Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Closed thread

boxjoyboxjoy Posts: 2,751Member
edited February 21 in Swaps
@Leah At your request...
Post edited by boxjoy on

Comments

• LeahLeah Posts: 4,102Member
    edited November 2016
    Here's my situation: Someone requested something from me. She told me she had something I was following unlisted. She listed it so I can choose it, and the image is the same as the one I had in mind. It is worth $[X].

I jut received it. It's a much smaller one, with [approximately half] value.

I'm so bummed. I had it in one color and wanted it in another color to make a set. The little one is cute, but its value is so much less and it's not the color she said it was (the box is that color, but the actual item isn't).

Do I just chalk it up to the cost of doing business or do I say something? What would you do?
    Post edited by chris on
  • boxjoyboxjoy Posts: 2,751Member
    If she listed it incorrectly, which is sounds like she misstated the color, then I would mention it. As for the size piece a lot depends on what size she stated and if both sizes were featured in the box it was listed under.
    edited November 2016
    She listed it under the $[X] listing, but I don't see a listing for the $[approximately half] one (it's from an older box). I think it was an honest mistake because she seems like a decent person, but I'm bummed because I got [about 2/3 RV]. She had other items I was interested in had I known, I could have added it to the swap. I just don't know if I should go to her now and ask for more things or if that's petty.

Okay, it's petty, and I'm getting more upset about this than I should.
  • careybcareyb Posts: 1,372Member
    @leah I'm hoping it isn't me lol. If it were me I;d want to know though, we all make mistakes and the onyl way to correct one is to know there is a problem.
    edited November 2016
    I think you should point it out, if nothing more than to make her aware and cautious about making sure she posts things correctly. She probably assumed that was the only size because it was the only size she knew about and you assumed the other for the same reason. Point it out, express that you're disappointed, and leave the ball in her court.

I've had swappers list items incorrectly list items 5 times and I pointed it out 4 of those times. One swapper ignored me, one swapper insisted on sending me the correct item and sent me a followed extra, one swapper was new and kind of botched the whole swap but I thought being generous and gracious was the right thing to do in that situation, but pointed it out so she is a bit more cautious in future swap and as @careyb said, if I messed up a swap I would want to know.
    @careyb No, it isn't you (it isn't a forum member as far as I know, otherwise I wouldn't have said anything publicly), but I got your swap as well and I was like "that's it, I'm only swapping with Carey from now on" :smile:
  • chefkristinchefkristin Posts: 2,021Member
    @leah did she list it as the correct size? I had this happen to me but i didn't pay attention to the size listed and got a much smaller item than I thought.
    Thank you, @boxjoy. I think I will say something but I'll wait until I've calmed down. Today's mail brought an Emma & Chloe necklace that I'm not sure I really like, this swap, and an email for a $245 medical bill for a strep test (!!!) that I was told was going to be zero (and I didn't expect to be more than $150) so I'm just in a generally bad mood.
    @chefkristin No, she listed it as the one I had in mind. I know she was busy when she did it and the correct size didn't have a listing so she would have had to create one. But she knew I was following it and she probably should have realized from the picture that the packaging looks very different....
    @Leah Yuck! Hopefully you didn't have strep, and hopefully you'll be able to sort it out with your insurance company as it sounds like that may be a billing error as that sounds really excessive.
    @boxjoy Right? I can't get over it. It was originally $100 more but they adjusted it for insurance. I'm so upset. And thank you, it came back negative :smile:
    @Leah Good! I once had strep for a few months. They kept on giving me antibiotics and it kept on coming back. Turns out that cats are carriers and I'd been cat-sitting for a friend for a couple of months, and I kept on treating it and then getting reinfected by the cat. No more cat-sitting for me!
  • Jennifer3141Jennifer3141 Posts: 3,161Member
    @Leah Why wouldn't you say something? Maybe she has the one you want but accidentally packaged the wrong one. Maybe she didn't know the difference but would gladly work with you to make things right. I don't see the downside of sending her a little note...
    @boxjoy Whaaat?! That's crazy! I've gotten it before and it's so debilitating, were you feeling miserable for a few months straight?
  • Jennifer3141Jennifer3141 Posts: 3,161Member
    edited November 2016
    And I'm completely with Carey- if I were the "offending" swapper, I'd definitely want to know so that I could fix it ASAP.
    Post edited by Jennifer3141 on
    @Leah It sucked, and the doctor was completely baffled when I came back for the third time and then he finally asked "Do you have a cat?" Who knew!!!
    @Jennifer3141 I don't know, I don't want to be not nice. I just sent her a note. I hope she doesn't come across this thread. If she does, I really do believe it was an honest mistake....

@boxjoy Yeah! That's nuts.

My logical side was first like "now you can't buy the Neiman Marcus box." And now my illogical side is protesting and wants to order the Neiman Marcus box as an act of rebellion. I'm not sure if that makes any sense. :smile:
  • NightshiftNightshift Posts: 2,128Member
    I've been trying to swap for an item that is around $25RV with no luck. I'm not sure how popular it is. A brand new swapper sent me a comment along the lines of "I pick this and can ship in two days" but she never selected anything. I messaged he back explaining how to select an item for her end of the swap and heard nothing back for a few days. I was super impatient bc I really, really wanted the item. Finally she messaged "sorry for the confusion" and selected the item she wanted......the most expensive thing on my list and about 4X the cost of her item. I had RV clearly listed in the description. I cancelled the swap and explained that it was not fair on my end and she had nothing I wanted to add to make it even. *Sigh* oh well, back to the swap boards.
    @Nightshift Argh, so frustrating! Have you put out an ISO SOS for this item?
  • NightshiftNightshift Posts: 2,128Member
    edited November 2016
    @Leah I thought about it, but, if I'm honest with myself, it's not something that I really need in my life. It's only the swap part of my brain that's convincing me that I desperately need to possess it. If I had it, I'd use it. If I don't, I'll probably won't notice. Better to let someone else who does need it snag it than to bother my forum friends with the request :)
    @Nightshift oh my gosh, I love that. "The swap part of my brain." It's so true!
    Thank you, @seuss516. We're all human, trying our best. She's being wonderful about it.
  • chrischris Posts: 3,883Member, Moderator
    @seuss516, welcome! :)
  • AngienharryAngienharry Posts: 1,385Member
    @Nightshift sorry for your frustration. I just yesterday removed all of my items from swaps. I needed a break but I agree sometimes chocolate is the answer! Hope you find what you were looking for!
  • nelliebelle1197nelliebelle1197 Posts: 2,653Member
    Leah said:

Thank you, @boxjoy. I think I will say something but I'll wait until I've calmed down. Today's mail brought an Emma & Chloe necklace that I'm not sure I really like, this swap, and an email for a $245 medical bill for a strep test (!!!) that I was told was going to be zero (and I didn't expect to be more than $150) so I'm just in a generally bad mood.

$245 for a strep test?? Fight it!