Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Robb Vices - July 2017 - *Speculation* and *Spoilers*

AlexAlex Posts: 818Member
I thought since it's the first of July, we should start speculating! What could we see this time? I'm still wondering if they'll do some BBQ stuff, but who knows.

Comments

• boxjoyboxjoy Posts: 2,689Member
    I would love a grill-themed box. I would also love more tech items. Can't wait!
  • bunneebunnee Posts: 429Member
    It's summertime! I would love a grill box - with beer!
  • NightshiftNightshift Posts: 2,114Member
    It frustrates me that RV consideres "vices" to be mostly alcohol. I was talking about it with another forum member ( @mvp ) and she joked, "what is this, prohibition?" There are so many more things that can be considered vices.
    I think they've done a good job giving a nod to a few other vices, like the playing cards, a few things from the February box, and some of the decadent food. I have a hard time imagining they'd include tobacco, except maybe as a giftcard. @Nightshift What other vices do you have in mind? I'm curious.
  • Randi2Randi2 Posts: 2,239Member
    Don't forget that exercise is a "vice" lol... can't forget about those giftcards :wink:

That's one of those vices I've managed to stay away from... but kinda need to start "indulging" in soon
    @boxjoy I'm no vice connoisseur :naughty: so I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I tend to think indulgences, rather than alcohol. Like the Stelle speaker is something I would covet from afar, but never actually purchase. Does that make sense?
  • chefman987chefman987 Posts: 54Member
    Well what are vices? The wall paper could be considered Vanity. And it's just a cool name. Also my favorite thing is people who complain about the box from Spoilers, before they even get the box. Maybe the main vice is Greed Because the most complaints come from the lower value boxes or the ones without pricey tech
  • katyTkatyT Posts: 104Member
    Just got an email about rejoining. Looks like august will have an "awesome Indian Summer Survival Kit" for you subscribers
  • DianeERDianeER Posts: 1,203Member
    Well, their website FAQ says this regarding vices. Makes sense to me.
    The vices that we bring to you are the ones that bring the best virtues out of you when properly enjoyed. Every month is a new surprise which may bring you exceptional wines and spirits to enjoy, foods to taste, tools, toys, accessories, and gadgets that are worthy of your ownership. Each reflects an area of the good life that will make for the highlight of your month.
    @Nightshift Yes, the tech stuff is definitely not stuff I would seek out on my own but love to get. The last 2 boxes have not had any tech stuff so I would guess we'll see more of that stuff soon.
  • SaffySaffy Posts: 28Member
    I would love BBQ paraphernalia or techie camping equipment in one of these summer boxes!
  • miccartymiccarty Posts: 197Member
    Ooh, I love the idea of techie camping our outdoor stuff @Saffy!

Anything for grilling would be great as well. Pizza stuff seems right on for their themes, pizza is certainly a vice of mine.
    @chefman987 I'm not complaining about the lack of pricy tech, I just feel that a box that purports to introduce us to indulgences that we would normally not get for ourselves (see @DianeER 's post quoting RV's website above) seems very alcohol heavy to me. For example: based on the reviews available on MSA, in 2016, April, May, July, and October were all about alcohol. November and December heavily featured alcohol (even though it was not the hero item). June and September were not about alcohol and yet a bottle was included in each of those and it seemed very out of place and not cohesive with the theme. This year, May and June were all about alcohol and it made an appearance in February and March, but it was in line with the theme of those boxes. This is just my opinion. Many people love this box and the fact that it is so alcohol heavy.
  • ginamarie135ginamarie135 Posts: 639Member
    We love the alcohol and many of the alcohol items have definitely been bottles we wouldn't have maybe picked out ourselves (like the absinthe) but we have thoroughly enjoyed being exposed to.

But also since I"ve been a subscriber there have been multiple very expensive tech stuff like the Stelle speaker, the bluetooth headphones, the bluetooth earpiece, the misfit Ray, etc.
    Please ask for my swap id if you are interested!
  • ikimashokieikimashokie Posts: 165Member
    The only alcohol-complaint I have is my fiance gave me a hard time last month after the box kicked off a weekend of buying many bottles.

I guess the timing of the box means it's not conducive to 4 July celebration, but I think grilling and waterproof things would work. High end sunscreen? It's beach season, that's for sure.

(Or, my bonus box, that'd be nice too :lol: )
  • wldflowur13wldflowur13 Posts: 687Member
    I agree @Nightshift, in the beginning they seemed to have a good variety of items. Lately it seems like every box includes alcohol. I'd love to subscribe but since I don't drink alcohol a good portion of each month would not be used
    @ginamarie135 I just just coming back to add what you just mentioned :) In fairness, all of the alcohol themes have been different, tequila, scotch, absinthe, etc. with the idea that it is all new and interesting, exposing subscribers to new experiences.
  • daturadatura Posts: 3Member
    edited July 2
    Excited to see what this month brings...
    edited July 3
    @Randi2 @datura posted that their box was showing 22 lbs on the fedex tracker but they've since edited their comment. I shall edit mine :)
  • reneewreneew Posts: 694Member
    I just subscribed last month for a gift for my Dad, so I'm hoping for more good alcohol in July. :)
  • michellebellemichellebelle Posts: 410Member
    Yeah, we love all of the alcohol. ALL OF THE ALCOHOL.
  • chefman987chefman987 Posts: 54Member
    I was just being a troll. Sorry, I enjoy these threads. The funny thing is I love this box even tho I don't drink. I have a few friends who buy the alcohol from me so I make it great on some months. And since Indian summer is a hot September and October, I'm guessing things to cook us off like a high tech water bottle or maybe some grill items
  • SneakertreeSneakertree Posts: 159Member
    I love love love the idea of camping stuff!! The tommy johns certificate worked out so well for me last box I hope the gift cards from now on will stick to being actually useful. <3