Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sunday Riley Free Samples

laurensnlaurensn Posts: 74Member
For all the Sunday Riley lovers! Sephora is offering 7 sample packets of Good Genes free w/ any $25 purchase. Code is clarity :)

Comments

• prettycatprettycat Posts: 669Member
    Thanks for the heads up ! Just purchased something to get the samples :)
  • laurensnlaurensn Posts: 74Member
    @entwashian I too have a love/hate relationship with flash shipping! Lol
  • TiskersTiskers Posts: 399Member
    That darn *free flash shipping* has cost me an arm and a leg too!!! :D

Real name is Lynn. So happy to be here! <3
    http://swap.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/user/23860/profile
  • bunnygirlbrembunnygirlbrem Posts: 419Member
    So...just made another purchase to get a second set of samples. No, I don't have a problem. :blush:
  • LunaLuna Posts: 1,898Member
    @Tiskers I totally agree! The flash shipping made taking advantage of all of the $25/$35 GWP offers that appealed to me way too easy. These GWP offers (and Sephora kits) were the primary reason why I made Rouge last year by March or April!!! :flushed:

So far I've been good this year (it hasn't even been two months yet, but I swear it feels like six already), and I haven't taken advantage of any $25 or $35 GWP offers (or purchased anything online from Sephora yet. Wow!). Although, I really do like it when Sephora does these multi sample packets because one packet usually lasts me far beyond one use, and it truly is a good way to really try new products (I'm currently about to finish up the multi pack sample of the Fresh Vitamin Nectar Vibrancy mask they offered last year). I'll admit, if I didn't already own a full sized Good Genes, and have at least 5 of the deluxe samples, I'd jump on this GWP in a heartbeat. :)
  • ShawnaShawna Posts: 998Member
    You guys are making me want to try the Sunday Riley now!
    @Luna I have about a dozen deluxe sizes, and I still jumped on this offer... twice. :-)
    @Shawna I'll try to remember to include a packet in our swap. :-)
  • ShawnaShawna Posts: 998Member
    @bunnygirlbrem Really?? That would be amazing! Thank you!!
    edited February 2017
    Btw, each packet is good for about four uses (and at 2 ml each is worth about $7 each), so this offer is a really good deal!
    @bunnygirlbrem hahaha I hear ya!! If it was the 2016 me, I would have done the exact same thing. :smile: When I purchased Sephora kits (or took advantage of random GWP offers from other stores) last year it wasn't because they were filled with products I didn't have & wanted to try, it was because there was at least one product I didn't have & wanted to try. Having duplicates of products I considered good was never a problem for me, because I justified it in that I basically had a full-sized product for "free". In fact I still love getting duplicates, but since I'm subbed to a lot of beauty boxes right now, I'm on an extreme online low buy (and an average low buy in stores), so I've been carefully weighing my online purchases. But I'll be keeping my eyes open for these types of GWPs once I cancel all of my subs in a few months!
  • entwashianentwashian Posts: 1,957Member
    Aw, my wee lil Babyfacial came today! It's so cute & tiny that I giggled when I opened the box! (and backlighting shows how full it actually is.)
  • kcheneykcheney Posts: 1Member
    Can anyone share what the 7 packets are? I'm tempted, but can't find more info.
    edited February 2017
    @kcheney They're all packets of the Good Genes, so you can follow the regimen for a week to see if it works for you.
  • DarCoDarCo Posts: 666Member
    Question. Have never ordered from sephora. Can you get two sample choices for 25 or is it a sample choice for every 25. Would like to try both the good genes and drunk elephant.
    http://swap.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/user/25130/profile I'm Darlene in the real world
    Be curious about the world around you, and never stop learning
  • Kelly1109Kelly1109 Posts: 410Member
    @DarCo pretty sure it's only one promo code per order. FYI I was in store yesterday and there was a Sunday Riley sample (some oil/serum thing not Good Genes) as one of the 100pt options you could get.
  • jeeinjeein Posts: 263Member
    @DarCo if it helps with your decision making, the sunday riley sample has been out of stock since this morning.
    @darco You can choose 3 free samples (they're usually tiny) with any online order, and then you can separately apply a promo code that can vary. On their website under the "today" tab, it lists the various gwp promo codes. They are usually for 25$ or 35$ purchases. Hope that helps!
    And you can also redeem points for different deluxe samples on top of the 3 free and the promo codes.
    edited February 2017
    @DarCo there are 3 ways to get freebies from Sephora. The first is the easiest & least reliable: they have about 8-10 samples listed that you can choose 3 of during checkout. However, I find these are often out of stock, and they substitute random ones. I usually don't receive all 3 that I chose. These types of samples are usually foils or small perfume vials.

The second way is to use a promo code -- you usually have to spend $25 or sometimes $35 minimum to redeem the code (entered in a text field at checkout). You can only use one code per order, and if you've already used a code in a previous order, you usually cannot use the code again. I've always gotten the correct product by doing this, no substitutes like with the 3-sample choice. Theses types of samples are "deluxe" samples, usually sent in a scaled-down size of the regular product packaging.

The third way is to sign up for their Beauty Insider program & earn points by buying things. Rewards start at 100 points, and the list of rewards you can get is updated about once a month. Good stuff "sells out" fast. You can only redeem your points as an extra to a new purchase. You can get multiples of the same sample on multiple purchases. You can also get a free sample, no points needed, if you make an order on your birthday.
    Haha and of course as soon as I write all that, I see that Sephora actually has a special promo for choosing FIVE free samples of lip product foils today!
  • DarCoDarCo Posts: 666Member
    Thanks everyone for your responses
    http://swap.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/user/25130/profile I'm Darlene in the real world
    Be curious about the world around you, and never stop learning
    edited February 2017
    Just to add on about promo codes and point perks.... With the exception of one time, I've always been able to re-use the same promo code on multiple purchases. I used to always do that with the multi-pack GWP offers or when one code had different deluxe samples I wanted to try. So, it might not hurt to try re-using a promo code if it really appeals to you.

Regarding the point perks, you can actually redeem points in the Sephora store without purchasing anything. All you need to do is present your card (or give your email address) and tell them you'd like to redeem some points. I've done this plenty of times when I've been in a Sephora with someone (who is purchasing something while I am not) and see something on their 100- or 500-point display. You can redeem them for a single item, multiple items or multiples of the same item.

ETA: I've also had horrible luck with getting the 3 samples I'd pick. I'd be lucky if I got one of the samples I chose!
  • PlaidGirlPlaidGirl Posts: 948Member
    Has anyone tried both the Sunday Riley Good Genes and the PSMH Goldfadden want to give me their thoughts on how the two products compare? Do you use them in the same way or do you use them differently? I know the instructions say to put the Goldfadden on for 1-3 minutes and then rinse off while the Good Genes you just leave on. Is that how you all use it?

Thanks for you thoughts on this.
    PM me for my swap profile. :)