Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone tried the NYDJ (not your daughters jean) Brand?

nancytnancyt Posts: 918Member
I have been wanting to get a pair of these and was wondering how they fit-more specifically the ALINA Jeans that are suppose to make you feel and look one size smaller? RV $134.00. (I read somewhere that Dia & Co. had some at one time).

Comments

• lalalalalala Posts: 1,485Member
    I LOVE NYDJ. It's the only kid I wear. But...I no longer purchase them at Nordstrom (where I did the first time). I get them at Nordstrom Rack when they have them (it's around $50 at the most there) or I even look on eBay.

I don't do the Alina style because I don't like skinny jeans on my body, but I wear bootcut styles and own at least 4 pairs right now: black, brown and two regular styles (one is almost worn out, though).

You should go try them on somewhere. I wear a 14W, which fits perfectly. The 16W was what I had originally and they stretch out too much and feel like they're falling off.
  • MariaNGMariaNG Posts: 1,751Member
    @nancyt I bought a pair online but wear them about as much as my other jeans. I'd have to look but I don't think they're the ALINA type--they're probably the regular style.
  • xoxolesleyxoxolesley Posts: 234Member
    Definitely try Nordstrom Rack @nancyt - they always have them at my local store. I've never tried them so can't vouch for fit or quality.
  • SamanthaLSamanthaL Posts: 996Member
    While I don't think they promise to make you look smaller, I find that Joe's Jeans is the only brand that consistently fits me and flatters my figure. I've bought pairs from resale shops, Nordstrom Rack, and the Joe's Jeans outlet, so I've never paid full price for them. I think it's important to find what brand fits well with your body type, cause so many will fit poorly from person to person. I find that most jeans are too long for me, too large in the waist, and too small in the booty and thigh area. Joe's Jeans in the ankle length or petite fit work pretty well for me, though I still have to roll up the cuffs sometimes cause I'm short. :smile: But I'm not super short (5'3 1/2") and know plenty of people shorter than me, so I feel like the length of jeans don't make any sense to me.
  • ducktorwhoducktorwho Posts: 597Member
    I love NYDJ. I don't think they actually make me look any smaller (I guess they may flatten my stomach a bit), but they're comfortable and go up high enough that I don't have to worry about muffin top. I buy them on eBay. I just checked my purchase history and the pair that I have that I wear a lot are the Alina. I paid $25 for a pair that was almost new.
  • allisenallisen Posts: 143Member
    I love the fit and find them both comfortable and flattering. Unfortunately, the washes tend to be a little mom-ish. I wish they paid a little more attention to that.
  • ZuZusPetalsZuZusPetals Posts: 842Member
    @nancyt NYDJ are high quality jeans, but I think they work better for some body types than others. I have tried on several pairs of NYDJ but have never found one that fit well. I need a curvier fit in my pants (brands like lucky and kut from the kloth work better for me). Good luck in your jeans quest ;)
    @allisen Well, their name stands for 'Not Your Daughter's Jeans'. I think they are SUPPOSED to be a little mom-ish :smiley:
  • CynthiaCynthia Posts: 21Member
    @nancyt I love the bootcut style! They are the only jeans that fit me really well. I ordered a pair from thredup. Their leggings are also great, but you do have to order a size smaller. I found those on Amazon.
  • SamanthaLSamanthaL Posts: 996Member
    @ZuZusPetals I'm really hoping that I become a mom one day, but never start dressing in mom jeans, lol.
  • allisenallisen Posts: 143Member

@allisen Well, their name stands for 'Not Your Daughter's Jeans'. I think they are SUPPOSED to be a little mom-ish :smiley:

Haha! I know I know. I am a mom, and appreciate the tummy control for my misshapen belly, but I'd still like washes not to announce to the world that I need tummy control :)
  • CCCCCCCC Posts: 1,025Member
    @nancyt FYI- those are all over Poshmark, if you wanted to try them out for a low price.
    @SamanthaL I support every lady's right to choose whatever fashion makes her feel best, whether that means embracing or avoiding Mom jeans. :)
  • ducktorwhoducktorwho Posts: 597Member
    I have a pair of dark wash and I don't think they look like mom jeans. I also have a pair of grey pants from them and they don't look mom-ish to me either.
    I have to agree with @ducktorwho. My latest pair my husband asked me if I was trying to be 'cool' because the wash was very on-trend.
  • megabnmegabn Posts: 107Member
    I wear NYDJ alllll the time (and yes, mostly from Nordstrom Rack). I'm super curvy and find they are the only brand that fits my hip and also my waist. Be careful with the embellishments that they do on some of them if you're buying online (Says the single girl in NYC who is definitely not a Mom). :wink:
  • WendyWendy Posts: 523Member
    If your body type is curvy Maurice's has some really nice, flattering and comfortable jeans.
  • HillaryHillary Posts: 294Member
    I'm a mom of six, so I can speak to this one :). I don't want to look like I'm in "mom jeans" and have found Kut from the Kloth to be great. I also have one pair of NYDJ and they look good too. But nothing replaces trying them on b/c everyone is different!
  • MariaNGMariaNG Posts: 1,751Member
    @Hillary I think that was my issue. I bought online and did not try on first. And @lalala I think your experience is why I don't wear them very much--they have stretched out, and so are around the house wear now.
  • HillaryHillary Posts: 294Member
    Good point @MariaNG --I haven't worn NMDJ enough yet to find out if they will stretch out and loose shape. I won't like them if they do that!
    One brand that seems to keep its shape and wash well is Talbots. They do eventually get worn in the knees and fade over time; but considering how many times I am up and down to clean something or someone, pick up, sit on the floor to play, etc. they are terrific. They have just enough "give" to be comfortable but not too much that they loose shape or support right after putting them on. I look for sales in store or try online eBay/ThredUp.
  • Chris-n-SacChris-n-Sac Posts: 547Member
    I love NYDJ, but have found that the different styles can fit very differently, so trying on, or buying from a place with a good return policy is key. Like many others have said, I recommend trying Nordstrom Rack if you have one nearby, or their online store, HauteLook, if not, as both allow 90 days for returns (in new condition, with the tags on).
  • michellemccmichellemcc Posts: 632Member
    As a mom of 26 and 23 year old sons I still do not want to look like I am wearing mom jeans. Lol. I like the NYDY jeans but I prefer jeans by Buckle. I am curvy but have a tiny waist. It is hard to find jeans that will fit the junk in my trunk but do not gap at the waist. NYDJ never fit like I want them too. I also like the jeans from Maurices. They are much less expensive but fit well
  • ShawnaShawna Posts: 902Member
    Holy cow, I haven't seen a Buckle or a Maurices in YEARS. They don't exist in Orlando or Los Angeles, that I can tell!
  • KKHKKH Posts: 492Member
    @nancyt I like some of their styles and I'm really picky about jeana. I usually wear citizens of humanity though.
  • TreeTree Posts: 37Member
    @nancyt i have 10 pair of nydj jeans plus trousers skirts and shorts. The quality is good and they last a while. I have not gotten rid of 1 pair. Sizing can be tricky because they do stretch. I normally downsize
  • nancytnancyt Posts: 918Member
    @lalala @MariaNG @SamanthaL @xoxolesley @ducktorwho @allisen @ZuZusPetals @Wendy @CCCC @Hillary @Tree @KKH @Shawna @michellemcc @Chris-n-Sac @megabn @Cynthia I really appreciate all the feedback on these jeans, I normally never spend a hundred dollars on a pair of jeans, but these sound great. I will check Thred-up,HauteLook,& Posh, Amazon, & Ebay. It would be super fantastic if I could find a pair for $25.00, what a bargain! The last time I was in Maurice's I think I had grown out of their sizes. I am also 5ft 31/2 inches, everything I have tried at Gwyniee Bee falls off after a couple hours. Unfortunately I would have to drive to Kansas City or St. Louis(I live in between) and there is no :'( Nordstrom Rack) so I will order online and size down! Again Thank you ladies for all your advice, looks like I am going on an internet adventure! I am Overjoyed with all your comments. Thank you so much!!
  • nancytnancyt Posts: 918Member
    Macys has them, very close to where I live, so I will be able to try some on. YeAh!!
    @nancyt I hope you find something (even if it's not NYDJ)! Good luck!
  • KKHKKH Posts: 492Member
    @nancyt you can order from Nordstrom Rack online. I find it easier than sorting through stuff in their store!