: 898Member
    Is she an experienced swapper? Could she have maybe gotten the item in a previous swap? I would try reaching out (but I tend to be an optimist and give people the benefit of the doubt) and let her know about the issue, then see what happens.

That really sucks. What were the items? Maybe someone has what you are looking for?
  • LaurenLauren Posts: 489Member
    She's new. But still ... this looks USED. Like not swatched, but used multiple times. The item itself isn't a huge deal, not a unicorn by any means. I just strongly feel anyone should know to at least mention in the comments "hey I swatched this" or something. I kind of feel like this was an intentional mislead.
  • Em_PEm_P Posts: 884Member
    Definitely give her a chance to fix it. I always do, just in case.
    Sometimes it really is accidental.
    And if not, then go to town in negative feedback :)
  • LeahLeah Posts: 3,570Member
    @Lauren Not okay. I'm sorry you're dealing with this.
  • EmilyAEmilyA Posts: 160Member
    @lauren I'd just write her back and ask to swap back. Regardless of whether or not she knew, and regardless of whether the items she sent you were hers to begin with or items she received in a swap, at the end of the day-- you got items that you can't use and she has your items that she can use. Seems like the only way to fix this would be for you to both return your items to each other and move on. Bummer it happened though!
  • CrystalsCrystals Posts: 1,107Member
    @Lauren I agree with others here. Send a note and see what happens!