Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Adidas Avenue A Fall 2017 SPOILERS

finlidanfinlidan Posts: 1,709Member
I just got this email! Interesting that they didn't spoil the shoes first.

Comments

• Randi2Randi2 Posts: 2,239Member
    Was just coming here to post the same thing!
  • finlidanfinlidan Posts: 1,709Member
    @Randi2 is it just me or does this bra look woefully unsupportive. Should be a good yoga bra though.
    @finlidan ya... I was a but skeptical on the support - but I was just happy to see something about the next box (I was a bit worried that after the last one they might end the sub)
    @jewlz I thought that too but I also remember people complaining that they always spoil the shoes first and not other stuff. They might just be mixing it up? Who knows
  • sarasara Posts: 3,699Member
    Agreed, @jewlz. Especially with the 3 item, no minimum RV.
    I would love to swap- ask me for my profile!
  • vg123vg123 Posts: 15Member
    edited June 20
    I think this is the bra: http://www.adidas.com/us/halter-bra/BR0466.html

It looks more supportive when you look at the back than you think it might be. But it still doesn't look like a great running bra.

It does look cute.

I really do hope the value of the next box is more than Spring. If not, I will unsubscribe. I don't want to risk not liking items for that much $$ for such a modest discount.
  • vg123vg123 Posts: 15Member
    Oh and isn't it kind of strange that they have not updated their website at all? I don't know since I'm a new subscriber with Summer box. But it is still showing the Spring box.
  • jewlzjewlz Posts: 1,265Member
    @finlidan i had no idea ppl didn't like the shoes being spoiled. since they are almost always the most expensive item and you get them in a specific size making them much harder to swap or gift I have thought that was very useful. If i have no use for the shoes in a specific box then I know to pass on it. If I like them my $150 is justified even if I don't love the other things. idk if I can justify $150 without knowing anything about the shoes. But they can't please everyone so good on them for trying I guess.
  • SouthernPrincessSouthernPrincess Posts: 280Member
    Hmmmm....not a great spoiler imo.
  • BendLBBagsBendLBBags Posts: 433Member
    I'm very underwhelmed by this spoiler, and am wondering if the Fall box is following the footsteps of the generally underwhelming Summer box. If the point of a spoiler is to generate interest and encourage subscribers to purchase, this does not do it for me. At all. I'm hoping that they will release a second spoiler of a "hero item" (if there is one) before the deadline to cancel. I've subscribed since their second box and would like to keep on, but am concerned that this sub may have run its course. I'll wait and see though.
  • jewlzjewlz Posts: 1,265Member
    Also to be fair, i'm an E cup so I'm probably biased on not caring about a sports bra spoiler lol.
  • SJPSJP Posts: 2,215Member
    I'm not interested in this sports bra so I would be more than happy to choose sizing for anyone who would like to swap for it.
    Swap Profile:http://swap.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/user/19989/profile

***Please be aware that I don't always get notifications when tagged, so if I haven't responded please PM me.***
  • cleegiantscleegiants Posts: 1,773Member
    Cross-posted in the unicorn thread, but for there's a Yoga bag from Stella McCartney Adidas on sale on Gilt for $49. Looks to be a little smaller than the one Avenue A had, but appears to be the same style.
    It does look better from the back if this is indeed the bra

• 2crazyspaniels2crazyspaniels Posts: 194Member
    I like it. I tend to reach for the soft Adidas sports bra from the last box far more than I thought I would. I like it for the (blazing) hot summer days where I'm not going out but still need a bra. It's comfy and soaks up all the yucky sweat!
    @2crazyspaniels That soft sports bra was made of wonderful material, wasn't it? I thought it was a great item!

***Please be aware that I don't always get notifications when tagged, so if I haven't responded please PM me.***
  • jojo1355jojo1355 Posts: 205Member
    I think it's really cute! And I'm glad they're including some color. I agree that it's not exciting, but I will use it.
    I really liked the summer box, it was just light. If they stick with this color combo and add a hoodie since it's fall, I'll be happy.
  • boxjoyboxjoy Posts: 2,689Member
    @2crazyspaniels I've been reaching for that bra as well. I like that it's supportive enough for light impact tasks around the house without feeling overly restrictive.
    @SJP yes! I got the orange one and I just wear it under darker shirts. Or, TBH, if I'm staying home, under whatever I want.

The summer leggings were too snug for me, but I know I'm on the edge of their sizing and I'm ok with it. I generally love the shoes + at least one other thing. So I'm happy.
    Ooh @jojo1355 it would be a great color for a hoodie! It is a gorgeous blue!!

@boxjoy exactly. I'm working from home this summer and it's perfect for sitting at my desk and light housework when I don't want to wear "grownup clothes"
    @2crazyspaniels The summer leggings were quite a bit tighter than the spring leggings---I was surprised at the difference in size.

• hkabshkabs Posts: 52Member
    I know I'm probably in the flat chested minority here, but this bra looks like it will work much better for me than those in past boxes! Fingers crossed for another spoiler or two.
    @SJP right? All the other leggings were ok for running when I want something snug, so I just left these on the table for a while (aka way too long). Just the other day I saw some ladies talking about how little they were and took a closer look! I ended up swapping almost immediately.
    @2crazyspaniels I'm glad you were able to swap them quickly. They definitely took the concept of "compression" to the next level! ;)

make sure to go in and update your size profile - I wasn't going to bc I didn't think anything had changed, but then I read a comment on the blog - they added cup size (so you choose band size and cup size)
    @Randi2 I even missed the change on the Avenue A site until it redirected me with the proper location indicated. This may make these a bit trickier to swap.

I was wondering about that when I looked at the link to the "possible" spoiler bra.
  • californiajanetcaliforniajanet Posts: 391Member
    @finlidan @randi I agree that it doesn't look supportive. Combining that with the fact that C/D cup is the largest size, it's not (to me) a very exciting spoiler, ~and~ the lackluster last box...and I just submitted my cancellation. If they release another more interesting spoiler, I'll probably rejoin. I guess there's always the risk that I won't be able to, but I have a hunch that they lost a lot of subscribers after this past box...so we'll see. I've loved Avenue A for the past year, and am really hoping they bring back their "A" game. $150 is a lot to spend on a box that you feel "meh" about...