Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Favorite Item(s) Purchased in Birchbox Shop!

Hi ladies! I’m new to this forum, so hello everyone! I have about $40 in Birchbox points right now and I’ve been itching to spend them! What are your favorite Birchbox shop buys? I think so far, my favorite was the Charmed Life LE box from last Christmas! :)

Comments

• PattyKPattyK Posts: 413Member
    The Jonathan Adler Zebra dish - so darn cute!
  • entwashianentwashian Posts: 1,758Member
    I love, love, love the LAQA & Co lip lubes. Even the scary purple color Menotaur that everyone's afraid of -- it turns into a really nice orchid on me, not purple at all. I bought the Fiver Giftbox for myself.

I also love the Beautiful Nutrition Grapefruit Detox Shine Repair Shampoo & Conditioner. I don't even see them doing anything particularly special to my hair, but they smell AMAZING and enhance my shower experience quite a bit.
  • chrischris Posts: 3,862Member, Moderator

I also love the Beautiful Nutrition Grapefruit Detox Shine Repair Shampoo & Conditioner. I don't even see them doing anything particularly special to my hair, but they smell AMAZING and enhance my shower experience quite a bit.

For some reason the combo of these makes my hair noticeably smoother... :)

@lilyabolghasemi, welcome to the forum! :)
    @chris I just got the Shine Repair Grapefruit serum to add into the routine, too, so that might help!
  • SaizaSaiza Posts: 1,900Member
    My favorite thing ever was the JUARA Coffee & Creme Skin Smoothing Body Ritual, you get the lotion and the coffee scrub, both full sizes for $18 less than buying each separately. I LOVE the scent.
  • paigepaige Posts: 389Member
    My favorite is the Davines hair milk.

@chris I just got the Shine Repair Grapefruit serum to add into the routine, too, so that might help!

Ooh, let me know how you like it!
    @paige, welcome! :)
  • lilyabolghasemililyabolghasemi Posts: 33Member
    Thank you everyone for your kind welcomes and suggestions! I have some shopping to do! ;)
    @chris Okay, so I used the Grapefruit Detox trio last night, then let my hair air dry while I slept. My hair definitely feels softer (compared to the It's a 10 leave-in product I've been using with the shampoo/conditioner), but because of the air-drying, it's a little crazy and I can't tell if it's smoother or not! I had also hoped the serum might help the grapefruit smell linger a little longer, but no dice. It has a nice faint "clean" smell though.
  • joiedevie99joiedevie99 Posts: 938Member
    Dr. Jart Water Fuse BB cream and Beauty Protector Leave in Conditioner
  • boxjoyboxjoy Posts: 2,689Member
    LE boxes are the best and it seems like we're due a new beauty one sometime soon as the current ones are largely lifestyle boxes. Aside from those I tend to use my points for Dr Jart BB Cream and Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, as you get plenty of most kinds of products from your boxes but you'll never get the perfect shade of these kinds of makeup.
    edited February 2016
    @entwashian, thanks for the update! Right now my favorite product like this is the It's a 10 leave-in. I think we may have the same kind of hair, fine/curly, based on what you are describing...
    :)
  • lisadlisad Posts: 2,347Member
    @chris I love that as well, try to buy it with coupons at ulta when I can.
  • boxjoyboxjoy Posts: 2,689Member
    Oh, and don't forget to use a coupon code and to add a mystery sample pack!
  • lilyabolghasemililyabolghasemi Posts: 33Member
    Thanks everyone!! I think I'm going to hold off until a new LE box comes out as I feel like my points go further this way. The mystery Birchboxes look so fun too. I loved reading everyone's favorites though!!
    Hey @chris! What are you doing now that Beautiful Nutrition isn't at Birchbox any more? Have you found a different product/new source/hoarded for the apocalypse?

I managed to snag 3 bottles of conditioner during the inventory clearance, but I am almost out of shampoo. :cry:
  • GrishmaGrishma Posts: 1,608Member
    Rms beauty mixer. It's a delicious color n creamy formula.
    My favorite birchbox item though is this arrow chapstick that is life. So yum. (Yes I do eat it and no one can make me stop lol!)
  • LadybugLadybug Posts: 88Member
    Beauty Protector Detangle Spray and Coola Primer
  • KristyKristy Posts: 2,261Member
    Serge Normant Volume Spray
    R+Co Dallas Thickening Spray
    Beauty Protector Detangler
  • TPopTPop Posts: 101Member
    Beauty Protector Detangler
    Michael Todd Blue Green Algae Toner
    Living Proof. No Frizz Nourishing Oil
    Vasanti Brighten Up Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator
    Supergoop! Daily Correct CC Cream SPF 35+

I have others on my Favorites list, but these are things I have bought full-size.
  • AngienharryAngienharry Posts: 1,370Member
    Sunnylife beach towels
    Laura gellar baked correction foundation
    Baggu bags
    Bombas socks

Hey @chris! What are you doing now that Beautiful Nutrition isn't at Birchbox any more? Have you found a different product/new source/hoarded for the apocalypse?

I managed to snag 3 bottles of conditioner during the inventory clearance, but I am almost out of shampoo. :cry:

I don't have a great plan yet! So far I have been working through my stash and using Honest Co's shampoo & conditioner that I usually use on my kids. Definitely not the same though for my hair. What is your plan?
    @chris I've seen the shampoo for a reasonable price on iHerb & Amazon, so I may order from there. I also have some swap stash to work through, as well!
  • SJPSJP Posts: 2,215Member
    @entwashian or @chris OK, I need to know about this shampoo/conditioner! What is it & why is it awesome? I've been using Living Proof's PHD shampoo & conditioner but I'd love to find a less expensive option.
    Swap Profile:http://swap.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/user/19989/profile

***Please be aware that I don't always get notifications when tagged, so if I haven't responded please PM me.***
    edited July 16
    @sjp it smells SO GOOD like grapefruit. Like, on the level of aromatherapy products, IMO. I do the combo of shampoo & conditioner plus a hair oil from the same line, & it makes my hair smooth & silky. Now that I've been using it for months (ETA: almost a year, exactly, judging by the date stamp of comments upthread!), I definitely notice a difference if I use a sample of something else, even for 1 shower.

My hair gets poofy easily because it's very fine, and I also can't wash it every day since it dries out really easily. I used to get straw-like ends... now my hair is so soft that one of my (special) students said he wanted to cut it off so he could carry it with him everywhere (to pet it). He was joking (I think....).
  • SJPSJP Posts: 2,215Member
    @entwashian Wow, that is an amazing compliment! (Hopefully a compliment, I mean.) I have VERY long, thick, but extremely fine hair & it tangles terribly. Like, I cannot wear a collared shirt or even a necklace without my hair ending up in awful knots. Do you think this shampoo would be helpful with detangling? I do love the smell of grapefruit & I love soft hair, but my hair is never poofy. Possibly due to the length, but overall my hair is mostly straight with a bit of wave and more recently it has developed a really weird section that almost looks crimped!! It's insane!

Because of the terrible tangling I mostly have to wear it up in a top knot virtually all the time. I'd love to find something that helps even more than Perfect Hair Day---especially if I could spend less on it!

To get back to the topic of this thread, my favorite purchase from the Birchbox shop was one of the LE boxes but since I can't remember which one I'll just go with my favorite product I found there & that was the Tati eyeshadow stick. Great product!
    Swap Profile:http://swap.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/user/19989/profile

***Please be aware that I don't always get notifications when tagged, so if I haven't responded please PM me.***
    @sjp that's hard for me to say -- I have no idea how thick hair works, lol. Have you tried using leave-in smoothing products? I'm super lazy/low maintenance when it comes to my hair, but I really noticed a difference when I started adding that one extra step, even with drug store brand leave-ins.
  • BoerboelmomBoerboelmom Posts: 913Member
    @entwashian I need to try this stuff! I have fine hair that gets poofy and my ends get the same. I've been trying so many things, the marrakesh endz helps but doesn't fix anything. I ordered that L'ange Hair shampoo/conditioner from the Ipsy offer but the beautiful nutrition shampoo/conditioner is on Amazon and it's cheaper! I love grapefruit scent too.