Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DESTINATION STAYCATION BOX EXCHANGE GUIDELINES – Wrapping Up

chrischris Posts: 3,883Member, Moderator
edited September 8 in Swaps
Welcome to MSA's Destination Staycation Box Exchange!

Everyone is welcome to participate, but must follow the GUIDELINES in this post. (We may modify the GUIDELINES in future rounds depending on how this goes.)

We are including Destination and Staycation/Treat Yo'self options in this exchange based on the most popular category options requested.

Destination means that the recipient provides a theme, e.g. beach, great outdoors, ski bunny theme, specific country/city, haunted castle, etc.; sender curates box around or inspired by that theme.

Staycation/Treat Yo'self means that the recipient describes ideal staycation for him or herself.

People will be randomly matched with a partner based on whatever Categories you choose.

Basic Rules:
1. Retail value guidelines are estimates, but please try to stick close to these to be fair to everyone. (Even if an item can be found for less than retail, has gone on sale, etc., let’s stick to retail value to keep this simple for everyone.)
2. Brand new items only. Do not include items that have been swatched or otherwise used or tested in any way. Do not include expired items.
3. Food/drinks will be allowed in this exchange.
4. Consider gift wrapping your items or doing something a little extra to make this fun and different from a normal swap.
5. You must include a minimum of 1 item from a subscription box in the box you are putting together. This item must be a full size item (not a sample, deluxe sample, or foil packet). If it is not obvious, please somehow indicate which item(s) came from subscription boxes so we don’t end up with non-subscription box items on the swap site eventually.
6. Category Options (applies to the total retail value of all items in the box you send, but not packing materials or shipping itself): See itemized list of options below.

Note that if for some reason we have an odd number of people in a particular Category such that a match is not possible, you may be moved down to a lower retail value Category so the match can be made. This is rare, but you will be notified if this happens. No one will be moved up into a higher retail value Category.

Timeline:
1. The exchange begins when this post is online.
2. I will send everyone an email containing the information for their match(es) as soon as I can, but on or by sometime Wednesday, July 26th at the latest.
3. You may ship your package at any time, but no later than Monday, August 28th. Please use and keep a copy of your tracking number just in case. (You do not need to send this number to me.)
4. All packages should be delivered by Thursday, August 31st at the latest.
5. I plan to provide periodic reminders here about the timeline for everyone’s convenience.
6. We will have a thread for reveals/photos starting on or around August 7th. Posting photos after receipt will remain optional, but please at least acknowledge (and hopefully thank the sender!) when you receive yours to eliminate any questions of whether a package was received, etc.

CONTINUED...
Post edited by chris on

Comments

• chrischris Posts: 3,883Member, Moderator
    edited July 24
    To participate, please send an email to [email protected] with subject DESTINATION STAYCATION EXCHANGE including all of the following information by 10 PM Pacific on Tuesday, July 25, 2017:
    1. Your forum name
    2. Your real name
    3. Mailing address USA addresses only this round. If there is enough interest, we will open this up for intra-Canada matches as well. Please let me know ASAP if you are in Canada and are interested in participating.
    4. List of 5 things or categories of things you like (for example, candles, geek/gamer items, unique items, organic household products, products for curly hair) Please do not list things you do not like because this information will not be passed along.
    5. Name of your favorite subscription box
    6. Your favorite color/scent(s) (OPTIONAL)
    7. Your preferred DESTINATION theme: If you are participating in this category: please describe the theme you want your match to curate your box around for you: e.g. beach, great outdoors, ski bunny theme, specific country/city, haunted castle, etc. You can list several themes for your match to choose from if you would like to. (Note that it is up to the person who receives your name how closely they choose to stick to the theme, but, everyone, please try to stick as closely to this as possible. For example, if your match picks "beach" please do not send them a Star Wars themed box, etc.) (MANDATORY for Destination; OPTIONAL for Staycation)
    8. Your preferred STAYCATION/TREAT YO'SELF theme: If you are participating in this category: please describe your ideal staycation/treat yo'self experience so your match can curate your box around this. You can list several themes for your match to choose from if you would like to. (Note that it is up to the person who receives your name how closely they choose to stick to the theme, but, everyone, please try to stick as closely to this as possible. For example, if your match says they love a "night in with a YA book" please do not send them a ski themed box, etc.) (MANDATORY for Staycation; OPTIONAL for Destination)

9. Are you okay with receiving food/drinks? If you want to make sure you will not receive alcohol, please specify that here as well.
    10. List any allergies you want your match to be aware of (OPTIONAL)
    11. Your swap user ID number*** (OPTIONAL, but can help provide the person receiving your name with more information in case they want to consider it. If you choose not to provide this or don’t have a swap ID number, please tell me at least one prior MSA Forum exchange you participated in.)
    12. Number of matches you want (We are limiting this to 3 matches maximum if you already participated in a past forum exchange and/or have a satisfactory swap history. If you are brand new, you can request one match in the lowest retail value Category for this exchange. If you request multiple matches and/or anything other than the lowest retail value Category, please tell me how you qualify for that here - for example, participated in past exchange or your swap user ID number*** if you didn't list it already above.)
    13. Category Option(s) you want to participate in:
    • Destination Mist: Retail Value $25-39
    • Destination Sprinkle: Retail Value $40-64
    • Destination Shower: Retail Value $65-99
    • Destination Storm: Retail Value $100-125
    • Staycation Mist: Retail Value $25-39
    • Staycation Sprinkle: Retail Value $40-64
    • Staycation Shower: Retail Value $65-99
    • Staycation Storm: Retail Value $100-125

Note that retail value Category is per match. If you want a match in more than one Category, please make that clear. For example, you could write:
    Match 1: Destination Mist
    Match 2: Destination Storm
    Match 3: Staycation Shower

14. Anything else you want me to know in making your match.

***Your swap user ID number can be found by logging into the swap site from a non-mobile device, clicking on the upside-down triangle in the top right corner of the screen, and then clicking on My Swaps, and then on Profile Page. The URL information at the top of your screen will contain your swap user ID number: for example swap.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/user/XXXXX/profile where XXXXX is your swap user ID number.

Fine Print:
    By sending me your information, you agree to follow all GUIDELINES listed in this post.
    (We do not plan to modify the GUIDELINES listed here but reserve the right to do so if necessary. We will notify everyone if that happens. I am not participating in this exchange.) MSA reserves the right to refuse anyone participation in this exchange. I will not share your information with anyone aside from the person you will be matched with. Note that the person whose name you receive may or may not be the same as the person who receives your name. Please reach out to me with any questions.

Most importantly, have fun!
    Post edited by chris on
  • GeorgiaGeorgia Posts: 531Member
    Thank you @chris!
  • PamPam Posts: 2,234Member
  • wduwdu Posts: 263Member
    Yay! I've been obsessively checking for sign ups for so long, I can barely wait to get the matches. Thanks for putting this together @chris
  • Miaow23Miaow23 Posts: 145Member
    Just to clarify, if we have never done one of these before, we can still request to be in the highest category match ($100-$125) if we have provided our swap ID and have positive swaps completed? Or am I reading wrong :# :p
    Miaow23 said:

Just to clarify, if we have never done one of these before, we can still request to be in the highest category match ($100-$125) if we have provided our swap ID and have positive swaps completed? Or am I reading wrong :# :p

Correct.
  • CaitCait Posts: 188Member
    Yay!!! Just signed up! I am super excited for this exchange love the destination/staycation theme. I have a feeling I'm gonna go all out with this one haha :p
  • shelleyhuntshelleyhunt Posts: 120Member
    YAY! Excited to see this is going to happen! :)
  • CCBloomCCBloom Posts: 255Member
    Thanks, @chris. Excited for my first forum swap!
  • lotusflower13lotusflower13 Posts: 1,506Member
    Thank you @chris for taking the time to put this together. I know you have a lot on your plate and the forum adds to it, so I know that we all appreciate all that you do here for us. <3 Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
    edited July 23
    @lotusflower13 and everyone, you are welcome! It is my pleasure. (Again sorry for the delay this time!)
  • kylajaclynkylajaclyn Posts: 3,226Member
    @chris do we still get confirmation email from you? Just wanted to make sure you got my sign-up.
  • lizRlizR Posts: 593Member
    @chris Thanks for putting this together. Looking forward to another exchange!
  • entwashianentwashian Posts: 1,815Member
    @chris Are we allowed to list several possible themes for our curator to pick from?
    edited July 24

do we still get confirmation email from you? Just wanted to make sure you got my sign-up.

I received your email. :)
    edited July 24
    Sure! I will update my original post to make that clear. :)
  • bonbonbonbon Posts: 333Member
    This one sounds fun! It's been a long time since I've done one. Looking forward to this!
  • ErinAnnErinAnn Posts: 202Member
    Love these! Can't wait for the new curations to being :blush:
  • Love2323Love2323 Posts: 685Member
    edited July 25
    First forum if we choose beach will our match be a beach. Is travel or Vegas allowed or do we need to state more
    Also how many items are in this package
    ID: 1481109015524778
    @Love2323, the matches are based on category (Destination vs. Staycation and RV amount) you choose. The matches will be mostly random this time, but I am also trying to keep logical theme groupings together as much as possible. So I know not exactly random, but I can't make any promises regarding what themes people are requesting in this exchange because we purposely left this one pretty open. So hopefully that didn't make this more confusing, but to answer your questions: you can put travel, Vegas, or list both if you want. There is no set number of items in the package; the contents will be based on the theme chosen and the Retail Value category chosen.
  • Love2323Love2323 Posts: 685Member
    @chris thanks. Which price selection is most popular. I'll have my info in later today this sounds like fun & I appreciate all you do
    ID: 1481109015524778
    @Love2323, usually the mid range and higher levels are the most popular, but we always have participants in all ranges. :)
  • ShawnaShawna Posts: 940Member
    I want to participate so much (heck, 'staycation' was my suggestion!) but I'm slammed with work at the moment. But come fall, I will most definitely be IN!