Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Forum Exchange [June 2017] - What theme should we do next?

chrischris Posts: 3,862Member, Moderator
edited June 10 in Swaps
We are wrapping up our most recent forum exchange:

LOCAL COLOR BOX EXCHANGE GUIDELINES – Wrapping Up
http://forum.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/discussion/4688/local-color-box-exchange-guidelines-wrapping-up

LOCAL COLOR BOX EXCHANGE - PHOTO REVEAL THREAD
http://forum.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/discussion/4847/local-color-box-exchange-photo-reveal-thread

What theme should we do next? We are expecting to begin signups next week with the exchange concluding sometime in July.
Post edited by chris on

Comments

• JackiecupcakeJackiecupcake Posts: 1,074Member
    I was thinking something like "Summer Fun" - but I have a feeling a lot of summer sub-boxes will be doing the same thing.
  • LexLex Posts: 380Member
    I liked the white elephant and favorites exchange. It would be cool to have an exchange to get rid of something that's in sub boxes a lot that you don't use (black liner, dry shampoo etc) and give it to someone who does use it but that might be too specific.

Made in the USA is a really cool idea but unfortunately I think it would be really difficult to do (too few things actually made here).
  • 2crazyspaniels2crazyspaniels Posts: 194Member
    I like the idea of a wanderlust or staycation box. The "treat yo-self" pampering of a stay-cation would be very welcome about now. :)
  • CheyChey Posts: 609Member
    @Lex I love that idea! I put all of my dry shampoo into my extras box because I don't use it. I feel like everyone has that one common item in boxes that they love.
  • lotusflower13lotusflower13 Posts: 1,506Member
    @finlidan I'm with you on that. I've never done one and think it would be fun!
  • whitpickwhitpick Posts: 1,125Member
    @Chey side note: I am ALWAYS looking for dry shampoo if you ever want to swap a bunch :blush:
  • whitpickwhitpick Posts: 1,125Member
    I'm really excited to participate this time! I like the staycation idea.
  • CheyChey Posts: 609Member
    @whitpick I followed you on swaps! I just got rid of my last set so once I get another bunch I'll send you a request!
  • PamPam Posts: 2,221Member
    I love the staycation theme, or maybe a spa theme
  • BestAuntEverBestAuntEver Posts: 1,420Member
    I also like the staycation/spa theme. Having the questionnaire list your favorite travel destinations and/or environment vibes (tranquil, exciting, etc.) is a great idea @rachelnyc.
  • SarahFrancesSarahFrances Posts: 628Member
    Add another "vote" for staycation. I also love the ideas that @Nyx mentioned and would happily participate in either of those as well.
  • DarCoDarCo Posts: 618Member
    I love the idea of a staycation. The questionnaire would be helpful to curate a box towards the recipients idea of a vacation. Ie: relaxing/spa, adventure, family/or me time, types places to go, etc
    http://swap.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/user/25130/profile I'm Darlene in the real world
    Be curious about the world around you, and never stop learning
  • HeatheryHeathery Posts: 1,313Member

There used to be a box reviewed that celebrated obscure random holidays. I think doing something like that would be fun.

YAAAASSSSSS. Today is National Chocolate Chip day -- fun foodie box. It's also National Love a Tree Day -- great hippie/yogi-esque box.

Swap Profile ~*~ Goodreads ~*~ PaperBackSwap Profile
    "Be strong," I whispered fervently to my wifi signal.

• MicheleMichele Posts: 156Member
    I participated in the color swap but I didn't do the local exchange. I think that one would be fun for those of us that didn't participate in it or those that like it & want to do it again.
  • lizRlizR Posts: 575Member
    I like the Made in the USA or Staycation exchange ideas. While I enjoyed the Traveling Box exchange last year, it did take a long time.
  • NyxNyx Posts: 1,549Member
    @mycatbutters - I was thinking the same thing! A vague staycation theme or spa day theme could end up being just a popsugar wannabe box. I'm hoping for something more unique or unusual out of our next big exchange, not just a 'safe' spa day box. Of course, if that's what everyone else wants, go for it and I will cheer from the sidelines! I don't need any more candles, bath bombs, tumblers or round towels unless it's a different theme.. I like the idea of a cute box that isn't kawaii, too!
  • EliseElise Posts: 628Member
    What about a Destination box? That allows for more personalization I think (Beach theme, great outdoors theme, ski bunny theme, specific country/city theme, etc) (staycation theme could be an option too?)
  • lisadlisad Posts: 2,347Member
    I love the staycation theme for sure!
  • BestAuntEverBestAuntEver Posts: 1,420Member
    @Elise Agreed, that would be cool.

I would not be interested in a random holiday theme or a glittery box. Definitely not my jam.
  • shelleyhuntshelleyhunt Posts: 116Member
    Gosh...I like pretty much every idea so far! Summer is my favorite time of year and I love anything beach/outdoor related. Love the idea of summer fun, backyard fun, staycation, spa and white elephant! I missed out on the color swap this time, so I would be down for that too.

I also like the traveling box...in my perfect world that would be a separate swap even if it started around the same time as this forum swap. That way we could have the best of both worlds!!
  • LexLex Posts: 380Member
    @Elise I think that's a great idea. I don't like traveling or most summer related items/activities but for "destination" I would put something like haunted castle and could get things that are dark and gothic and totally right up my alley.

Whatever the theme is there will still be a questionnaire so it will be suited to you, but a more specific theme definitely helps gives ideas for what to get.
  • rachelnycrachelnyc Posts: 736Member
    edited May 17
    Ooh! I think a "fandom" box could also be fun, where each person chooses one fandom (or other thing they love), and all of the items are from and/or relating to that thing.

I know not everyone is into nerd/geek stuff, but I think it would work well with other interests too– like if someone loves classic literature, their box might include a nice hardcover edition of a book, a print/bookmark/journal/etc with a quote from a favorite author, a quill pen, coffee/tea & hot drink accessories, Jane Austen-themed socks, a Victorian-inspired necklace, a throw or slippers for lazy reading days, etc ... if someone loves Japan, some fun Japanese snacks and candy, cherry blossom beauty items, home items/accessories from Japanese brands, etc.
    Or for a cat-lover...well, you could include just about anything because I'm pretty sure every item ever made is now available in a "cat" version, lol.

I don't know if it's just me, but I really love picking things out around a really specific theme, and something like that might make it feel more personalized than the boxes we get from our subscriptions? :)