Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ricky's Cult Crushes April 2017 - Feb 2018 [SPOILERS]

entwashianentwashian Posts: 2,115Member
edited February 17 in All Other Boxes
I posted about this box last month when they had a super great Earth Day themed box, and since it's only $11 a month, I decided to stick with it. This month's isn't quite as nice, and looks like it features a discontinued shade of eye shadow. But I anticipated both of those things from looking at past reviews, and I think this is a pretty good box. Actually, it reminds me a LOT of Beautycon this month.

It contains: Bioderma micellar water (3.3 oz), Ricky's brand cotton squares (maybe 20?), Nyx Bright Idea highlighter/blush stick (in the shade Pinkie Dust, might vary), Blossom roll-on lip gloss (cherry scent, may vary), & LASplash Diamond Dust in Smoky Quartz (may vary).
Post edited by entwashian on

Comments

• entwashianentwashian Posts: 2,115Member
  • SJPSJP Posts: 2,248Member
    Looks like a fun box! :)
    ***Please be aware that I don't always get notifications when tagged.***
  • CarynCaryn Posts: 107Member
  • LunaLuna Posts: 1,984Member
    Not bad for $11. :smile:
    Ricky's NYC has 25% off their site this weekend. I was able to apply the memorial25 code to the Cult Crushes box, making it $8.25.
    edited July 2017
    So, a weird thing happened in June. Cult Crushes emailed me & told me my credit card transaction didn't go through. I looked into it & nothing was wrong, so I kinda shrugged & figured that I didn't *need* the sub, anyway. Then I saw an unboxing of it on YouTube, and I was kind of relieved about not getting it, lol.

Anyway, to my surprise, I *did* get billed for Cult Crushes this month! And it's already here! Everything is deluxe sample size this time. The July box has: June Jacobs Papaya Purifying enzyme masque (1 oz), Melanie Mills bronze gold body radiance (1 oz, came with info card in a vellum bag), Klorane sun lightening spray (0.3 oz), Skindanavia makeup finishing spray (0.66 oz), & RickyCare Cleansing Wipes (10 pack).

Not sure this is worth the $11, but I'll be keeping 3/5 of the products. And it's good timing for the RickyCare wipes, since the Burts Bees wipes sent in a previous box are almost gone. (I had immediately put the jar in my travel bag, where it stayed for use whenever I dog-sit.)
    This August box is definitely my favorite since the Earth Day box! And it has a pretty crazy RV for the $11 price tag... AND it's here super early!

What it has:
    - Skyn Iceland Eye Relief Cream (0.169 oz, approx $15.50 RV -- this is 1/3 of the full size, so for an eye cream that's a good score!)

- Dr. Pawpaw Tinted Peach Papaya Balm (0.85 oz, full size, $12.50)

- Crimes of Beauty bag ($12.50 -- mine says "Makeup Junkie", but they have other sayings, too, so I bet this is a variant item)

- PreHeels spray (1.5 oz, $15 -- I actually bought this as a FFF add-on... and never used it. Oops.)

- RickyCare Original 3D Blender sponge (RV $10 -- though I usually think RickyCare house brand items are reasonably priced, this seems a bit high to me)
    So this is really cool... 2 weeks ago, I got an email from Cult Crushes asking me to fill out a survey. Once finished with the survey, I could then send an email to them requesting any of the past boxes.

It was a really brief survey, so I filled it out. I never got a response, so I kind of forgot about it until today, when I got the box I requested. It's another one of the amazing Earth Day boxes.
    What a great box & amazing customer service @entwashian !
    @SJP I'm excited I got the same scent of deodorant as the first time, lol. I'm waiting until cooler weather to try & transition into the natural deodorant.
    I don't know what was in the Earth Day box but the August box looks great! You are brave to transition to natural deodorant. I do not experiment with deodorants---it took me way too long to finally find something I like in the first place. (I get twitchy when Secret changes the fragrances & I almost lose it if I can't find either of the 2 fragrances I can use! ;) )
    @SJP The Earth Day/April box is the 2nd post in this thread. Burts Bees wipes (I've already used up the original one I got!), Crazy Rumors lip balm, Ella+Mila nail polish, Meow Meow Tweet deodorant, & RickyCare konjac sponge (we get one RickyCare item every month, & this is the best one so far, IMO).

I use Lady Speed Stick clear gel, which can be hard to find. I typically end up buying multipacks on Amazon. Fortunately, they've always made an unscented version in addition to the rotating fragrance cycle depending on whatever is trendy in the market. I've used this since I was a teen, so I have no idea how a switch to natural would go!
    25% off at Ricky's NYC again with the code DRAGCON. I was able to apply it to the Cult Crushes box in my cart.
  • vanessavanessa Posts: 19Member
    Thanks for the code! I'm going to try them.
  • CynmCynm Posts: 31Member
    Any coupons available to try this box?
    @Cynm I don't know of any right now... but it's only $11, and that includes shipping!
    Is this box still available?
    @entwashian thanks for answering!
    @SJP I was able to get the April box near the end of the month, so I think it would be. You'd have to email CS to be sure. (I did this in April. CS got back to me within a couple of days.)
    Thanks @entwashian . :)
  • VerkatertFinaVerkatertFina Posts: 3,204Member
    I ordered as well. That's too good to resist! That z palette and mask was hard to resist. your discoveries are awesome @entwashian
    - Formerly known as Grishma (and no I did NOT lose a bet!)
    http://swap.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/user/29750/profile
    Hey @entwashian you might have an answer..can the colourpop pressed powders go on zpalettes?
  • lynndeannelynndeanne Posts: 921Member
    Customer service says orders placed now will receive September box.
  • chrischris Posts: 3,974Member, Moderator
    Here is Cult Crushes in the Subscription Box List:
    http://boxes.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/box/cult-crushes
    I ordered hope I do get the sept box
    They are fast. Shipment confirmed within 12hrs of placing the order. I'll be a little sad if I don't get the Z. Fingers crossed.
    edited September 2017
    @Grishma yes, the CP pressed powders do go in any magnetic palette. They even sell their own, which I swear I've had in my CP cart at least 3 times, but never pulled the trigger on. I'm very happy about that right now, lol!
  • mimiretzmimiretz Posts: 643Member
    I just listed the flat iron if anyone is interested.
    @entwashian Can you tell me approximately how many Colourpop pressed shadows would fit in this Z Palette?