Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Limited Edition Boxes, Kits, & Collections

LunaLuna Posts: 1,782Member
edited July 16 in General
I thought a thread could be started where we can all post on LE boxes, kits, & collections that have recently launched for which we haven't seen MSA post about yet. :smile:

Comments

• LunaLuna Posts: 1,782Member
    edited July 16
    The Mr. Porter Grooming Kit Summer 2017 just came out.

It is $95, contains 12 products, and it looks like only 4 products are geared specifically toward men! I always enjoy getting these boxes because I'll keep the unisex stuff then gift the men's products. :wink:

The box contains:
    - Allies of Skin 1A Overnight Mask (looks full-size)
    - Buly 1803's Crème Pogotomienne (shaving cream)
    - Marvis Peppermint Toothpaste
    - Patrick's Recovery Compound (shampoo & conditioner)
    - Sisley Ecological Compound Lotion
    - Erno Lazlo's Detoxifying Hydrogel Mask (1 sheet)
    - Clinique For Men Face Scrub
    - Dr. Barbara Sturm Cleanser
    - Lab Series All-in-One Shower Gel
    - Baxter of California Under Eye Complex
    - Oribe's Crème for Style

It doesn't state the total RV, and sizes aren't listed, but it looks like mostly travel sized products.

https://www.mrporter.com/en-gb/mens/mr_porter_grooming/mr-porter-grooming-kit--summer-2017/939054

@Liz Cadman

ETA: I updated the pricing to the USD. My computer was automatically going to the U.K. site for some reason, so I had to change the shipping destination to the U.S.
    Post edited by Luna on
    edited August 7
    Skinstore is offering a very similar Caudalie box to the Lookfantastic box that came out last month.

The box is $55 (~$150 value), and includes:
    - Micellar Cleansing Water (7oz - full size)
    - Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet (1.4oz - full size)
    - Resveratrol Life Eye Lifting Balm (.5oz - full size)*
    - Hand and Nail Cream (1oz)*
    - Instant Detox Mask (.5oz)
    - Vinoperfect Radiance Serum (.35oz)
    * Not in Lookfantastic box

Code "SKSTR10" saves 10% on the box, bringing it to $49.50 (free shipping on orders over $49).
    If you spend $60, this Ren skincare kit will automatically be added: https://www.skinstore.com/ren-seriously-good-kit/11381175.html

I tested the code & the Ren gift, and they all work. :smile:

Also, relinking the Mr. Porter Grooming Kit box, as I think my original link may have gone to the U.K. site (for some reason my computer kept defaulting to the U.K. site). ...

https://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/mr_porter_grooming/mr-porter-grooming-kit--summer-2017/939054

@Liz Cadman
    Post edited by chris on
    Ooops! I forgot to include the link to the Skinstore/Caudalie box... I think that would help. :smile:

https://www.skinstore.com/beauty-box/skinstore-x-caudalie-limited-edition-box-worth-150/11464442.html
  • LeahLeah Posts: 4,093Member
    Great thread, @Luna! Thank you for putting in the work.
    Thanks Leah! :blush:
  • PlaidGirlPlaidGirl Posts: 935Member
    Thanks for the info @Luna! I'll definitely be checking this thread as I feel like you're always in the know about cool skincare launches and boxes. :)
    PM me for my swap profile. :)
    Caroline Hiron's Cult Beauty Box which came out earlier this year is re-launching in early July. You can sign up to be on the waitlist here (sorry for the long link):

https://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/competitions/cult-beauty-box-caroline-hirons?redirect&ref=autocomplete&ranMID=35269&ranEAID=TnL5HPStwNw&ranSiteID=TnL5HPStwNw-LdWuHCob.19iGt8U7LM82g&utm_source=LS&utm_medium=affil&utm_campaign=generic&siteID=TnL5HPStwNw-LdWuHCob.19iGt8U7LM82g&publisher_name=Skimlinks.com

The box is 170GBP (285GBP value), but this price includes a 16.67% U.K. tax that only U.K. residents have to pay, so at checkout the box is actually 141GBP ($185 - for $373 value).

The box includes the following (all full sizes):
    - Pixi Double Cleanse
    - Dr. Dennis Gross Universal Peel Pads (this may be the exception to the full size, as I believe this only contained 5 applications, but maybe that is the full-size?)
    - Indie Lee CoQ10 Toner
    - Tata Harper Restorative Eye Cream
    - Zelens Power D Treatment Drops
    - January Labs Moisture Balancing Lotion

The box is supposed to re-launch at the end of July. I believe these typically sell out to those on the waitlist, so I think the past two boxes weren't even sold to the general public on Cult Beauty's website.

@Liz Cadman
    @PlaidGirl My pleasure!! :smile:
    edited July 26
    Fyi: The Caroline Hiron's box mentioned above will be going on sale to those on the waitlist, then will become available to the general public if any are left over. I believe in the past I've received the emails around 5am-6am PST.

@Liz Cadman
  • ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 338Member
    For anyone interested, I just received an email that those Caroline Hiron boxes are available right now! My email email arrived around 7:30 AM EST. I cut way back on my monthlies so I couldn't resist. If I'm calculating correctly, I was billed $184.81 (not including the fee my bank slaps on international transactions!)
    edited July 26
    For now, I believe the Caroline Hirons box can only be sold to those that signed up on the waitlist prior to today. I just checked, and the waitlist is now closed. If any are still available, they will be sold to the general public eventually, but I'm not sure how long Cult Beauty waits to make them available to the general public (a day or two?).

@Claudia I'm so glad you got a box!!! I hope you like it! :smile:
    Curl Box is selling their Curl Box Body LE box for $25 + $5 shipping. It's a mystery box, but they always include 5 or more full-sized products with maybe some deluxe samples thrown in, and maybe a couple of generously sized packet samples as bonuses. They typically focus on one brand in each box, and the last two boxes included all Shea Moisture products and Eden Bodyworks products. It's definitely one of those boxes where you wonder, "How did they fit all of that in there?!?" :smiley:

http://www.curlbox.com/prod-18-1-341-1/curlbox-body-volume-vi.htm

@Liz Cadman
    Violet Grey just came out with 3 new gift sets:

The Best Hostess $125
    •Mini Diptyque Baies Candle
    •Tatcha Indigo Soothing Silk Hand Cream
    •Sea Bottle Softening Hand Wash

TSA Approved Beauty Set $86
    •Lanolips Rose Hand Cream Intense
    •Bioderma Sensibio H20 Wipes
    •René Furterer NaturiaDry Shampoo In Travel Size
    •True Botanicals Hydrating Mist
    •Ilia Balmy Nights

Endless Summer Set $229
    •Playa Endless Summer Spray
    •The Yves Durif Comb
    •Christophe Robin Moisturizing Hair Cream SPF 8
    •Vita Liberata Trystal Minerals Self Tanning Mineral Bronzer
    •Tatcha Dewy Skin Face Mist
    •Eau Thermale Avéne Ultra-Light Hydrating Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50 For Face

Here's the link to all of their gift sets: https://www.violetgrey.com/category/gifts/gift-sets

@Liz Cadman
  • shellsshells Posts: 510Member
    @Luna I've been wanting to try the Indie Lee CoQ10 Toner and the Tata Harper Restorative Eye Cream forever. The waitlist is closed, unfortunately but I hope I'll be able to get future boxes :) If you ever decide you'd like to part with either items, I'd be happy to buy or swap!
    @shells I just noticed that you can purchase the box right now! Here's the link:

https://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/caroline-hirons-the-cult-beauty-box-may-17.html

@Liz Cadman
    @Luna you're the absolute best! (though certainly not for my wallet :) )
    I wish I had gone back earlier, @ Luna I would have taken a look for the Curl body box. I get so many emails from Cult beauty and they have amazing brands but when faced with an LE box I generally swoop in quickly. I think their YOU15 code is still active, but not for the LE box
    @Claudia I'm the same with LE boxes. I jump in right away if I see something I like (sometimes even missing out on discount codes :neutral: ). I was actually just thinking yesterday, that before my summer no-buy is over I need to come up with a rating or numbering system to determine if a box is really worth it to me. Before, if there was at least one item in there that I didn't have, but wanted to try, the rest being duplicates, and no more than a couple/few products (depending on the size of the box) that I'd gift then I'd get it.... mostly for that new-to-me item, plus I generally don't mind duplicates. However, I want to change up that mindset a little bit and put much more emphasis on the new-to-me products, with a little more weight to the gifted items, and very little weight to the duplicates. Fortunately, I'm a numbers girl, so I'm sure I'll come with some over-the-top average weighted formula system to take all of those factors into account, along with the price & personal value of the box, and number of items.
    @Luna once you develop a system please share it with us! If even a single product appeals to me I find myself just blindly purchasing. As a result I have accumulated so many sampled once or never opened products. If there was a better way to pass them on I wouldn't mind so much. I don't want to list and pay for the shipping on 300+ deluxe or even full-sized samples. I see that sometimes women will get togther to purchase a Lux box and divide the cost by which items they plan to keep. I'm not on here often enough to make that do-able (Actually, I'm here a hell of a lot but I have never tried to negotiate one of those deals).

I saw a thread here somewhere in the forum yesterday where people were listing items that they're stockpiling. That looks like a good idea!
    @Claudia I did develop a ranking system yesterday, as I didn't feel like using the brain power needed to come up with something elaborate (I tried, but I realized I don't want to think that hard if it's not work related).

I broke my spreadsheet down into three areas: 1) LE Boxes/GWPs, 2) Subs, and 3) Sales.

For LE Boxes/GWPs, I have subgroups that I rank: Price, Frequency of LE box/GWP, % of Duplicate Products, % of New-to-Me Products, % of Gifted Products, and how many purchases in that week I made. Those purchases will include Sales too.

For Subs, I have the subgroups: Price/box (including broken down price for prepaids), Prepaid Price, # of Current Subs, Type of Sub (i.e. Natural/Skincare, General Beauty, K-beauty, etc.), Frequency of Box, Current Sub Spending/Month (i.e. how much are my current subs "costing" me on a monthly basis; if I prepay, I'll spread that cost out).

For Sales, I only have two subgroups: % off and how many purchases I made that week (including LE boxes & GWPs). I think I may add the subgroup: frequency of sale to this too.

For each subgroup I have a ranking of 5 to 1 (5 being good) for the different criteria I established for that respective subgroup. Some subgroups only have a ranking that go down to 3, but that's because I had a more limited set of criteria. For the groups LE Boxes/GWPs & Subs, if I highlight more 5's than anything, then it's a go, but if I highlight more 4's or if only three 5's are highlighted (since there's six subgroups in each group, thus 5's don't have the majority), then I'll refer to a specific subgroup in that group, and if my ranking is over a certain number than I'll go for it. If 1's to 3's dominate, then I'll just pass.

For Sales, since there's only two criteria, I just used a sum of the two, and if it's above a certain total, then I'll go for it, if it's between a certain number I'll look at a particular subgroup to see how I ranked it, then decided from there. And of course, if it's below a certain total, I'll pass.

Typed out, I'm sure it probably reads kind of complicated and time consuming just to make a purchase decision, but it's really not. It's just a matter of me highlighting each subgroup, and (for LE boxes/GWPs/Subs, for example) if it's mostly 5's (yay!), mostly 4's or 5's tied (take a sec to look how I ranked a certain subgroup, then yay! or pass), mostly 1's or 3's (pass).

I actually thought it was silly that I was making up this spreadsheet just to decide whether or not to make a purchase, as I think it would be inherent to any "normal" person on whether or not they'd want something, but for me since I want it all, but know that's not practical, I'm trying my best to change my mindset on my beauty purchases by being more mindful of them, so this is a quick reference to determine if it's truly "right" for me. :smile:
    I forgot to say that for that subgroup of how many purchases I made that week, I also look at how much I spent as well.
    @Luna I think it's great :) Excel was my bread and butter in my last job, so I also created a subscription spreadsheet that tracks all my current boxes, my LE purchases, and what I'm currently using and have been hoarding, and use that to decide whether or not to make a purchase. Otherwise, I would totally buy everything!
    @luna that is much more sophisticated than anything I can envision creating for myself. I do understand the beauty of spreadsheets and it does make sense that if the potential purchase falls below a certain score it doesn't need to be made. I really try to be practical but I find myself making so many impulse buys! Sounds like you have the potential of a really good ap there! If you're looking for people to help test it out ... I'm sure there are plenty of MSA followers who would gladly participate!
  • JackiecupcakeJackiecupcake Posts: 1,135Member
    Julep has 2 new mystery boxes! Each $24.99 (you can also get a free Konjac sponge with any $20 order today)

"Summer, Please Stay" - Wishing for an eternal summer? Can’t get enough of long, sun-soaked days? This is THE mystery box for you.
    Includes summer-inspired beauty & nail surprises to let you live in summer bliss year-round.

"Fall All the Way" - Counting down the days ‘til fall? Excited for your first pumpkin latté of the year? This is THE mystery box for you.
    Includes fall-inspired beauty & nail surprises to let you indulge in autumnal bliss year-round.

Sephora has a new favorites kit out:

Beauty Sleep - $30 ($92 value)

"This set contains:
    - 0.17 oz/ 5 mL GLAMGLOW DREAMDUO™ Overnight Transforming Treatment DREAMSERUM
    - 0.17 oz/ 5 mL GLAMGLOW DREAMDUO™ Overnight Transforming Treatment DREAMSEAL
    - 0.5 oz/ 15 mL Origins High Potency Night-A-Mins™ Mineral-Enriched Renewal Cream
    - 0.25 oz/ 7 mL OLEHENRIKSEN Invigorating Night Transformation Gel
    - 0.27 oz/ 8 mL Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Night Serum
    - 0.17 oz/ 5 mL SUNDAY RILEY Luna Sleeping Night Oil
    - 0.1 oz/ 3 mL Kate Somerville +Retinol Firming Eye Cream
    - 1 oz/ 30 mL Living Proof Perfect Hair Day® Night Cap™ Overnight Perfector"

https://www.sephora.com/product/beauty-sleep-P424118?skuId=1981653&icid2=products

They actually have a total of 34 favorites kits now! Uh-oh. :flushed:
    @Liz Cadman
  • PlaidGirlPlaidGirl Posts: 935Member
    @Luna I had a feeling your post was about this kit as I was clicking on this link! :smiley:

I just bought it this morning!
    PM me for my swap profile. :)
    @PlaidGirl haha! I think this is a great kit!

I actually wasn't going to post anything, but I noticed MSA hadn't posted about it yet, and I wasn't sure if they were in the midst of a post or not, so I thought I'd chance it. :) So many kits are available now that I no longer know which are the new releases and which ones MSA have posted about already, but I knew not this one!
    Safe & Chic (an online green beauty store) is offering up their first mystery beauty box.

Here are the details:

"Taking you by surprise:
    •Limited Quantities Available!
    •Over $150 retail value for only $75
    •Full size products only, no samples or travel sizes.

To make your mystery box a bit more personalized, please answer the questions below -In the note section of your order, or if you forget you can email us at [email protected]
    1. Skincare: do you have dry, oily, or combination skin?
    2. Cosmetics: do you prefer earth tone- natural shades, or bright popping colors?
    3. Hair Care: do you have dry, normal or an oily scalp?
    4.Do you prefer to have more cosmetics, skincare or hair care products in your mystery box?
    5.Are there any other important notes that we should take into consideration when choosing your products?

**You may or may not receive the same contents if you purchase multiple mystery boxes. **"

This sounds intriguing to me (especially since I can let them know I'd prefer a more skincare focused box), so I think I'm going to try this one out, and I can let you all know what I get if you'd like. :smile:

https://www.safeandchic.com/collections/featured-collections-best-sellers/products/mystery-beauty-box?mc_cid=404d64d612&mc_eid=77d98253df

@Liz Cadman