Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$10.00 gift card at Nordstrom when you join their free Rewards program

nancytnancyt Posts: 918Member
This is an offer from Nordstrom. Just join their free Rewards program before July 21st. They will send you a free $10 gift card. This can be used to make a $10 item free as there is no mention of a minimum purchase. The only thing you need to do is sign up for their free rewards club. There are many items you can get for free with that $10 card.

Comments

• LeahLeah Posts: 3,925Member
    Goodness, I read this as $1000 gift card, and I thought it was a post about a raffle!
  • Randi2Randi2 Posts: 2,239Member
    @Leah maybe a $1000 giftcard with a $10,000 min purchase... you know, just like how sub boxes do it :smirk:
  • mvpmvp Posts: 391Member
    edited May 17
    @Leah hallucinations now? Not that a free $1000 Nordies GC isn't hallucination worthy, but I'm starting to get concerned over here. I think maybe it's time for that Advil, Dear. And a warm beverage. ;)

(I wonder if your second thought, after thinking it read $1000 was how to parlay that Nordstrom's money into fancy LE black box money? I kinda feel like mines would be.) :smile:
    @nancyt do you know if this is different from their rewards program that is tied into the Nordstrom Card? Wondering if it's a whole separate thing.
  • LunaLuna Posts: 1,720Member
    @mvp It's the same idea, but separate from their rewards program tied to their debit & credit cards. I have both a Nordstrom debit & credit card, and they're each tied to their own rewards accounts. Unfortunately, they don't merge. :(
  • Ponder88Ponder88 Posts: 697Member
    We have a Nordstrom at one of our nearby malls. 10 free smackers sounds good to me! Thanks @nancyt !
  • nancytnancyt Posts: 918Member
    @mvp Sorry all I know is I am getting $10.00 :s
    edited May 17
    @mvp I'm definitely having hallucinations. That's all. There's no punchline.

And no, I didn't connect it to Luxor Black Box :) I wouldn't need that if I had $1000 to Nordstrom! (I can spend it on ONE La Mer jar! Yay!)

Btw, I have the same question about how this connects to their rewards program. They usually offer an incentive to sign up for that program this time of year, in anticipation of their anniversary sale. I'm not sure if you can get this $10 if you already have their credit/debit card.
    @Luna Dagnabbits!!!! Me too- have those, but sucky to hear they don't merge. Like seriously, Nordies. Have your rewards programs make like Olive Garden and treat me like family!

No worries, @nancyt ! I appreciate your letting me know anyway! ;)

@Leah I wonder that as well. See above. They need to merge and treat us/the rewards we earn across the programs like family. Although I will say its been a lonnnnnggg time since I've even been to an OG, probably because there was some yucky, unfamily-like-ness happenings the last time we went.

Holey moleys, my productivity levels aren't even chart worthy today. Yikes.
    edited May 17
    @leah You can sign up for this rewards card even if you already have a Nordstrom debit and/or credit card. While they work the same, they're separate rewards accounts. Also, I could be totally wrong, so you may want to look into this, but I think you can link that rewards card to any non-Nordstrom card. Last year, I signed up for this offer, I'm sure intending to link it to a non-Nordstrom card (and for the $10 reward), but never got around to it. I do know I never actually received a physical rewards card from them, so that's what's making think this.
  • dsbldsbl Posts: 1,329Member
    I signed up but I didn't get the $10. Is it supposed to come in the mail? Or text? Or email? Is it supposed to come later?
    @debbiesblim I believe you will be receiving it in the form of a Nordstrom note in the mail. I do remember it took around a week or so to get to me.

I just remembered there is a difference between this reward program vs. the one attached to the debit/credit cards.... with this one I'm pretty sure you only get 1 point for every dollar spent, but if you use the debit/credit card you get 2 points for every dollar spent. Now I remember why I decided to stick with using the Nordstrom cards.
    Huh. I'm still confused. I sign up for a new rewards program, get $10, but then when I make purchases at Nordstrom using my Nordstrom card, where do I get credited for those purchases?
  • dsbldsbl Posts: 1,329Member
    @leah If you sign up for this rewards program, you provide your phone number to the sales rep to pull up your account (I guess I was wrong when I originally stated that you could possibly link it to a non-Nordstrom card). And, you'll get 1 point for every $1 spent. These rewards will accrue separately in a different rewards "account" than those rewards that accrue from your Nordstrom card purchases. For example, I have a Nordstrom debit and credit card. Depending on the purchase, I'll use one or the other. The points I accrue from my debit card purchases do not consolidate with the points I accrue from my credit card purchases. Maybe a call to customer service could merge them(?), like how Sephora does with two separate accounts.

However, I'm now wondering if you could take advantage of both of their rewards program by giving your phone number to the sales person to get credit in your non-Nordstrom card rewards account, then use your Nordstrom card to pay for the purchase to also get credit on your Nordstrom card rewards account.
    @Luna But why would I want to do that? I'm gathering points through my Nordstrom card to get Nordstrom Notes. Why would I want to start over with a different rewards program?
    @leah Exactly. I think this is for Nordstrom customers who don't want to sign up for a Nordstrom debit or credit card.
    @Luna Got it. That's actually nice that they can have a program. I signed up for the credit card because I wanted early access to the anniversary sale. I wonder if this rewards program provides the same benefit.